Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Chelsea/Cardiff Very latest REAL HOPE "

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:03 pm

Following on from posts off other posters I felt I better post this, to all of us involved whether convicted, family or friends PLEASE DO NOT BUILD YOUR HOPES UP there is hope but still a hell of a way to go yet, that is why I have kept quiet for a while but its is out now in London and Today on here so here is the situation to date.

Latest news I have is that there are 8 of our lads still stuck up in Wormwood Scrubs and one lad in Cardiff…there are also quite a few Chelsea fans inside still with JM up in Newmarket.
From the very start on February 3rd it was obvious that the judge had been briefed that these 96 were the scum of the earth, worse kind of blight on society and serial football hooligans ( It has been a little awkward at times for the judge just before sentencing reading out the excellent character references, and the facts that many were first offenders and the majority in full time employment and the vast majority from a solid family background) and to be fair to Judge Edmunds he decided to deal with each and every one of them harshly within a pattern of sentencing using 8 levels for affray and Violent disorder a special level for Jason Marriner and also a lower level for cases that could not be proved so were lowered to a section 4 to guarantee a guilty verdict and therefore guarantee a banning order and stop any chance of the defendant claiming expenses or damages.

So it went on sentences from 6 months to two years, month after month, no defence was working because it was classed as a riot and being there and being identified was more or less a prison sentence waiting to happen…many complained and wanted to plead not guilty but the threat of much longer sentences and a heavy monetary cost forced loads to bite the bullet and accept a shorter term behind bars.
We all know that measures that were obvious to everyone in a game that was classed as Category C Plus could have prevented these incidents…
• the three most obvious being in a lock in of Cardiff fans
• Moving known risk supporters from the area before the game
• Blocking off routes over to the Kings Road
Simple measures that have led many fans to believe it was all a set up to catch a few known hooligans that backfired into a multimillion pound operation that has seen maybe a dozen actual targets captured and many first offenders caught in the net and subsequently jailed.
About 6 weeks ago I was contacted by a lad from London stating that there may be a problem with the evidence that was used to convict Chelsea and Cardiff fans in Operation Ternhill where o0ver 50 had been sentenced during February and March this year and many more since up to the total of 96, a figure Judge Edmunds mentions every day he sits in judgement of this matter.
http://content.met.police.uk/News/Twent ... 7246745756

During the last month other Chelsea families have been in touch plus Annis has put another couple of lads onto me and one contacted me through this site, and one lad in particular called Paul who managed to raise thousands of pounds, a lot out of his own pocket , to actually challenge the evidence itself, he had to do this because he could see that jail was the agenda for 80% of the defendants and the only defence left was the evidence itself.
He employed an expert from outside of London to examine Magnet 15 police camera footage, this footage was the main source of evidence used particularly in the Kings Road.

About three weeks ago he contacted me to show me the report and it was a real eye opener and has confirmed what myself and Vince had thought for many months, the evidence appears to have been contaminated and edited to condemn all the defendants.

There are loads of anomalies in the reports and recommendations to the police for future operations that they cocked up during this one and this report is now in the hands of the CPS and Judge Edmunds has set a date of July 25th for a 2-3 trial called “an abuse of evidence” trial which I will be attending.
I have hinted towards this for a while now but have tried to keep it under wraps but now the case is public knowledge its ok to highlight it without going into too much detail about the video and audio report. I have also been going through loads of stuff that the lads were given before trial and one thing sticks out to me and Vince is that the filming of events took place at 2 pm on the match day, yet the tapes did not reach the evidence room until the Monday at 10.30 am? That is a long time and anything could have happened during that time but that is up to the police to satisfy the judge.
Myself and Vince will keep trawling through stuff looking for more anomalies in the written evidence and we will be meeting with the Chelsea lads in 9 days’ time to go through what we have.
It’s up to the barristers now and one sign that there may be more t this than meets the eye is the fact that 4 City lads went to court Monday all expecting jail, all four had charges reduced dramatically and 3 were sent home free and one has to still face sentencing but on much less of a charge…I believe they can all thank Paul for this and his efforts getting this report although to be fair I have passed on their thanks to Paul.

So to sum up I will be up in Isleworth to see this through on the 25th and 26th and if it turns out that the Judge agrees with the defendant that the Magnet 15 was contaminated there could well be the possibility of court of appeal hearings for everyone convicted using this evidence…BUT WE ARE A LONG WAY FROM THAT YET AND THAT IS ANOTHER REASON THAT I HAVE KEPT THIS QUIET ALL BUT FROM A FEW…NOT TO BUILD PEOPLES HOPES UP.
The judge might accept that the police have acted legally and that will be an end to any chance of appeal but you never know and there is most definitely a chance thanks to the effort of Paul and we all should appreciate his effort.

