Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

ive been told our goalkeeping coachhas gone to west ham

Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:27 pm

did not have a problem with the new manager it was with gethin jenkins gone to west ham doubled his money did not get on with jenkins told him he wasnt having a pay rise again tis year

Re: ive been told our goalkeeping coachhas gone to west ham

Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:32 pm

Well, if true, least we know that against Wes Htam their keeper will repeatedly kick the ball out of play and be dodgy on crosses...

Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:35 pm

nerd wrote:Well, if true, least we know that against Wes Htam their keeper will repeatedly kick the ball out of play and be dodgy on crosses...

:lol:

Sad but true !

Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:44 pm

Please please please let this be true!

Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:50 pm

I assume your talking about Martin Margetson? Martin has his own building company in S Wales , would be a suprise if he went there.

Sat Jul 02, 2011 8:17 pm

I hope its true I've never seen so many of our keepers kicking the ball directly into touch from a goal kick> Has anyone else notice this!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:01 am

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:I hope its true I've never seen so many of our keepers kicking the ball directly into touch from a goal kick> Has anyone else notice this!!!!!!!!

that isnt really the gk goaches fault, its poor decision making from the keeper. you see it in the prem, la liga, seria a, bundesliga and it was done during the world cup aswell. GK goaches cant teach mentality, Bywater is a sterling example of that (in the sense that no GK coach/manager/human being could EVER make him stop being shit)

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:03 am

Trololol wrote:
bethanmattsgrampy wrote:I hope its true I've never seen so many of our keepers kicking the ball directly into touch from a goal kick> Has anyone else notice this!!!!!!!!

that isnt really the gk goaches fault, its poor decision making from the keeper. you see it in the prem, la liga, seria a, bundesliga and it was done during the world cup aswell. GK goaches cant teach mentality, Bywater is a sterling example of that (in the sense that no GK coach/manager/human being could EVER make him stop being shit)

So what is Margetson's responsibility?

Virtually all keepers Margetson has worked with at the club - and that's a lot - have generally had 2 flaws - distribution and dealing with crosses.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:20 am

nerd wrote:
Trololol wrote:

So what is Margetson's responsibility?

Virtually all keepers Margetson has worked with at the club - and that's a lot - have generally had 2 flaws - distribution and dealing with crosses.

his main responsibility ill admit is to teach kicking and to teach them the basics like improve reactions and to work to the keepers strengths. I was responding to the comment that all they do is kick the ball into touch, thats usually down to poor decision making (Keepers thinking the best thing to do is to lump the ball to the wing where burke is as he had alot of space rather than kicking down the middle for bothroyd to get on the end of).

Heaton isnt as bad as marshal from dealing with crosses and his distribution is on and off, when he came to us the first time around he would over hit the ball alot, i would often think he would end up scoring from a goal kick with how far he lumped it! :lol:

Heatons strength is his reactions and his command of the area so Margetson works on that less and works on his coming from corners and his distribution. Heaton is getting better for distribution, but he does have mentality problems where he picks the wrong thing to do (all of us screaming to throw the ball to an open burke or bellamy so they can run it down the wings whereas he decides to keep hold of the ball)

Marhshalls strength is his reactions, but his decisions are always a little off, hes not confident in himself to come from a corner to punch the ball so he stays on the line as he feels hes got a better chance of stopping a goal from happening if he lets the defenders keep the ball out, but that doesnt always play out unfortunatly :(

I'll admit, Margetson isnt exactly the Jose Mouriniho of GK coaches :lol:
But you cant blame him entirely on keepers making poor decisions :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:18 pm

Going to need one hell of a goalkeepers coach to stop Robert Green dropping footballs.