Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

An Encouraging Day for the Supporters' Trust

Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:21 am

Around forty new members signed up with the Cardiff City Supporters' Trust before yesterday's game. That's easily the biggest number of new members in one day since the initial launch event in September 2008.

If you were one of the fans who signed up yesterday or if you submitted an application by post last week, then many thanks for your support. It is very much appreciated by the Trust's board. Your membership packs should be with you by the end of this week (all being well, they will be processed on Tuesday evening and sent on Wednesday morning).

Provided all the members who are due to renew in the near future do so (and that includes you, Mr Abraham), then Trust membership will stand at around the 725 mark by the end of the week. An online membership option should be available very soon, which will hopefully provide another boost to membership numbers.

www.ccfctrust.org

Re: An Encouraging Day for the Supporters' Trust

Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:23 am

The Lone Gunman wrote:Around forty new members signed up with the Cardiff City Supporters' Trust before yesterday's game. That's easily the biggest number of new members in one day since the initial launch event in September 2008.

If you were one of the fans who signed up yesterday or if you submitted an application by post last week, then many thanks for your support. It is very much appreciated by the Trust's board. Your membership packs should be with you by the end of this week (all being well, they will be processed on Tuesday evening and sent on Wednesday morning).

Provided all the members who are due to renew in the near future do so (and that includes you, Mr Abraham), then Trust membership will stand at around the 725 mark by the end of the week. An online membership option should be available very soon, which will hopefully provide another boost to membership numbers.

http://www.ccfctrust.org

Great news.

And for all those who havent joined yet, now its more important than ever to show that we as fans are together as 1. If you want to have a say at the EGM, then join the trust and then put your point to the trust board to be raised at the meeting.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:41 am

I saw Trust members handing out leaflets around the ground yesterday which was a first. I'm really glad fans are coming forward to join and more numbers makes our voice stronger.

BTW really enjoyed the quiz night organised by the Trust on Friday.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:46 am

Tony Blue Williams wrote:BTW really enjoyed the quiz night organised by the Trust on Friday.

I heard it was a good night.

Meanwhile, as the rest of the Trust board were out drinking beer and having a laugh, I was sat in my flat sending out e-mails to members and General Meeting notices to shareholders.....

:cry: :lol:

Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:59 pm

it was becasue you were sat at home that everyone was having a laugh to be honest

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:01 pm

I was handing out Trust leaflets in the family stand yesterday even though I am not a trust member but that will change on monday :ayatollah:

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:03 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:Around forty new members signed up with the Cardiff City Supporters' Trust before yesterday's game. That's easily the biggest number of new members in one day since the initial launch event in September 2008.

TLG why are you not staying as spokesman?

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:03 pm

Glad to hear it; hopefully the Trust's numbers will breach the 1,000 mark soon enough :ayatollah:

Sludge wrote:it was becasue you were sat at home that everyone was having a laugh to be honest

:lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:15 pm

maccydee wrote:TLG why are you not staying as spokesman?

We don't have a spokesman as such. Different board members talk to the press about different issues.

My main job at the moment is membership secretary, but I also fill a number of other roles. Our AGM is in April (I think). My intention is to either step down as membership secretary, step down as a board member or both, provided suitable people come forward to fill the roles I'm intending to vacate. If they do, then I will continue to work for the Trust in various capacities, but I wouldn't be so heavily involved. However, if nobody does come forward then I will continue as we've all put in far too much hard work to let this thing go belly-up.

In my personal case, my intention was to help get the Trust up and running and then step back and let people who are better qualified and more suitable than me take things forward. That hasn't really been possible yet but I'm hoping it will be soon as more people come to learn what the Trust is about and get actively involved.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:23 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
maccydee wrote:TLG why are you not staying as spokesman?

We don't have a spokesman as such. Different board members talk to the press about different issues.

