Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Building a team..

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:12 am

..Using players we've REALISTICALLY been linked with.

Looking at some of the names we are linked with I can't help but get excited about the upcoming weeks.

----------Goodwillie-----------
--Whitts--Bellamy--Conway--
----Frimpong-Gunnarsson-----
Taylor--Keinan--Hudson--Kev
-------------Heaton------------

It's unlikely we will sign them all but I have faith MM will deliver quality this season. The above formation contains the strongest remains from last season, our 2 new additions (hope I dont jinx the taylor signing now as a natural LB is vital) and a few players I feel aren't out of our reach.. And looking at it.. Could it actually be stronger than last year??

Many will disagree with my formation (that's the best thing about the beautiful game) but hear me out. I'm aware Conway prefers the left wing but as things stand we have nobody capable of playing on the right bar Conway. The silver lining of this is that Whittingham can reassume the left wing (for me he is no CM), the position he scored 25 goals from.. The placement of Bellamy will confuse some but I feel with two defensive midfielders sat back he will be allowed to exploit his pace in the holes alongside Goodwillie (moving into a 442 if needed) and linking up play with our wingers. His tenacity chasing down the ball would put great pressure on the other teams defence and stop them playing at their own pace.

If the Zambian prince were to come home can you think of many better impact strikers at this level infront of a home crowd?

Maybe I've played too much Football manager but exciting times ahead :ayatollah: thought? Constructive criticism welcome as always!

Re: Building a team..

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:43 am

yes it looks good but cant see us signing all of them but i dont mind that formation either

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:15 am

I was hoping it would be

---------Goodwillie--------Earnshaw---------------
--Bellamy--Whittingham--Gunnarsson--Conway--
-----Taylor--Gerrard--Hudson--McNaughton
----------------------Heaton------------------------

This would be a great side

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:44 am

I'm all excited again!!! can't wait for the new season to start.