Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Goodwillie is worth £5m "

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:07 pm

I've said it before, a bid of £3m would be a steal...

Just watch the clip and tell me he wouldnt be going for £5m+ if he was banging goals like these against other championship standard teams. Yes rangers and celtic are championship standard teams...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13968816.stm

how much do you want him, billionaire owners of cardiff?

Now is not the time to play silly beggers, his value goes up after europa :)

Re: " Goodwillie is worth £5m "

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:14 pm

I agree Goodwillie is Quality, but not worth £5 Mill, despite what you said else where, Our Club have offered just over £2 Mill for him, but in instalments and your club want most of it upfront. Remember he has not proved himself outside Scotland and The Championship in my opinion is a higher grade of football compared to your League :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:15 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I agree Goodwillie is Quality, but not worth £5 Mill, despite what you said else where, Our Club have offered just over £2 Mill for him, but in instalments and your club want most of it upfront. Remember he has not proved himself outside Scotland and The Championship in my opinion is a higher grade of football compared to your League :ayatollah:

I agree entirely.

i for one am very reluctant to pay alot of money for spl players, as some of them.. not all, cannot cut it at this level

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:19 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I agree Goodwillie is Quality, but not worth £5 Mill, despite what you said else where, Our Club have offered just over £2 Mill for him, but in instalments and your club want most of it upfront. Remember he has not proved himself outside Scotland and The Championship in my opinion is a higher grade of football compared to your League :ayatollah:

Of course its a better league, offer £3m and consider that a bargain. Hes too good for the SPL and championship imho. If you can convince him cardiff are going up he may sign .

Your loss if you dont , he does not need to prove himself watch the video?

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:20 pm

CardiffCity_DundeeUtd wrote:I've said it before, a bid of £3m would be a steal...

Just watch the clip and tell me he wouldnt be going for £5m+ if he was banging goals like these against other championship standard teams. Yes rangers and celtic are championship standard teams...

If he is worth £5m then that is what you will get. Do you think you will get £5m. I would have thought the answer is no and therefore he is not worth £5m.

He will be worth whatever your board accept.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:22 pm

glammy74 wrote:

I agree entirely.

i for one am very reluctant to pay alot of money for spl players, as some of them.. not all, cannot cut it at this level

some, not all , premiership players cant cut it in the spl by the way... We have had premiership players come here usually for one of the scum, and they are sent home tail between legs... just cant adapt to different style of game. Goodwillie will be the star of any team in the championship for sure.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:25 pm

You could make a clip like that of any player in any division.

That could have been Chopra, White or Philliskirk.

Its just a best bits.

Lets not get carried away.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:25 pm

Wayne S wrote:
If he is worth £5m then that is what you will get. Do you think you will get £5m. I would have thought the answer is no and therefore he is not worth £5m.

He will be worth whatever your board accept.

thats not the way it works in england, are you saying these deals that go down, are what the players are worth ? :lol:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:27 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:You could make a clip like that of any player in any division.

Its just a best bits.

Na , didnt have the goal at ibrox, or the overhead kick....2 of his best goals last season....

didnt have the cup final goal in it, etc.....

get carried away or you will regret it forever, he wont be available to you once he leaves united ;)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:30 pm

its not about what their worth...but how much people are willing to pay. no-one will pay £5mill for Goodwillie not until he's scoring 20-30 goals in the championship ala Chopra in his good days at Cardiff.

Im starting to think your Stephen Thompson now, the way your trying to sell Goodie to us lol

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:34 pm

i think its a massive gamble not many who score goals in the spl make it in prem never mind championship ie kenny miller struggled kris boyd bear in mind he supposed to be the best striker in scotland and struggled big time in championship, IF he comes and proves me wrong i will put my hands up and say sorry but at min jurys out

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:35 pm

Cardiff Daft! wrote:its not about what their worth...but how much people are willing to pay. no-one will pay £5mill for Goodwillie not until he's scoring 20-30 goals in the championship ala Chopra in his good days at Cardiff.

