Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

MM must be given time

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:06 pm

It's a tough job for the new guys in charge. Practically a new squad needed overnight. I'm not sure though that our fans will give him the time he needs. A few odd results and it doesn't much for our lot to lose patience.

I don't think he needs to prove anything for at least a season, maybe two seasons. People are shouting about £20 million, but I don't think that's as much as some think it is, certainly not in this division, especially when you consider wages coming out of that.

If they do push for a place then great but I think it's a lot to ask in the first two seasons. Patience needed me thinks :P :ayatollah:

Re: MM must be given time

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:25 pm

Berwyn wrote:It's a tough job for the new guys in charge. Practically a new squad needed overnight. I'm not sure though that our fans will give him the time he needs. A few odd results and it doesn't much for our lot to lose patience.

I don't think he needs to prove anything for at least a season, maybe two seasons. People are shouting about £20 million, but I don't think that's as much as some think it is, certainly not in this division, especially when you consider wages coming out of that.

If they do push for a place then great but I think it's a lot to ask in the first two seasons. Patience needed me thinks :P :ayatollah:

Dave Jones was given a few seasons before fans got on his back. We watched
the same old same old year after year, players not putting in 100%, players
played out of position, players looking disinterested, players not wanting to
put a foot in where it hurts. No plan B. Its not like Jones 'lost' the fans overnight!!

Malkys team will graft, fight for everything and give it 100%

City fans wont be booing that :ayatollah:

Re: MM must be given time

Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:28 pm

i think we all have high expetations but we are all so happy with the change and new personel we know it could take 2 years and we are all on a high as jones has gone so i think we will give him the support he needs at least i will anyway