WE NEED A NEW KEEPER

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:53 am

Any suggestions for a keeper :ayatollah:

Re: WE NEED A NEW KEEPER

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:55 am

marcus hahnemann :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:56 am

I honestly don't think its a priority, Heaton and Marshall are both decent keepers, not exceptional but if we wont a better one it will cost money. i would rather that money is utilised elsewhere such as midfield or striker!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:02 am

Todgers Ccfc <3 wrote:Any suggestions for a keeper :ayatollah:

Nothing wrong with the keepers we have mukka, Heaton, Marshall and Santiago for the future.
Our priority I feel right now is in central midfield.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:02 am

As much as Heaton annoyed me last year with some of his play, I think all 3 keepers should be given a chance to show what they can do... :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:03 am

I think Malky is well aware of our goalkeeping situation. I would not rule out an approach for Watford's Scott Loach.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:09 am

Bring Bywater back in on a perm contract? :lol: *Picks up coat and closes door behind him*

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:20 am

i think heaton is more than capable,hopefully he can stay fit,like mentioned above priorities lie in other positions

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:27 am

our keepers should be good enough give them all a go in freindlies and whoever performs best should play because theres not a lot of difference between them i think :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:28 am

our keepers should be good enough give them all a go in freindlies and whoever performs best should play because theres not a lot of difference between them i think :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:35 am

I like Heaton and he would be my first choice between the sticks. Would rather spend the money elsewhere unless Marshall leaves, then I'd say leave the keepers as they are.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:39 am

I don't see whats wrong with Heaton? He is a good keeper and had a good season before his injury.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:46 am

Kanester wrote:I don't see whats wrong with Heaton? He is a good keeper and had a good season before his injury.

Apparently towards the end of last season Heaton was a bag of nerves hence Bywater getting the nod in the play offs. Don't know if there's any substance in this, but if there is then that's not good news. Personally I prefer Marshall.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:48 am

CF64 BLUE wrote:
Kanester wrote:I don't see whats wrong with Heaton? He is a good keeper and had a good season before his injury.

Apparently towards the end of last season Heaton was a bag of nerves hence Bywater getting the nod in the play offs. Don't know if there's any substance in this, but if there is then that's not good news. Personally I prefer Marshall.

Yeah I did read about that, Well coming back from Injury in some of the most important games in our history I thnk most people would be the same. Hope he's number 1 this season, Seems a nice bloke too.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:50 am

Always seemed susceptible to letting in long range efforts. Would love to see stats on proportion of goals let in from outside box compared to other good championship keepers. Still a good enough keeper if our defence closes people down better.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:09 am

totally agree -Heaton is a liability

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:20 am

Todgers Ccfc <3 wrote:Any suggestions for a keeper :ayatollah:

I,ve said this on many other posts about our keepers, yes it is not the priority at the moment but under dave jones we have never had a keeper who comes out and commands his area, he signs keepers who are good shot stoppers but suspect in the air, (heaton and marshall are no exception) we,ve been found out many times from big defenders coming up for corners and free kicks. If there is still some leeway after malky expands the squad then go and get another keeper, but i would keep heaton as back up!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:25 am

I would have liked Joe Murphy but hes signed for Coventry on a free this week. Good steady international keeper

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:25 am

Heaton's a very good keeper, he's come on leaps and bounds since his first spell on loan few years back, and when he's in goal i feel comfortable, he's a good shot stopper and got good handling! Ok he may have been a bag of nerves, but forgive me in thinking it was his first play-off experience? Anybody would be bricking it! especially since most of his career was playing for Man Utd reserves ... Keep him, nothing wrong with him, and Marshall is great back-up as well!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:08 pm

The both of them are good keepers to keep the bench warm.

Maik Taylor....Jerzy Dudeck....Marcus Hanernham.....

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:21 pm

Heaton and Marshall are decent championship keepers but if we're aiming for promotion we need an excellent championship keeper. Confidence in who's behind you is vital for the back four.

Camp
Westwood
Kenny

Any with the same ability of the above will do for me :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:24 pm

I wouldn't put Heaton or Marshall in the top 15 keepers in the Championship.

Says it all really
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:59 pm

maybe malky will give marshall a chance to improve

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:35 pm

can we report this as spam :?: are only gk problem last season (like a keep saying) was when our keepers were injured.

SHOW SOME FAITH IN OUR PLAYERS AND NOT SOMEONE ELSE'S

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:40 pm

bluebirdsmad123 wrote:marcus hahnemann :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

sam, hahnemann is 39 butt :lol:
:ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:45 pm

Do the job mun look at van Der sar :roll:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:45 pm

Dont need one i dont think, but wouldn't mind maybe Alex Smithies :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:14 am

Midfield general wrote:
bluebirdsmad123 wrote:marcus hahnemann :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

My choice too

And mine with either heaton or marshall as back ups :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:22 am

Well as long as Martyn Margetson is coaching them, they'll always be shite keepers at our club! Bywater was once touted as a future England keeper I seem to recall! that was until he met Martyn, who uses butter to clean the goalies gloves and boots! :lol:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:33 am

Shay Given.