Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

How disheartening must it be to be a Watford fan right now?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:12 pm

Malky Mackay - gone!
Danny Graham - gone!
Will Buckley - gone!
Backroom Staff - gone!

And now Don Cowie - joining us with Malky and his backroom staff!

Their club are in freefall and surely they must be favourites for relegation? I feel sorry for their fans, i'm surprised Sordell hasn't been snapped up yet, he'll be the next one to leave them surely, would love us to steal him on the cheap as well!

Re: How disheartening must it be to be a Watford fan right now?

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:28 pm

reading gt on the watford site, and thought much the same id be miffed if it wer cardiff being raided like this.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:31 pm

where's that Watford fan gone who said he'd cost us a few million if he was joining us? :oops: :lol:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:33 pm

It has been us before

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:36 pm

It's an absolute joke.

I could handle losing Graham, Buckley & even Mackay to an extent. But what that lying toad is doing to this club now is pretty disgraceful. The Cowie situation seems to be extremely underhand, we had an option to extend his contract. We exercised that option and the management made a statement to the effect that it was all agreed. Now we find out that it hadn't actually been agreed, and we lose Cowie for nothing? Someone in the management team has lied, and judging from the reaction of GT it certainly wasn't the board.

The whole thing is leaving an incredibly bad taste in the mouth, especially as I don't think Watford FC have done anything to deserve being ripped to bits by someone who we gave him Premier league football , who supported him through his coaching badges, who gave him his first opportunity in management.

Good luck with him, I think you're going to need it.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:43 pm

anotherhornet wrote:It's an absolute joke.

I could handle losing Graham, Buckley & even Mackay to an extent. But what that lying toad is doing to this club now is pretty disgraceful. The Cowie situation seems to be extremely underhand, we had an option to extend his contract. We exercised that option and the management made a statement to the effect that it was all agreed. Now we find out that it hadn't actually been agreed, and we lose Cowie for nothing? Someone in the management team has lied, and judging from the reaction of GT it certainly wasn't the board.

The whole thing is leaving an incredibly bad taste in the mouth, especially as I don't think Watford FC have done anything to deserve being ripped to bits by someone who we gave him Premier league football , who supported him through his coaching badges, who gave him his first opportunity in management.

I do genuinely feel for you mate. It's happened to us before, but not as badly as what's happening with your club right now. Maybe Mackay had a word with Cowie telling him not to sign a new contract while he was still with you? The fact everyone at your club thought he had signed a new contract does sggest something fishy has gone on. Obviously, as a Cardiff fan I am not complaining as Don Cowie on a free is a bargain, but I do feel for you.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:54 pm

What he's doing is unforgiveable in my book. When Brendan Rodgers walked out on us 6 months after taking charge, he came back to get 2 players and was on the verge of signing a 3rd (but he did a u-turn and went to Portsmouth instead). Mackay was ultra critical of Rodgers for doing that. But he's now done far worse.

From what I gather, the fact that Cowie hadn't agreed the extra year has come as a surprise to people at the club as well. We're basically screwed now, we had the smallest & youngest squad on the 2nd smallest budget. Now we're even lighter and will probably lose more players before we get to kick a ball.

I hate football. It's so unfair on fans, we're the ones that feel it the most yet are powerless to do anything about it. Thank god you're not coming to Vicarage Road when the transfer window is open.....

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:54 pm

anotherhornet wrote:It's an absolute joke.

feel sorry for you to be honest mate.something dosent sound right by the way everyone is shocked at watford about the signing.Unfortunately this is football......keep the faith though. as a fan you will always support your club no matter what.be strong and i clap you for your attitude on this forum

Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:58 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Malky Mackay - gone!
Danny Graham - gone!
Will Buckley - gone!
Backroom Staff - gone!

Their club are in freefall and surely they must be favourites for relegation? I feel sorry for their fans, i'm surprised Sordell hasn't been snapped up yet, he'll be the next one to leave them surely, would love us to steal him on the cheap as well!

ive just been reading there messageboard.. They are devasteded and quite angry at whats going on by what ive read.. Cant blame them tbf

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:02 pm

Sorry but i don't feel sorry for Watford 1 bit its happened to us for years its football mate get over it :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:30 pm

anotherhornet wrote:What he's doing is unforgiveable in my book. When Brendan Rodgers walked out on us 6 months after taking charge, he came back to get 2 players and was on the verge of signing a 3rd (but he did a u-turn and went to Portsmouth instead). Mackay was ultra critical of Rodgers for doing that. But he's now done far worse.

From what I gather, the fact that Cowie hadn't agreed the extra year has come as a surprise to people at the club as well. We're basically screwed now, we had the smallest & youngest squad on the 2nd smallest budget. Now we're even lighter and will probably lose more players before we get to kick a ball.

I hate football. It's so unfair on fans, we're the ones that feel it the most yet are powerless to do anything about it. Thank god you're not coming to Vicarage Road when the transfer window is open.....

I know you are feeling bitter and angry by the events over the last week or so but come tomorrow, in the cold light of day things might look a wee bit different, ok it wont change whats happened but to be fair when a manager leaves for another club, nine times out of ten he will take his back room staff with him and he usually takes, or tries to take one of the better players as well, there well might be something not quite right about cowies contract extension but that apart most of what has gone on happens with all new manager appointments. I do feel for you as genuine supporter because we,ve been raped of players in a similar fashion before, i can,t hide the fact that i am delighted with the signing of cowie but i do hope you and your club have a successful season!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:32 pm

Tonteg Bluebird wrote:Malky Mackay - gone!
Danny Graham - gone!
Will Buckley - gone!
Backroom Staff - gone!

I would feel sick, If I was them.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:39 pm

malky was only doing his job for his new club,fair enough it may be a bit unfair on watford but his loyalties lie wth cardiff now and he s gone for a player that he thinks will do a job for us :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:40 pm

Thats what i was thinking earlier, they look fucked next season. Good luck to them :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:41 pm

yes I remember when we first lost Kav on Black Friday then in the summer Jobi,Ginge,Gabbidon,Thorney,etc - we just seemed to be in freefall but to be fair to DJ he kept us up!

Also Jody Morris, Marcus Bent "signings", Kris Boyd coming then not coming

Still could be an interesting atmosphere at Vicarage road on Boxing Day :!:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:51 pm

Heard gavin rae is on a free might want to look at him, enquire about naylor too you can have him !

On a serious note, I do sympathise for you Watford fans but I wouldn't point fingers yet something seems to have gone on behind the scenes that has not been let out ? Keep the faith Watford and good luck next season ! (Don't mean that sarcastic either)

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:01 pm

Whilst i feel for the fans of Watford, watching their team being ripped apart. I also have a selfish attitude in that what ever it takes makes us prosper, im all for it...
Malky is showing is ruthless side, which is great for us, Butttttttttt...when he leaves, and one day he will....his loyalty to me is already in question, will he rape us too,,, no- brainer really...i back him 1000% :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:12 pm

At the end of the day, the player was out of contract. There is no saying that if cardiff had not come in for him that he would have signed a new contract straight away with watford. He could have hung around and waited for offers. MM would then have felt like a fool for not approaching him. This is not to say that I dont feel sorry for the watford supporters because I do.
On too many occassions I have realised that football is a cruel game!