Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Where Did DJ And His Big Players/Salaries Get Us ? "

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:32 pm

Ok, it got us to the Play Offs. On paper we should have absolutley walked that league last year.

Just goes to show, it doesnt always mean promotion when you have a big squad with big bank accounts. Prime example, Norwich, not many players in that team were branded as stars. And they weren't hot favourites for promotion.

We had huge names in Bothroyd, Burke, Chopra, Bellamy, and a premier league rated Jay Emmanuel Thomas. Just to name a few.

In my opinion we had too many individuals that were just playing for game time. Again in my opinion those players weren't 100% committed (with the exeption of Burke,Bellamy, undoubtedly Super Kev and maybe 1 or 2 others)

I think it was pretty obvious that SOME wern't committed with the whole drinking night before the game thing. This to me proves that there was no discipline there whatsoever. This can only come down on DJ surely ?

BUT all that aside,

Some fantastic signings are coming in and already Malky is proving that he means business.I think i speak on behalf of the Cardiff City fanbase in saying that Malky is certaintly impressing.

We now have players who belong to US and ones that are willing to fight for the title, along with a young passionate manager who is also ready for the fight.

We HAVE to stick with the players and manager throughout ! I can see it now, if we lost our first game "Malky tactically retarded" "Malky's useless" "No fight in the team" Etc Etc posts on here.

We must stick with them and GIVE THEM TIME.

Very Very exciting times for Cardiff City. COULD THIS BE OUR TIME ?

:ayatollah:

Re: " Where Did DJ And His Big Players/Salaries Get Us ? "

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:37 pm

Ben Great post, Blackpool,Hull,Watford,Burnley,Jacks etc etc have all gone up through the years without signing a load of Big name players. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I AM EXCITED BY THE TOTALLY DIFFERENT APPROACH IN MANAGEMENT By MACKAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:40 pm

BEN FOR PRESIDENT! BENNO,BENNO,BENNO!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:42 pm

Good post mate

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:43 pm

i think it just created more debt and players just after money with no PASHUN lets hope our new players want to play cardiff city :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:45 pm

ANDYBLUE wrote:i think it just created more debt and players just after money with no PASHUN lets hope our new players want to play cardiff city :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Like i said, i reckon the loan players were just playing for game time.

except Bellamy :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:47 pm

Bledd10 wrote:BEN FOR PRESIDENT! BENNO,BENNO,BENNO!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Bledd :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:49 pm

bleed_blue wrote:
Bledd10 wrote:BEN FOR PRESIDENT! BENNO,BENNO,BENNO!!!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cheers Bledd :ayatollah:

DO THE AYATOLLAH IF YOU LOVE DJ BENNO, BENNO, BENNO, BENNO, BENNO
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:55 pm

Great post and spoke from the heart :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:57 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Great post and spoke from the heart :ayatollah:

:ayatollah:

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:13 pm

It is a refreshing change at the moment to what we suffered under DJ. At the time not many of us realised it but DJs policy of bringing in big names just simple did not work. His ways were outdated and a younger manager with half a decent team could overcome us.

We are definately going another way with MM. We are seeing different type players coming into the club and we are expecting a different style of play. I'm not getting carried away yet but I am looking forward to the new season. I'll give you my impressions after 10 games though.

Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:42 pm

Malky McKay will be as famous with this club as Scouler was in the 60,s and 70.s.
Go get em Malky....Bellamy,Rambo and Collison.....that would be good aye.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:22 pm

bleed_blue FTW! :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:15 pm

the players we are bringing in all are sighing becauce the want to play for mm that has to be a good sighn :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:41 am

I am just so Glad to see the BACK OF DAVE JONES, THE GLOOM AROUND THE CLUB and WITH THE FANS HAS BEEN TOTALLY LIFTED, Now we need to get ccmb TO CHEER UP :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:45 am

It will be a different atmosphere on a match day as well. Last year was very dull on occasions.

As bledd_blue said we need to give Mackay time, he will come good and you can see his thinking in the players he is buying.

Would have it been interesting to see Malky manage the squad of players we had last season?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:48 am

SA17 Bluebird wrote:It will be a different atmosphere on a match day as well. Last year was very dull on occasions.

As bledd_blue said we need to give Mackay time, he will come good and you can see his thinking in the players he is buying.

Would have it been interesting to see Malky manage the squad of players we had last season?

I could not agree more, I already can feel the atmosphere will be a lot better and YES DEF, WE HAVE TO GIVE MALKY TIME and OUR FULL SUPPORT :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:25 pm

bleed_blue is my hero! :ayatollah: