Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Released Player

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:21 pm

Just been informed one of our u14s that was released this year is on his way to chelsesa been offered a 3year deal and all his family are being moved up there and given jobs
what is going on down there 1st the dalley kid to utd now another one to chelsea anyone got any info on this or who he is ?

Re: Released Player

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:31 pm

If true not good ! Should be keeping our quality youngsters !

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:36 pm

It does beg the question..If he's not good enough for us why is he good enough for Chelsea? I'm assuming that we released this kid, or was he tempted away? :?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:40 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:It does beg the question..If he's not good enough for us why is he good enough for Chelsea? I'm assuming that we released this kid, or was he tempted away? :?

He was released told by geraint tooze he wasnt up to standard lol
but 8wks after being released he and his family are snapped up by that tiny club in London its a joke bet chelsea are rubbing there hands im tamping bout this

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Football is very subjective and not all Chelsea players make it.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:52 pm

Well, nobody would really know the story but...

Chelsea can afford to take a punt on a lot of youngsters, even outside hopes. We can't necessarily carry the same number of players. it may be, for example, we'd a number of other good prospects in the same position.

Equally, Ramon Calliste rejected us for Man Utd. Where is he now?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:02 pm

Its not the point that they might have had other good players in the same role we have lost another promising younster to a top prem side lets not kid ourselves these top sides dont sign kids on a wim they watch them many many times
My argument is why are these kids not good anough for us but there more than good anough for the united and the chelsea`s of this work somebody needs to let us know because as we know were not excatly rolling in money these kids are our best hopes for the future some1 needs to be asked these questions :evil:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:04 pm

It's not that big a deal. Didn't Chelsea do a similar thing a few years ago with 2 Leeds' youngsters, then they both turned out to be shit? I'll try and find a source now but I'm 99% certain this is not a big deal.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:20 pm

MyNameIsAled wrote:It's not that big a deal. Didn't Chelsea do a similar thing a few years ago with 2 Leeds' youngsters, then they both turned out to be shit? I'll try and find a source now but I'm 99% certain this is not a big deal.

Think your missing the point mate chelsea poched them kids from leeds then had to pay compo
My point being we released this one for free then he`s snapped up by chelsea

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:23 pm

intheknow wrote:
MyNameIsAled wrote:It's not that big a deal. Didn't Chelsea do a similar thing a few years ago with 2 Leeds' youngsters, then they both turned out to be shit? I'll try and find a source now but I'm 99% certain this is not a big deal.

Think your missing the point mate chelsea poched them kids from leeds then had to pay compo

And those Leeds players turned out to be s***.

Are you suggesting we should, given our finances, take on any and everybody in the hope they may get poached?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:27 pm

nerd wrote:
intheknow wrote:

And those Leeds players turned out to be s***.

Are you suggesting we should, given our finances, take on any and everybody in the hope they may get poached?

What i am saying is the people who are making the decesions on whether to keep them or drop em should be asked the question what the lad didnt have that wsnt anough for cardiff but anough for chelsea

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:36 pm

And no you maniac i wouldnt rather them get poched id rather seem them in the 1st !!!!!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:42 pm

intheknow wrote:What i am saying is the people who are making the decesions on whether to keep them or drop em should be asked the question what the lad didnt have that wsnt anough for cardiff but anough for chelsea

And yet again, Chelsea can take a punt on 100 cheap British kids. If none pan out, it's no big loss. After all, they don't raid Europe at all, do they?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:49 pm

nerd wrote:
intheknow wrote:What i am saying is the people who are making the decesions on whether to keep them or drop em should be asked the question what the lad didnt have that wsnt anough for cardiff but anough for chelsea

And yet again, Chelsea can take a punt on 100 cheap British kids. If none pan out, it's no big loss. After all, they don't raid Europe at all, do they?

Think its more than a punt they have bought the parents a house a car and doubled there wages me thinks there is something more to this

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:36 pm

what if he dont make it what a waste of money when there russian leaves think of the debt :shock: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:19 pm

intheknow wrote:
nerd wrote:

Think its more than a punt they have bought the parents a house a car and doubled there wages me thinks there is something more to this

Rubbish!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:27 pm

Watched him play for wales u14s quality player can'tbelieve he was let go .

Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:23 pm

Do u know the name of the kid mate ?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:54 pm

How many kids are there down there?

Never understand the furore that surrounds the odd kid that gets released and goes somewhere else. That's football.