Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

First Pics from training

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:44 pm

The first photos from pre-season training have gone up on facebook, but there are several guys on there I don't recognise - can anyone give me a hand?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

Don't recognise the guys in photos 2, 19, 58 (far left), 60/62

Cheers!

Re: First Pics from training

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:49 pm

Photo 2 is Dekel Keinan ? (on my iPhone at mo)

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:51 pm

Merlin wrote:Photo 2 is Dekel Keinan ? (on my iPhone at mo)

Think you're probably right, just looks a bit different to how I remember.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:51 pm

Photo 2 is Marshall...I Think :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:53 pm

2 is david marshall

19 is wildig

not sure bout the others

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:54 pm

uhhhhh so much for my intel informing me Parkin had lost some weight! he looks like he has eaten a small child!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Rhondda Bluebird wrote:Photo 2 is Marshall...I Think :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Aha, now that's a better match!

It's sad that the only keeper we had last season that I'd recognise in the street is Bywater!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:58 pm

Looking at those photos makes me more confident about next season-Mackay looks like he respects the players and vice versa. DJ was always aloof with the players.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:58 pm

Photo 19 is Wildig, 60 is Meades :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:59 pm

MM - I'm not an expert in body language but I think the crossed arms look is a defensive one...

Quote:

Crossed arms may thus indicate anxiety which is either driven by a lack of trust in the other person

Crossed arms is a very obvious signal and if you do it in front of other people they will likely feel rejected and respond accordingly

Forget the posznan thingy we'll all just cross our arms.

Jimbo27 wrote:uhhhhh so much for my intel informing me Parkin had lost some weight! he looks like he has eaten a small child!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Jimbo27 wrote:uhhhhh so much for my intel informing me Parkin had lost some weight! he looks like he has eaten a small child!

Would love to see the shot of him getting the fat pincher treatment!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:00 pm

i was thinking a small buffalo!! but he was running? bit like dangling a carrot really but more likely aaron wildig with a hog roast strapped to his backside!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Einstein wrote:MM - I'm not an expert in body language but I think the crossed arms look is a defensive one...

Quote:

Crossed arms may thus indicate anxiety which is either driven by a lack of trust in the other person

Crossed arms is a very obvious signal and if you do it in front of other people they will likely feel rejected and respond accordingly

If it was a video of him with his arms crossed the whole time then it might mean something, but a photo only captures one moment in time. I think it's just a ponderous look - probably a good sign!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:02 pm

to be honest what is Parkin thinking reporting to pre season training, with a new manager to impress, in that shape!!!! I know he will always carry some timber but that is ridiculous! Hopefully Malky will have him running laps until he pukes!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:05 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:to be honest what is Parkin thinking reporting to pre season training, with a new manager to impress, in that shape!!!! I know he will always carry some timber but that is ridiculous! Hopefully Malky will have him running laps until he pukes!

It's not always about weight. If you'll excuse me talking about rugby for a second, when Wales won the slam in 05, Gethin Jenkins (prop) was an absolute beast, but technically the fittest player on the team (and it was a GOOD team!).

If Parkin's partnered with someone speedy then all we need to worry about is how well he can strike the ball.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:06 pm

Baarmy_Bluebird wrote:
Einstein wrote:MM - I'm not an expert in body language but I think the crossed arms look is a defensive one...

Quote:

If it was a video of him with his arms crossed the whole time then it might mean something, but a photo only captures one moment in time. I think it's just a ponderous look - probably a good sign!

I wasn't hinting our season was doomed because he looked worried :lol:

Put count how many of the photos have crossed arms as everyone sizes each other up!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Number 4 is meades not 60

60 is santiago?
Last edited by bluebirdlewis on Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:08 pm

Interesting, no Naylor or Gypes in snaps, hopefully there off to find new clubs.

And was Malky in any pics without his arms folded :D

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:10 pm

Carl told us Parkin has dropped a waist size, christ how big was he before!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:11 pm

Th@Und@D@wg wrote:Interesting, no Naylor or Gypes in snaps, hopefully there off to find new clubs.

Means nothing. No Hudson and he's was def there

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:11 pm

BlueView wrote:Carl told us Parkin has dropped a waist size, christ how big was he before!

Remmeber the camera adds 5 stone :D

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:12 pm

BlueView wrote:Carl told us Parkin has dropped a waist size, christ how big was he before!

to defend Carl it was my intel which led him to believe that this was the case. The intel came from a good source, and maybe at the time he had lost weight, but he's certainly got his money at the pizza hut buffet since!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:12 pm

bluebirdlewis wrote:
Th@Und@D@wg wrote:Interesting, no Naylor or Gypes in snaps, hopefully there off to find new clubs.

Means nothing. No Hudson and he's was def there

:(

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:13 pm

Can't recall seeing Husdon, Quinn or Heaton either, doesn't mean they weren't there.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:15 pm

Baarmy_Bluebird wrote:

Can't recall seeing Husdon, Quinn or Heaton either, doesn't mean they weren't there.

I know, thats why i only said "hopefully"

i was being optimistic for once ;)

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:17 pm

Parkin needs a shave, can't tell if he's fat or just has a really long face.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:34 pm

Could be worse at least his hands werent in his pockets!

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:36 pm

Daniel_PT_blues wrote:

Could be worse at least his hands werent in his pockets!

:lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Baarmy_Bluebird wrote:The first photos from pre-season training have gone up on facebook, but there are several guys on there I don't recognise - can anyone give me a hand?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid= ... =1&theater

Don't recognise the guys in photos 2, 19, 58 (far left), 60/62

Cheers!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: