Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

The Centre Midfield Problem

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:02 am

So far so good for malky, things seem to be coming together nicely. Conway and Taylor are both fantastic signings especially on frees, and also now having his own back room staff with him is bound to settle and relax him into the job all good news for us. However i feel we really need to strenthen the centre midfield as this was our achillies heel time after time last season and is now even weaker with oli gone and koumas(although he was shit last year). No doubt malky got targets in mind but i aint heard of many being touted about. Are we linked with any names? also who would you like to see come to us in this position? :ayatollah:

Re: The Centre Midfield Problem

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:06 am

a couple of names are mentioned on this forum .......................

with any luck you will again ask who and we will get to see the avatar again :D

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:07 am

id still take koumas back in a heart beat if he is here in time for pre season !!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:09 am

jezzy666 wrote:id still take koumas back in a heart beat if he is here in time for pre season !!

Your not even funny

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:15 am

billy ronson wrote:a couple of names are mentioned on this forum .......................

with any luck you will again ask who and we will get to see the avatar again :D

Who are these names ?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:15 am

Bellamy
Koumas
Olifinjana
Drinkwater
Montgomerie
Bullard
Bowyer
Hoolahan
Lansbury
Gradel
McGugan
Gunnarsson
Ambrose

:ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:18 am

you can add Cowie to that list

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:23 am

Some tidy names there. bullard being the most exciting but would he fit into our new wage structure or would he be on too much

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:25 am

guy moussi

don cowie

aron gunnarson

earnie

bellamy

taylor

goodwillie

JOB DONE :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:33 am

guinness1927 wrote:Some tidy names there. bullard being the most exciting but would he fit into our new wage structure or would he be on too much

More to the point mate.

Players like Gunnarsson and Cowie would run the legs off him nowadays.

Bullard was yesterdays news

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:39 am

taffyapple wrote:
guinness1927 wrote:Some tidy names there. bullard being the most exciting but would he fit into our new wage structure or would he be on too much

More to the point mate.

Players like Gunnarsson and Cowie would run the legs off him nowadays.

Bullard was yesterdays news

Fair point mate. wouldn't mind any of them to be honest . Although i think you'r being slightly unfair saying yesterdays news still hell of a player at this level in my opinion :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:55 am

Don Cowie - Worked with MM and would most probably like to work with him again.

David Jones (Free) - If he decides to play for Wales as Gary Speed has approached him about doing so, maybe he would like to live down here aswell, who knows? Would be a great signing!

Jason Koumas (Free) - He would love to come back here and prove himself and when he's fit we all know how good he is.

Seyi Olifinjana (Free) - He expressed his desire to stay here at the end of last season.

Aron Gunnarsson (Free) - Rumours are that he is one of MM's targets.

Michael Brown (Free) - Although he's getting on now, we may need experienced players like him.

Danny Drinkwater (Loan) - I think he would like to prove how good he is to us, by being given more of a chance, worked with MM last season aswell.

Henri Lansbury (Loan) - Also worked with MM last season, and he is most probably on MM's list of targets and Wenger would probably welcome him coming here to gain experience just like he made Aaron come back.

John Bostock (Loan) - So talented and has been loaned out to gain experience a few times now, worth a go and would be a good signing.

Jonathan Hogg (Loan) - Would be a great signing! Looks so experienced on the pitch and he's still only young.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:04 am

I would add Jack Cork to that list he is an exciting prospect and his old man used to manage us :ayatollah: :ayatollah: