Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Goodwillie is worth £5m "

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:22 pm

He is not worth anywhere near £5 million yet.

£2 million tops, if he proves himself in the Championship then clearly his value will go up but that's for another day. If he goes elsewhere and proves himself then fair enough but we should not be payong over the odds for anyone let alone a young boy plying his trade against mediocre shite in the SPL with off field issues to address.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:42 pm

£5m is a joke for any player in the SPL to be honest. Especially someone who's in court twice next season and is completely unproven outside of that league.
I hope we take our business elsewhere if they really are asking for that money. Let Rangers bully their way to him for half that. Could sign Nicky Maynard for that cash.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:55 pm

Jesus guys, no one except the OP has mentioned £5M!!!! Chill.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:24 pm

£5m for someone who plays in the Scottish leagues :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldn't pay £10m for the Old Firm combined.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:25 pm

I think I can imagine how Dundee United feel. Its probably a bit like
how we felt when we had Ramsey. You just KNOW the lad is going
to be special, and you KNOW that one day somebody is going to shell
out 10m for him.

However, Rambo was 17 years old playing in a superior league to
Goodwille, and we only got 5m for him two years ago

Dundee United will just have to accept that it IS a bigger gamble to
buy a lad who has shone in the SPL, and act accordingly

Or keep him

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:30 pm

Why do u guys now think we want £5M for him?? That's ludicrous.

DaveSheffield. That's the typical attitude we get from 99% of fans from teams down south. Up until now, ur fans have been sum of the most respectful i've came across. If the SPL really was that bad, why have ur team been plundering it for years??

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:42 pm

TheArab wrote:Why do u guys now think we want £5M for him?? That's ludicrous.

DaveSheffield. That's the typical attitude we get from 99% of fans from teams down south. Up until now, ur fans have been sum of the most respectful i've came across. If the SPL really was that bad, why have ur team been plundering it for years??

Let's be honest mate - the SPL is tragic just now. Gates are way down, the standard isn't great and it's far too expensively priced for what's on offer. I grudge paying into top flight games up here and am thankful that I know a few players who can call on tickets for men most of the time.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:58 pm

5million for a player from the SPL which is about as good as div 1 standard in are league system lets be fair hes not near worth that and the video shows him scoring a few goals from 8yards how does that make him worth 5million :lol: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:00 pm

PtB wrote:

Let's be honest mate - the SPL is tragic just now. Gates are way down, the standard isn't great and it's far too expensively priced for what's on offer. I grudge paying into top flight games up here and am thankful that I know a few players who can call on tickets for men most of the time.

Most of ur points I would agree on but there is still sum real talented players kicking about. Some of which are now being touted as £10M players in the EPL!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:05 pm

TheArab wrote:
PtB wrote:

Most of ur points I would agree on but there is still sum real talented players kicking about. Some of which are now being touted as £10M players in the EPL!

Yeah, but we can't find their real worth until they're tested at the higher level. Anyone who thinks Charlie Adam is worth £10 million needs locked up!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:10 pm

As does anyone who think Torres is worth £50M!!! Goodie IS worth £2M, but if this was England instead of Scotland then yes he probably would be in the £5M bracket. Look at Fletcher of Wolves, a prime example.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:15 pm

CardiffCity_DundeeUtd wrote:I've said it before, a bid of £3m would be a steal...

Just watch the clip and tell me he wouldnt be going for £5m+ if he was banging goals like these against other championship standard teams. Yes rangers and celtic are championship standard teams...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13968816.stm

how much do you want him, billionaire owners of cardiff?

Now is not the time to play silly beggers, his value goes up after europa :)

Love to see those goal celebrations in a City shirt, he's a cocky little fecker, and Cardiff fans will love him :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:30 pm

He is a cocky little fucker buts its because he knows he's good. Plus, he's had months of stick from opposition fans with regards the rape charges. He has held it together very well, went thru a 6 or 7 game slump just after January because of all that was going on but soon recovered and now loves getting it up the fans who have labelled him a rapist.without directly rubbing it in their faces.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:13 pm

TheArab wrote:As does anyone who think Torres is worth £50M!!! Goodie IS worth £2M, but if this was England instead of Scotland then yes he probably would be in the £5M bracket. Look at Fletcher of Wolves, a prime example.

Fair point mate.......but you know what it's like up here!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:02 am

Id say 2.5 most at the moment sorry not until hes played a season with us could be our talisman ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:13 am

Well, We have got him for just over £2 Mill, Next Monday :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:05 am

lets hope he can score some goals then the only thing that worries me is that boyd was similar and he turned out shit in this league

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:08 am

I watched hibs play celtic at Easter road the football was awful and boring it was like watching 2 pub teams play. :lol:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:28 am

bluegirl73 wrote:I watched hibs play celtic at Easter road the football was awful and boring it was like watching 2 pub teams play. :lol:

Yeah, well you're lucky you got one of the good games!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:31 am

TheArab wrote:As does anyone who think Torres is worth £50M!!! Goodie IS worth £2M, but if this was England instead of Scotland then yes he probably would be in the £5M bracket. Look at Fletcher of Wolves, a prime example.

Same applies if he was Welsh mate.

Had Aaron Ramsey been English we'd have got about £8m for him

Probably cos they a bigger country and the Clubs buying him would
know they'd get more coverage, media attention, sell more shirts etc

f*cking racists :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :ayatollah: