Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Goodwillie wont hand in transfer request!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:12 am

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 99,00.html

Looks like DG wont hand in a transfer request to push for a deal, this would confirm no deal is agreed. I guess a deal needs to be sorted over the weekend if DG is to fly in on Monday to sign? Not sure why there has to be a delay to Monday. If this is a prime target and Rangers offering improved offers then city need to sort this out today and get the boy down to sign a contract! :roll:

Re: Goodwillie wont hand in transfer request!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:17 am

He won't hand in a transfer request because if he does he'll not get a "loyalty payment". If he's sold he will.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:19 am

bornsurvivor wrote:He won't hand in a transfer request because if he does he'll not get a "loyalty payment". If he's sold he will.

That makes sense, not sure what value that would hold though and surely a decent signing on fee from whatever club who signs him would be more valuable?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:37 am

boyo1927 wrote:
bornsurvivor wrote:He won't hand in a transfer request because if he does he'll not get a "loyalty payment". If he's sold he will.

That makes sense, not sure what value that would hold though and surely a decent signing on fee from whatever club who signs him would be more valuable?

Signing on fees are more common to players on free transfers or renewing their contracts not usually players under contract moving to other clubs....

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:40 am

Merlin wrote:
boyo1927 wrote:

Signing on fees are more common to players on free transfers or renewing their contracts not usually players under contract moving to other clubs....

I understood they were pretty much common in most transfers?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:46 am

boyo1927 wrote:
Merlin wrote:Signing on fees are more common to players on free transfers or renewing their contracts not usually players under contract moving to other clubs....

I understood they were pretty much common in most transfers?

Yeah and often to the tune of around 10% of transfer fees. A few players up here have donated that money to the youth setups of the clubs that brought them through.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:52 am

Maybe I'm wrong then?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:54 am

Merlin wrote:Maybe I'm wrong then?

Maybe, maybe not. That is the joys of the crazy world of football players and transfers!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:33 am

boyo1927 wrote:http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11781_7012699,00.html

Looks like DG wont hand in a transfer request to push for a deal, this would confirm no deal is agreed. I guess a deal needs to be sorted over the weekend if DG is to fly in on Monday to sign? Not sure why there has to be a delay to Monday. If this is a prime target and Rangers offering improved offers then city need to sort this out today and get the boy down to sign a contract! :roll:

i'd be gutted if we missed out on greatcock........a fans favourite already without even kicking a ball :ayatollah: