Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

This Bellamy to Celtic story

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:56 pm

Given that Craig said he'll either be at Man City or Cardiff City this coming season, how would people now feel about him ending up elsewhere?

Given that players who wouldn't commit take dogs abuse, just interested to hear opinions.

Re: This Bellamy to Celtic story

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:57 pm

He will go to CELTIC Paul, I am certain of that.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:57 pm

PtB wrote:Given that Craig said he'll either be at Man City or Cardiff City this coming season, how would people now feel about him ending up elsewhere?

Given that players who wouldn't commit take dogs abuse, just interested to hear opinions.

there is no way he/we have exhausted every avenue to bring him back.......stinks if you ask me! :evil:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:58 pm

would not want to see him in Man citys reserves, cant blame him if true

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:58 pm

Its difficult, I can never have any bad feeling towards Bellamy. He's comfortably my favourite player of all time. I'd be heartbroken if he signed for anyone else, I desperately want to see him play for us again. But he's got to do what he's got to do now - he gave us a year of his life - can't ask for more than that.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:59 pm

carlccfc wrote:He will go to CELTIC Paul, I am certain of that.

Disappointed to hear that Carl, but feel more let down given what he said at the tail end of last season. Just wondering how others felt.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:00 pm

i feel letdown aswell to be honest

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:01 pm

Let him play for Celtic for a year, then we'll have him back on a free! He'll probably still have a couple of good years in him!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:03 pm

He shouldn't have said what he did then?

If it was anyone else this forum would be spitting blood.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:04 pm

dont know why he said what he did, harsh for Cardiff fans, he should of said nothing
but if he goes to Celtic then surely he come to us the following year-thats if he is fit enough for the Premiership then

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:06 pm

maybe we can't afford to put all eggs in one basket.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:08 pm

PtB wrote:He shouldn't have said what he did then?

Paul I am not suggesting that MM does not want Bells but in fairness Bells made his comments when there was a different manager and regime here. And he said he would play for free but obviously that depends on City and Man City coming to an agreement to settle his contract. Always was going to be difficult.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:11 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Paul I am not suggesting that MM does not want Bells but in fairness Bells made his comments when there was a different manager and regime here. And he said he would play for free but obviously that depends on City and Man City coming to an agreement to settle his contract. Always was going to be difficult.

Did we offer Man City £3 million for him then? and offer him personally £30K per week?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:12 pm

Sorry but if bellers gose there after all hes said he can do one

obviously ill get stick for that lol

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:12 pm

carlccfc wrote:

All points taken on board mate, but he still shouldn't be saying things like that unless it's concrete. I will feel very let down if he turns out for Celtic or anyone else other than us or Manchester City unless I hear from CCFC saying that they decided to pursue other options or that Man City sell him.

If it is the case then he's lucky Celtic are at Pittodrie while I'll be at Upton Park!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:15 pm

PtB wrote:Given that Craig said he'll either be at Man City or Cardiff City this coming season, how would people now feel about him ending up elsewhere?

IF the above is true - my questions would be asked to the club...What did they do to try and get Bellers back,or did the club not want him back :?:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:18 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

IF the above is true - my questions would be asked to the club...What did they do to try and get Bellers back,or did the club not want him back :?:

but does mm want him ? as we all no of bellers spoke more than dave on times....... maybe mm does not want that.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Gutted !

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:38 pm

Bellamy will be with us next season.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:48 pm

I will be disappointed if he does go to Celtic. If he hadn't have said that he would be with this club next season regardless of what division we're in....I wouldn't be so disappointed.

But he's made a promise and it appears he's going to break that promise. Still, even if he goes to them hooped bastards....I won't be fickle and call him all the names under the sun. He is and always will be, a Cardiff legend :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:51 pm

PhatFrog wrote:I will be disappointed if he does go to Celtic. If he hadn't have said that he would be with this club next season regardless of what division we're in....I wouldn't be so disappointed.

But he's made a promise and it appears he's going to break that promise. Still, even if he goes to them hooped bastards....I won't be fickle and call him all the names under the sun. He is and always will be, a Cardiff legend :ayatollah:

you love celtic really :D

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:56 pm

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
PhatFrog wrote:I will be disappointed if he does go to Celtic. If he hadn't have said that he would be with this club next season regardless of what division we're in....I wouldn't be so disappointed.

:puke: :thebirdman:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:57 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

:lol: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:23 pm

PhatFrog wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:

:lol:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:20 pm

If he returns to us, great, he will be welcomed back with open arms, if he doesn't, I won't lose sleep over it, plenty of players out there, I'm happy to leave Mackay to build his team.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:22 pm

Fiiiieeellldss of athenry :lol:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:27 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Exactly, there is only so much he can do. I can't imagine MM not wanting him back but if you look at this league last few seasons.

Taarat
Adam
Sinclair

All young players that were the x-factor. The days of Merson coming down a league to win promotion appear over due to the higher quality of the league (Something DJ never noticed). If MM thinks Goodwillie can come here and explode the league whilst creating depth using the "Bellamy funds" then i'll wait a season for Craig. :ayatollah: