Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Robert Earnshaw - Cardiff City FC (Let us reunite!)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:31 pm

Robert Earnshaw - Cardiff City FC - 1998-2004 - Appearances 178 - Goals 85

Career Stats so far - Appearances 437 - Goals - 196 (substitute in approx. 115 games)

Boasting Credential - Scored hatrick in an International, Premiership, Championship, Division one, Division two, League Cup & FA Cup. On many occasions named MOTM, has been named Welsh player of the year, named in a PFA Team of the year (more than once), Broke the 56yr old CCFC Stan Richards record for goals in a season with 35 goals. (31 in the league!)

Welsh Debut in 2002 scoring the winning goal against Germany.

Came through the ranks at Cardiff on a YTS contract, Scored on the opening day of his first professional season, Went to West Brom for £3.6m, onto Norwich for £3.6m then to Derby County's record transfer at £3.5m, Signed for Forest for £2.65m.

At 30 yrs old and still possessing the killer touch, technical ability, pace and desire and passion to be the best he can for as long as he can, Do I personally still want to see him return to Cardiff City Football Club on a FREE transfer? You're damn right I do!!

Cardiff City favourite to many, Cardiff City legend to all.

God Bless you Earnie - Welcome home any time you want :ayatollah:

Re: Robert Earnshaw - Cardiff City FC (Let us reunite!)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:32 pm

I would have him back in a heart beat.

Come on home Earnie

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:53 pm

I would have him back tomorrow but does he feature in MM plans I really hope he does as he still has a lot to offer

Thu Jun 30, 2011 8:54 pm

past his best . City wont sign him if the got any brains

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:04 pm

I disagree he's still sharp in the box and has an eye for the goal and also a player with passion who will give 100% for our club especially as we are his hometown club

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:05 pm

I would LOVE to see Rob back in a City shirt, but the more time goes on the more I will happily go along with what Malky decides.

In Malky I trust!

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:08 pm

Earnie will always be wanted by the masses at Cardiff, even if the snipers think he is past it - didnt bother watching him in the latter part of the season? clinical against the pikeys (Jacks), clinical poaching against the other pikeys (N.Ireland)

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:20 pm

Would love him back but the speculation has started to die ! He's a free agent tomorrow then we'll see what happens ! :ayatollah:

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:25 pm

We seem to be signing young players.
Sale on value maybe.
Earnie in 3 years will be worth sod all.
I'd sign himthough.

Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:27 pm

We want Earnie summersaulting around the CCS!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:28 am

He's a player that ouzes passion and love for the game! You just can't turn him away for less than 10k a week!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:31 am

Sign him up city, free transfer bargain! Look at the goals he has scored and still only 30! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:35 am

I reckon he would be awesome for one more season, if we don't sign him this season then never at all. I would hate for earnie to come back to city, get injured and not play for months then when he does start playing be pants. Ruin all the brill work he has done for us!!

Not that I am looking on the bleak side mind.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:09 am

Merlin wrote:He's a player that ouzes passion and love for the game! You just can't turn him away for less than 10k a week!!!

he scored the winner against us for Forest last season ..... enough said :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:28 am

Came on against Swansea in PO Semi final and scored with 1st touch!! And was it his 2nd or 3rd touch hit a post and almost stopped Swansea reaching the final!!! (the last game he played in) ;)

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 am

.He still has it for sure. Goals wise he had quite a good season, even though he didn't start every game. Injuries aside I think he would bag 20 next year

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:12 am

Come back Earnie :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:26 am

Malky bring Earnie home PLEASE :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:45 pm

for the fans that watched him down here week in week out i don't see how you could EVER say no to earnie. bluebird through and through. would love to see him in a city shirt next season.
EARNIE'S GUNNA GET YA!