My main job at the moment is membership secretary, but I also fill a number of other roles. Our AGM is in April (I think). My intention is to either step down as membership secretary, step down as a board member or both, provided suitable people come forward to fill the roles I'm intending to vacate. If they do, then I will continue to work for the Trust in various capacities, but I wouldn't be so heavily involved. However, if nobody does come forward then I will continue as we've all put in far too much hard work to let this thing go belly-up.

In my personal case, my intention was to help get the Trust up and running and then step back and let people who are better qualified and more suitable than me take things forward. That hasn't really been possible yet but I'm hoping it will be soon as more people come to learn what the Trust is about and get actively involved.

I'm signing up to the trust and I would rather you were heavily involved as you are now.

You are doing a grand job.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:28 pm

I don't have a printer.

Any other way I can sign up?

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:33 pm

maccydee wrote:I'm signing up to the trust and I would rather you were heavily involved as you are now.

Many thanks for the vote of confidence.

Although raising awareness about the Trust has been a slow process and membership numbers have been a little disappointing, we are nevertheless pretty proud of the work that we've done so far. The idea from day one has been to get as many fans as possible actively involved in running the Trust and to get those fans who are best qualified to serve on the board. It's all about pooling the huge amount of knowledge and expertise that we have amongst our fanbase and making it work for the supporters.

As time progresses, I'm sure people who are far better qualified and more suitable than me will step forward to represent the members - I hope so anyway! But, nevertheless, there will always be work that people like me and, indeed, anyone who joins the Trust can do for the organisation.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:34 pm

maccydee wrote:I don't have a printer.

Any other way I can sign up?

Drop me a PM with your name and postal address and I'll get the forms in the post to you today.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:39 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:
maccydee wrote:I'm signing up to the trust and I would rather you were heavily involved as you are now.

Many thanks for the vote of confidence.

Although raising awareness about the Trust has been a slow process and membership numbers have been a little disappointing, we are nevertheless pretty proud of the work that we've done so far. The idea from day one has been to get as many fans as possible actively involved in running the Trust and to get those fans who are best qualified to serve on the board. It's all about pooling the huge amount of knowledge and expertise that we have amongst our fanbase and making it work for the supporters.

As time progresses, I'm sure people who are far better qualified and more suitable than me will step forward to represent the members - I hope so anyway! But, nevertheless, there will always be work that people like me and, indeed, anyone who joins the Trust can do for the organisation.

Should all be very proud.

The trust was mentioned on Ceefax the other day. That is exactly what is needed.

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:26 pm

This is very good news.

Hopefully the benefits of a strong Trust will be clear to the majority of our fans by now.

As regards cost, I spent the equivalent of a Phil Dwyer membership just going to one game and having a few refreshments at the stadium yesterday. CCST membership is money very well spent in my book!

Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:54 pm

In true Annis style ..... :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:55 pm

The Lone Gunman wrote:In true Annis style ..... :ayatollah:

:lol:

Thanks TLG, We need to be all together as Fans, See you tonight :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:22 pm

Sludge wrote:it was becasue you were sat at home that everyone was having a laugh to be honest

:lol: :lol: :lol: That tickled me.

Jokes aside,people like TLG,old man corky and the rest of the trust board are doing a great job.They put a lot of time and hard work in that doesnt get recognised.Just think how much we have all saved collectively on food,pints,0%finance etc.All mainly down to the the hard work the Trust have put in.

There was someone on the CCMB the other day ranting and raving about the Ridsdale situation,yet he refused to join the Trust.Well things are not like they used to be.Gone are the days where you storm into boardrooms(unless you want to get banged up),so the Trust is the way forward.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:43 pm

:ayatollah:

very good meeting tonight

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:45 pm

And what was resolved Sludgy boy?....... a meeting for a meeting? or direct action?

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:01 pm

join up and you can find out

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:08 pm

Sludge wrote:join up and you can find out

very glad that I did :ayatollah:

Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:12 pm

Sludge wrote:join up and you can find out

Nah... never been a union type..... just concentrate on the footbal.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:30 pm

I am only kidding Corky, great respect for you mate. :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:35 pm

if we submitted saturday will we get our pack this week? :ayatollah: