Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

It's not a good sign

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:46 pm

MM raiding his old club.( i think is bad news) Watford fell away from the play-off's about a month before Cardiff :oops: . Are these trainers & physio's better than what we already had ? DJ took no notice and didnt listen to them Terry Burton reportedly the best in the buisness. So why dont MM give him a chance ? I'll support MM and all he does but i hope he's not making a big mistake. 10-12 games down the line will he'll be the HERO or a VILLAN :roll:

Re: It's not a good sign

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:53 pm

Not true. He's picking the best of the bunch. It's worthwhile having people in his staff that he has a good working relationship with.

Chris Eagles was excellent for Burnley, and they fell away towards the end, but that doesn't mean that any team that buys him is going to do the same.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:54 pm

Why isn't it a good sign? A Manager always likes to bring his own staff in especially a young manager like Malky people he can trust and get the team playing the way he wants.You made the comment about watford falling away last season we've only taken 1 player from them hardly a raid.Common its a good signing lets all be optimistic about the season ahead not pessimistic before the seasons even begun!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:58 pm

Don Cowie is the only player signed that Mackay has worked with so far isn't he? Taylor would be the second player Mackay has worked with, but the others linked like Goodwillie, Gunnarsson, Earnie etc, plus Conway who he's already signed have never worked with him. If Mackay goes back to sign players he has previously worked with, it's because they are players he can trust, and players who he thinks are good enough to take us up. That's good enough for me, but Mackay is looking around for players everywhere, not just at his old club!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:50 pm

Why is it not a good sign FFS. Another negative post IMO set to unbalance the otherwise positive mood amongst us fans! I post less and less these days because of this type of thread. Some people are never happy! We are Cardiff City we are in the position we are in and I'm supporting our manager and his decisions on players aquisitions 100% and if they were wrong then judge it at the end of the season and not before its started!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:09 pm

I think he's doing the right think in MM we trust ! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:21 pm

sometimes you ve just got to f*cking laugh :lol:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:47 pm

Watford did finish 14th with worst defensive record in league mind....

But he needs people he can trust to hit ground the running and, he is working with better players now and better squad so MM moving up to the next stage in his career

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:24 pm

give the poster some slack. hes only saying what he thinks :roll:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:47 am

The above was only my opinion i dont beleive in old players returning. (as they are never the same player that left or players linking up with old managers favoritism sets in) I will support MM and i'll support the city until i die been there 40years i aint going to change now.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:07 am

daiton wrote:MM raiding his old club.( i think is bad news) Watford fell away from the play-off's about a month before Cardiff :oops: . Are these trainers & physio's better than what we already had ? DJ took no notice and didnt listen to them Terry Burton reportedly the best in the buisness. So why dont MM give him a chance ? I'll support MM and all he does but i hope he's not making a big mistake. 10-12 games down the line will he'll be the HERO or a VILLAN :roll:

Yeh your right. Let's get Dave Jones back while we're
At it. I hate all these massive risks he's taking
:?

Sat Jul 02, 2011 10:13 am

daiton wrote:The above was only my opinion i dont beleive in old players returning. (as they are never the same player that left or players linking up with old managers favoritism sets in) I will support MM and i'll support the city until i die been there 40years i aint going to change now.

hardly an old player and not one that has come back to us either. Well Cowie is a bluebird now, - So if you follow your own advice above, you'll be supporting him all the way. I don't think MM is the type of manager that will keep an underperforming player in the team like our PAST manager did!