Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

TURN TO ROUTLEDGE?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:35 pm

With the possibility of no Bellamy running down one of the flanks we need some one quick with good feet to replace him.

Wayne Routledge fits the bill.

Not wanted by Newcastle, no deal with QPR.

Re: TURN TO ROUTLEDGE?

SA17 Bluebird wrote:With the possibility of no Bellamy running down one of the flanks we need some one quick with good feet to replace him.

only problem with that boi is his wages ..................

No thanks hes a tw*t

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:36 pm

They'll probably want at least 1.5 million for him mind. Can we afford to fork that out if we're signing Goodwillie for over 2 million as well? I would love Routledge here, but whether we can afford him is another thing.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:37 pm

bluebirds23 wrote:
SA17 Bluebird wrote:With the possibility of no Bellamy running down one of the flanks we need some one quick with good feet to replace him.

only problem with that boi is his wages ..................

He wouldn't be on anywhere near what we would have paid for Bellers.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:37 pm

earniebluemark2 wrote:No thanks hes a tw*t

To be honest I would love us to have a team of twats as long as they do the biz on the pitch.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:38 pm

Chris Eagles.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:39 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:Chris Eagles.

thats a good shout forgot about him

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:41 pm

Someone with electric pace that can frighten defences.

I hate to use this comparison but a similar player to Nathan Dyer would be ideal as he is a right handful.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Routledge would be ideal. But doubt if we would splash money on him. Season long loan anyone :D :lol:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:21 pm

Half of our team were TWATS last season and look what happened we need to steer clear of this tw*t

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:25 pm

Fantastic palyer. If we had signed him when he was on loan here we would have been in the premiership. He can beat players for pace easily and he can score goals. City did not want to pay his wages last time and thats why he did not stay. I don't think he would want to come to Cardiff anyway. :old:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:28 pm

Why on earth would Wayne want to come here after all the abuse we have gave him everytime he has played down here....it the same for Jay now after he has decided to leave us.....anything can happen in football as Jay might have a change of heart and decide he wants to stay with us.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:33 pm

The fore mentioned is now a Newcastle player, or about to be.... :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:25 pm

no harm enquiring !

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:30 pm

good shout i would love him to come here, the best replacement for bellamy we could get!!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:06 pm

i would also like to like to look for gems in other countrys. keep all doors open

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:05 pm

supercoops wrote:The fore mentioned is now a Newcastle player, or about to be.... :ayatollah:

Was always a Newcastle player, was on loan at QPR from Newcastle...

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:06 pm

Also on the latest sky story on their website it says "routledge still has future at Newcastle!"

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:07 pm

ROB CCFC wrote:i would also like to like to look for gems in other countrys. keep all doors open

agreed. :ayatollah: look for a couple of german midfielders as they dont mess round. and take couple of wingers from france they always seem to run :ayatollah:
just realised as i typed that it sounded like a joke :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:00 pm

Language may cause problems then. :roll:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:05 pm

I'd rather Hal Robson-Kanu who's out of contract at Reading, although I think they may have already offered him a new deal. He's capable of playing either wing and could interchange with Craig Conway, that is if Whitts moves on this summer. John Oster's name has also been mentioned on another thread, think his best days are long gone now though. What about Darren Ambrose at Palace, quick and skillful but would probably cost us around £1m-£1.5m?
:ayatollah: :)

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:09 pm

Routledge is quality. If he is a possibility we have to get him but I just can't see it myself.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:37 am

Kanu and ambrose good shouts !

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:15 am

RyanYdwI wrote:Kanu and ambrose good shouts !

:) :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:31 pm

Im Mackay's new Head Scout!

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=53093

:lol: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:27 am

Good call !

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:47 am

I would love to see Routledge back at the club and to be honest another candadate id chase if i was City is Chris Eagles. :ayatollah: