Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

New backroom staff announced

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:14 pm

Cardiff City Football Club can today confirm that contracts have been completed for the arrival of senior coaching staff David Kerslake and Richard Collinge, while Joe McBride is set to complete terms with the club on Friday.
The arrival of three new members of the coaching set-up comes as a part of a Cardiff City shake-up by new first team manager Malky Mackay. David, Richard and Joe all worked with Malky at Watford and will hit the ground running as pre-season begins officially on Friday.
David Kerslake takes up the position of Assistant Manager; Joe McBride will be First Team Coach and Richard Collinge is our new Head of Performance.
David Kerslake
Richard Collinge
Joe McBride
Along with incoming members of staff, as reported, Terry Burton, Paul Wilkinson and Alex Armstrong have been placed on gardening leave at the club until their contracts are resolved or other opportunities are found.
Cardiff City Football Club would like to place on record our sincere best wishes and thanks to Terry, Paul and Alex, all of whom have moved the club into a far better position based on their hard work under former manager Dave Jones. We are sure all Cardiff City supporters will join us in thanking them for their hard work and commitment over the past few years.

Re: New backroom staff announced

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:20 pm

Best of luck for the future Terry :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:28 pm

http://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/page/New ... 25,00.html :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
ooop's, already done!!! :oops:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:33 pm

Well now that that's out of the way i hope to see a lot of movement in on the players front. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

As predicted ?

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Was there a prediction on this one? - or did it slip through the net.
Terry Burton and Co will find jobs I would have thought - maybe even back Watford which was he came from wasn't it ?

Good to see the club are letting Malky start with a clean slate - just need some players , which will probably be the first couple weeks of July - you that here first ....:)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:38 pm

Nice clean start, just a bit :o margetson is still here!.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:40 pm

Dont know what to think about this, I got a feeling they were choosen on the basis that they're best chums with Malky Mackay rather than their technical experience. I hope I'm wrong, and they're good at they're job, personally dont know much about them, so got no overall opinion on this.