Im starting to think your Stephen Thompson now, the way your trying to sell Goodie to us lol

haha wish i was mate , no way id sell him before a europa game. Just want to see him wit conway but does not look like you will be paying enough . Have not even heard about the £2m offer spread out, if true, maybe your chairman will make a £2m offer straight up and get a bargain. You never know , Anyway arabest for next season hope conway fires yous into prem. 8-)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:35 pm

JET looked outstanding on YouTube and we all know he wasn't the best when we actually saw him play! Boyd was unstoppable in Scotland and looked how that turned out! In all honesty, someone who scored 18 goals in Scotland last year, is unproven internationally, and who has off field issues is never going to be worth £5m! In time he maybe but right now no chance!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:37 pm

Is Goodwillie worth more than Aaron Ramsey - who we sold to Arsenal for £4.8m - not a chance!! and I'm still gob smacked we sold him for that tbh, especially when the likes of connor wickham go to Sunderland for £8m and Theo Wallcott from Southampton for £12m - Ridiculous!

I suggest that your club should concentrate on a sell on fee clause in his contract - because it's the NEXT transfer fee for him that would be the big one if he is as good as you say he is?

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:38 pm

rumour yous offered £500,000 and hes going to scum for £1m. :o :o :o :o :o

dodgy dealing .

gutted :cry:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=196&fid=101&sty=1&act=1&mid=2117073951

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:40 pm

If anyone should know it'll be Malky.......!!!

In football there is always a gamble on signing players from lower or different leagues/ Arsene Wenger has been doing it for years and years..... Not all of them have been successes but i'd say at least 90% of them have........ e.g Patrick Viera, Nicholas Anelka, Cesc Fabregas...... shall I go on..???

A manager has to make gambles and live or die by his decisions... thats what he is paid to do...!!!!
Its a good sign that the Champions of Scotland are after him so that should tell us something..!!
Sign him and good luck to him..!! We need a goalscorer with passion and he certainly looks like he knows where the
goal is..!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:40 pm

CardiffCity_DundeeUtd wrote:rumour yous offered £500,000 and hes going to scum for £1m. :o :o :o :o :o

dodgy dealing .

gutted :cry:

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=196&fid=101&sty=1&act=1&mid=2117073951

Nah! ;)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:41 pm

Merlin wrote:Is Goodwillie worth more than Aaron Ramsey - who we sold to Arsenal for £4.8m - not a chance!! and I'm still gob smacked we sold him for that tbh, especially when the likes of connor wickham go to Sunderland for £8m and Theo Wallcott from Southampton for £12m - Ridiculous!

I suggest that your club should concentrate on a sell on fee clause in his contract - because it's the NEXT transfer fee for him that would be the big one if he is as good as you say he is?

Spot on Merlin :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:42 pm

CardiffCity_DundeeUtd wrote:
Cardiff Daft! wrote:its not about what their worth...but how much people are willing to pay. no-one will pay £5mill for Goodwillie not until he's scoring 20-30 goals in the championship ala Chopra in his good days at Cardiff.

haha wish i was mate , no way id sell him before a europa game. Just want to see him wit conway but does not look like you will be paying enough . Have not even heard about the £2m offer spread out, if true, maybe your chairman will make a £2m offer straight up and get a bargain. You never know , Anyway arabest for next season hope conway fires yous into prem. 8-)

i know how good he is. if it was me id pay the 2mill. time will tell. cheers, same to you too.
:ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:42 pm

I am a big Admirer of some of the players that come from Scotland and I love their passion for the game, but at this moment def not worth £5 Mill, hopefully after a season with us yes :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:44 pm

May I also turn ur attention to these little beauties!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zxXkSFmkv8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGsJxbX3ayo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:51 pm

Forget him, our club have been very professional when we approached Goodwillie, and even over the years sending Flood and Feeney on loan should have given us some headway. I say we stick with our guns of £2 million and no more, take it or leave it, there is plenty more fish in the sea as they say. I do not want to see our club paying millions for an untested player outside the SPL, those days of signing crooks, injury prone players are gone.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:52 pm

TheArab wrote:May I also turn ur attention to these little beauties!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zxXkSFmkv8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGsJxbX3ayo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

A better video of the cup final goal......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ligt8rptUWs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Fwiw...Goodie isn't worth £5m as he is an SPL player, simple. Give him a year at Cardiff and he will be tho!!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:53 pm

CardiffCity_DundeeUtd wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:You could make a clip like that of any player in any division.

