Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

a new signing?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 3:13 am

Has anyone heard of a Sloan Privat is being chased by us.He is a 20 year old striker currently playing in France and is a prolific goalscorer.
This info has not been read ,it has been told to me by two different people who are never wrong.

Re: a new signing?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:08 am

Sloan Privat (born 24 July 1989 in Cayenne, French Guiana) is a French football player who currently plays for French club Clermont Foot on loan from FC Sochaux-Montbéliard in Ligue 2.

[edit] CareerPrivat began his career with FC Marmandais. In 2002, he attracted interest from professional club Sochaux. In 2005, the interest became concrete with the club offering him an aspirant (youth) contract. Privat arrived at the club's aspiring youth academy amongst a host of other youth talent. In 2007, he played on the Sochaux under-19 team, alongside Frédéric Duplus, Geoffrey Tulasne, and Vincent Nogueira, that won the Coupe Gambardella. On 22 September 2007, Privat made his professional debut in a 1–0 defeat to Bordeaux coming on as a late match substitute.[1] The cameo appearance was his only one of the 2007–08 season.

For the 2008–09 season, Privat was given the first-team number 15 shirt. He made his first career start on 14 September 2008 against Lille. In the match, Privat scored his first goal for the club giving the team a 1–0 lead, however the match would end in a 1–1 draw.[2] Privat signed his first professional contract on 12 December. His contract runs until 2012.[3]

On 4 August 2010, Privat was loaned to Ligue 2 club Clermont Foot for the entire 2010–11 Ligue 2 season. His arrival paid immediate dividends with the player a team-high netting ten league goals in the first half of the campaign.

I guess this is who you mean he is 6ft 1".
cheers :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:23 am

HE is looking for a new club

Sloan Privat (Clermont)

Although pipped to 2nd place on the final day Privat makes the team due to the high quality of goals scored by the on loan Sochaux man. The pacy front man also has decisions to make in the summer after announcing he does not want a return to Sochaux, a host of Ligue 2 sides will no doubt want him in their ranks.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:32 am

GARYNZ wrote:Has anyone heard of a Sloan Privat is being chased by us.He is a 20 year old striker currently playing in France and is a prolific goalscorer.
This info has not been read ,it has been told to me by two different people who are never wrong.

His name was mentioned on the other board about ten days ago - Hull are supposed to be after him as well.

He's played, and scored for, France Under 21's and scored around twenty goals in France's Second division last season;

http://www.imscouting.com/global-news-a ... deo/13032/

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:54 am

hes like bothroyd but he actually runs!
sign him up!
:ayatollah:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:59 am

it would be interesting to see a few clips or hear a bit more on him

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:23 am

jezzy666 wrote:it would be interesting to see a few clips or hear a bit more on him

There's a video clip of some of his goals in my post above.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:27 am

the other Bob Wilson wrote:
jezzy666 wrote:it would be interesting to see a few clips or hear a bit more on him

There's a video clip of some of his goals in my post above.

Cheers, He looks good :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:38 am

The only problem being is everyone got his name wrong.It must have been Rudy Gestede?