Re: Chelsea/Cardiff very latest

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:16 pm

http://riotonline.com/blog/2011/03/vide ... ers-trial/

The top video was taken with Magnet 15

Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm

Our 'justice' system stinks Corky and corruption is rife i hope the evidence unearthed proves this and perhaps we will see a few bent coppers appear in court :roll: Really makes you :twisted:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:11 pm

If there is evidence that they have tampered with the videos. There needs to reaprocutions! Not only fired from there jobs but charged with an offence. And sent to prison!!! Scum are worse than most of the people in this case!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:36 pm

Please explain if you can why you keep posting about them inside?.Every team up and down the land, I'm sure has some one in side.Ther true crime here was thinking they could get away with it.The days of having a pint and scrap at football is we'll gone,for one cameras every Where,two old bill not as stupid as they once were,snd three we all know how they have come down on football related vilonce.If they are stupid enough to do these things in this day and age then ther fault.We all enjoyd the past but sory them days are all but gone.move on.Maybe the time away will make them realize this.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:43 pm

Ps,The system is as bent as can be.They don't give to fecks if they did it or not,in ther eyes police are everything. ,we are shit in the eyes of the middle clasd in this world.Allways has been.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:51 pm

Please explain if you can why you keep posting about them inside?

It is not a normal case...over 96 arrests and over 70 in prison...so there are many relatives and friends that like to be kept in the loop...lot more is done by private messaging or e mail but sometimes news comes up that affects them all.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:11 pm

Corky keep up the good work and ignore this idiot. He has not had anyone in this situation obviously.
your postings have been a great help to the family and friends of those involved in this case.
I dont think anyone should question your actions in this regard considering the amount of time and effort you have put into this appalling mis-justice. As we know its not the actual crimes our friends and family are angry about...its the crazy sentences and the feeling of compulsion to plead guilty to crimes they may not have committed. :ayatollah:

Re: " Chelsea/Cardiff Very latest REAL HOPE "

Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:49 pm

Corky,

You, along with Vince and this chap Paul should be commended for your tireless work regarding this joke of a justice system.

Well done and lets hope there is evidence to prove the fuckers set it all up and they pay for the misery they have caused to hundreds.
Makes my blood boil :evil: :evil:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:01 pm

I'm not having a go,far from it.I just don't understand why cctv footage or wether its been tamperd with will help. The ob are feckers,we al know that and to give up dates on how they are is good but if they did what ever they ssid they did or not,let's face it the ob will find away.Anyway good on you for doing it.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:06 pm

swansealad69 wrote:I'm not having a go,far from it.I just don't understand why cctv footage or wether its been tamperd with will help. The ob are feckers,we al know that and to give up dates on how they are is good but if they did what ever they ssid they did or not,let's face it the ob will find away.Anyway good on you for doing it.

I guarantee there is a pot of glue next to you. Got to be. Sober up and come back on line later

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:11 pm

swansealad69 wrote:I'm not having a go,far from it.I just don't understand why cctv footage or wether its been tamperd with will help. The ob are feckers,we al know that and to give up dates on how they are is good but if they did what ever they ssid they did or not,let's face it the ob will find away.Anyway good on you for doing it.

i know what your saying is fair and your posts on this are probably right but i was there and it was a carve up mate. the ob let it happen but shite emselves with the ferocity of it. The way they cut the evidence videos for the lads that went down and some of the coppers statements are complete lies. Corky is a ledgend for pushing on this :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:43 pm

I really would like to wish all the Cardiff lads and the family of the lads all the best for those awaiting to here anything or the ones that was sentenced. Never in a million years did i ever think that Peter Corkery Geraints brother from Treharris would end up in a situation like that wrong place at the wrong time i think but i really hope hes doing well up in the scrubs always seemed a really nice guy good footballer also back in the day and Paul again i suppose its like a sentance and hell for yourself aswell btw but really hope both nightmares comes to an end when he gets released as soon as possible.Hope time comes and gos quick for him and the other lads so ALL THE VERY BEST LADS TO THOSE AFFECTED BY THIS HORRIBLE SITUATION :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:11 pm

Well done Corky. These lads are lucky to have you in their corner.

Lets hope the truth comes out in the end.

If they've done wrong then they deserve punishment, but only in a fair hearing and at the same level as similar incidents.

To me it didn't look a serious incident. Seen worse in a Caerphilly pub.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:41 pm

Now what you are saying mate,was at leeds few years back and when I left the ground I waited out side,the ob were everywhere yet they still let leeds fans come around our end and it kicked right off,ob did feck all.was tould latet that they leave it happen and study cctv later
after they moved the main set of lads on to the coches,I was waiting alone among the leeds fans outside our end for my brothers and leeds were just picking out anyone the dirty feckets yet ob just stood ther done nothing.I have had my runnings with them over the years,so I know what I'm talking about,only in may,the Norwich game was in the wrong place around the away end down liberty on my way to meet my son when I got a dirty slut on a horse telling me to fecking move(I was doing feck all just walking) but she still pushed the horse on to me smashing my foot(was going to thailand three days later)had to have surgery the lot,yet I had no case my solicitor said.As I had no wittnesses I was fecked,I tell you the ob are scum.Never trust them.by the way did go to thailand just could not go in the water.ps I'm yousing a phone so I'm sory if difficult to read,I'm not on glue lol

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:43 pm

Corky, you and everyone else fighting our corner deserve all the credit in the world.