Its just a best bits.

Na , didnt have the goal at ibrox, or the overhead kick....2 of his best goals last season....

didnt have the cup final goal in it, etc.....

get carried away or you will regret it forever, he wont be available to you once he leaves united ;)

Truth be told mate, Id love to have him.. :D

But £5millon :?: Theres no chance of that happening mate.. :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:55 pm

azz_ccfc wrote:Forget him, our club have been very professional when we approached Goodwillie, and even over the years sending Flood and Feeney on loan should have given us some headway. I say we stick with our guns of £2 million and no more, take it or leave it, there is plenty more fish in the sea as they say. I do not want to see our club paying millions for an untested player outside the SPL, those days of signing crooks, injury prone players are gone.

Mate, it's not the £2M that is the issue, it's how u are going to pay us said amount. We want it in full as we have debts to pay, and players to sign. We can't do this if we get paid in installments. U have a supposed budget of £16M, why u can't just put up i don't know??

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:56 pm

A fantastic player with brilliant potential for the Championship and Premiership, but 5 million is a big ask for a player that could struggle to adapt to the style of football in these leagues. Kris Boyd would be a fine example of a flop in a more competitive Championship.

We should say 3 million up front and after 20 goals in a season a further 1 million?

Thu Jun 30, 2011 12:57 pm

Just cause he can score goals in the micky mouse SPL league (and I lived in Glasgow for 7 years and watched a lot of SPL games before anyone starts) doesn't mean he's going to be as effective in the Championship. Look at Kris Boyd, record goalscorer in SPL history, can barely make the teams last year at Boro and Forest.

£2 million is about all he's worth and that's pushing it considering he hasn't proven he is good enough for the Championship yet

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:05 pm

Mate, it's not the £2M that is the issue, it's how u are going to pay us said amount. We want it in full as we have debts to pay, and players to sign. We can't do this if we get paid in installments. U have a supposed budget of £16M, why u can't just put up i don't know??

If you have noticed, nearly every football club is in debt, regardless if its Dundee United, Cardiff or even Man Utd, debts will always exist. Our budget isnt just for transfers, it includes wages as well and budget for example growth lights for the turf, taxman etc.

Our club is operating on a sound financial business plan, where we are now planning for the future and meet future payments, unlike the past regime who have lied to everyone.

This is probably the best reason I can give, I hope our clubs reach an reasonable agreement.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:09 pm

CardiffCity_DundeeUtd wrote:I've said it before, a bid of £3m would be a steal...

Are you the Dundee Chairman by any chance :roll: :D

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:10 pm

welshie wrote:Just cause he can score goals in the micky mouse SPL league (and I lived in Glasgow for 7 years and watched a lot of SPL games before anyone starts) doesn't mean he's going to be as effective in the Championship. Look at Kris Boyd, record goalscorer in SPL history, can barely make the teams last year at Boro and Forest.

£2 million is about all he's worth and that's pushing it considering he hasn't proven he is good enough for the Championship yet

Clearly u haven't watched THAT much SPL football as Boyd and Goodie are incomparable. Firstly Boyd is a poacher, nothing else. He adds nothing to the team hence why he never played for Rangers in Europe. They played 451 and Boyd quite simply, couldn't play the lone striker as his work rate is terrible, he doesn't track back, work the channels, help the midfield, NOTHING!! This is also why he doesn't play for Scotland. In the SPL he was able to stand about the edge of the box and wait on chances arriving because they ALWAYS did. This is Rangers after all. With Goodie, he HAS to work for the team, he can play with with partner, or have can play up on his own. He runs his heart every single 90 mins, working the channels, creating space, creating chances and obviously scoring goals. What u have to remember is Utd are a provincial club in the SPL and to to get 2nd highest scorer with the most assists in the whole league INCLUDING Rangers an Celtic is some achievement. Any half decent striker playing for the old firm can score 20 goals a season, doing it for any other team is a.very hard task.