TBH I don't hold out much hope of anything good happening for myself and the other boys who's pleaded guilty already and served the sentences dished out, simply because we've already admitted our guilt.

But if it can help anybody still to be dealt with then it'll be worth all the effort.

I'll email you my solicitors details, he represented a few of us in the original cases in February, if he can help I'm sure he will.

Once again thanks Corky and Vince :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:58 pm

Guys, look its a shot in the dark but to be fair we have tried all sorts to figure out the best course of action and then Paul from Chelsea give us this lifeline...he is the guy people need to thank....even if nothing comes from this in my opinion he has already proven to me that all was not well with the evidence...its now up to the barristers and the judge...fairness is all people can expect in life and we see protesters getting off for spitting in a cops face and even then being allowed on holidays before getting the Tag put on...stuff like that and other examples of stuff that people get a simple ticking off for...this was heavy from the start but the evidence and the DVD's being shown time and time again made things look really bleak and in court you can see why Judge Edmund s felt the need to sentence many to jail....

however if the DVD's were enhanced to make things look and particularly sound worse than they actually were then it makes the convictions unfair and unsafe....but that is for the judge to decide and if he believes that the prosecution case was all above board and correctly done to the book then we must all then accept that...that is the way it is. There is hope but not something to get to reliant on...everyone needs to wait for July 25th and the decision of the judge.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:05 pm

Good luck to you lads anyway

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:09 pm

swansealad69 wrote:Now what you are saying mate,was at leeds few years back and when I left the ground I waited out side,the ob were everywhere yet they still let leeds fans come around our end and it kicked right off,ob did feck all.was tould latet that they leave it happen and study cctv later
after they moved the main set of lads on to the coches,I was waiting alone among the leeds fans outside our end for my brothers and leeds were just picking out anyone the dirty feckets yet ob just stood ther done nothing.I have had my runnings with them over the years,so I know what I'm talking about,only in may,the Norwich game was in the wrong place around the away end down liberty on my way to meet my son when I got a dirty slut on a horse telling me to fecking move(I was doing feck all just walking) but she still pushed the horse on to me smashing my foot(was going to thailand three days later)had to have surgery the lot,yet I had no case my solicitor said.As I had no wittnesses I was fecked,I tell you the ob are scum.Never trust them.by the way did go to thailand just could not go in the water.ps I'm yousing a phone so I'm sory if difficult to read,I'm not on glue lol

You,re not on glue???? this can,t be your normal behaviour??? if so i,d change the medication if i was you!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:57 pm

great work guys :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:30 pm

I have known for weeks, Chelsea Fans raised thousands of £'s to get a Lawyer to look in to the Video tapes to see if they were tampered and guess what it looks like they were edited. A Judge will now decide the out come.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:14 pm

Think all you guys are forgeting all the guys that are in the sh@t were still acting like animals lets not get away from that fact :geek:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:45 pm

intheknow wrote:Think all you guys are forgeting all the guys that are in the sh@t were still acting like animals lets not get away from that fact :geek:

Yeah because you were there and saw it all didn't you????????? I was there with my Daughter and when we come out of the Stadium the policing was piss poor and the whole thing stuck of a set up :twisted: I have no sympathy with the people who were out to hurt opposition fans but a lot of innocent people were caught up in events that day and the sentences handed out were draconian :(

The fact you have only 4 posts suggests you are probably a Jack on a wind up :roll:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:01 pm

intheknow wrote:Think all you guys are forgeting all the guys that are in the sh@t were still acting like animals lets not get away from that fact :geek:

Are you sure you're in the know?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:07 pm

blueheaven wrote:

Yeah because you were there and saw it all didn't you????????? I was there with my Daughter and when we come out of the Stadium the policing was piss poor and the whole thing stuck of a set up :twisted: I have no sympathy with the people who were out to hurt opposition fans but a lot of innocent people were caught up in events that day and the sentences handed out were draconian :(

The fact you have only 4 posts suggests you are probably a Jack on a wind up :roll:

Thats right cause i havent lived on this board all my life i must be a gypo
nice one mate

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:10 pm

intheknow wrote:
blueheaven wrote:

Thats right cause i havent lived on this board all my life i must be a gypo
nice one mate

OK so if you are not a Jack on a wind up were you there and did you see what happened when we come out of the ground and if so would you agree it could have been 'policed' much better??????

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:15 pm

Yes i was there mate, and yes it could have been policed better it had set up written all over it mate but we are still forgetting there were elements of our support who were hell bent on trouble thats what i was getting at im sorry i came across wrong

Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Warrior wrote:
intheknow wrote:Yes i was there mate, and yes it could have been policed better it had set up written all over it mate but we are still forgetting there were elements of our support who were hell bent on trouble thats what i was getting at im sorry i came across wrong

have you for got the fact that they have been well over sentenced and the punishment did not fit the crimes they were suppose to have done, what happens with a fight out side say a Merthyr night club ?

They normally call there husbands :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: