Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

A FEW BELLAMY QUESTIONS IF I MAY?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:36 pm

Why was Bellamy apparently having all these meetings with the malaysians at the end of last season?

And can some one remind me again why Alan Shearer didn't get the Cardiff job? Was that something to do with Bellamy?

(if anyone knows the answers?)

Re: A FEW BELLAMY QUESTIONS IF I MAY?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:39 pm

Merlin wrote:Why was Bellamy apparently having all these meetings with the malaysians at the end of last season?

And can some one remind me again why Alan Shearer didn't get the Cardiff job? Was that something to do with Bellamy?

Merlin these are the same questions i would like to be answered :ayatollah: Been thinking the same snice news broke out about Celtic - late Weds night.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Merlin wrote:Why was Bellamy apparently having all these meetings with the malaysians at the end of last season?

spot on! My personal feeling is that the Malaysians will buy Bellamy, use him as an asset on and off the pitch for making money, while keeping the fans and Bellamy happy, works well for everyone! Captain Bellers leading us to the Prem :ayatollah:

TopCat CCFC wrote:

Merlin these are the same questions i would like to be answered :ayatollah: Been thinking the same snice news broke out about Celtic - late Weds night.

I feel the same way. But Man City do own him.

Merlin, I asked the same on one of Carl's posts earlier. Seems strange how he was being consulted about the managers job. I though it was nailed on him coming back this season.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Craig at the end of the season Craig met with the Malaysians and spoke about a number of issues including Bellamy returning as a player/coach, him returning as a player and how much they would pay each week.

Man City have so far rebuffed our advances on the offer of having Bellers on loan and paying £30k pw.

Shearer got cold feet, thankfully. Some say that it had something to do with working with Bellers but I don't know myself if there is any truth in that story. But Shearer certainly signed the contract before going back on the agreement.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:41 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

Annis, fair point but he managed to broker a deal last season so why not this?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:44 pm

Annis, fair point but he managed to broker a deal last season so why not this?[/quote]

I agree, But Man City, realise he cost them Millions by doing so and do not want to make the same mistake twice, WE WILL KNOW WITHIN A WEEK :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:45 pm

carlccfc wrote:

Craig at the end of the season Craig met with the Malaysians and spoke about a number of issues including Bellamy returning as a player/coach, him returning as a player and how much they would pay each week.

Man City have so far rebuffed our advances on the offer of having Bellers on loan and paying £30k pw.

Shearer got cold feet, thankfully. Some say that it had something to do with working with Bellers but I don't know myself if there is any truth in that story. But Shearer certainly signed the contract before going back on the agreement.

What I don't get is why he has said Man City or Cardiff City are the only clubs he will play for. Surely if he sits it out at Man City there is a chance they will terminate his contact to save on wages as he is not in their 25.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:47 pm

Forever Blue wrote:Annis, fair point but he managed to broker a deal last season so why not this?

I agree, But Man City, realise he cost them Millions by doing so and do not want to make the same mistake twice, WE WILL KNOW WITHIN A WEEK :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

I think Merlin did some figures on an older post saying it would cost Man City £3.5m if he sits in the reserves all season. surely there is some sort of logic to cancel his contract to save this amount of money and get him off their books.

Even if Celtic pay 80% of his wages they are still going to have to pay 20% all season. If they cancel his contract they will pay zero.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:50 pm

Even if Celtic pay 80% of his wages they are still going to have to pay 20% all season. If they cancel his contract they will pay zero.

I still don't think brokers would agree to that.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:56 pm

this deal all hinges on man city and what suits them ...bellers can plead and ask all he likes but if they wont sort a deal that doesnt suit them bellers and us are screwed...its gonna be about the best deal they can get..all we can hope for is the malaysians pay a fee for him.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:59 pm

Cardiff Crazy wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:Annis, fair point but he managed to broker a deal last season so why not this?

I agree, But Man City, realise he cost them Millions by doing so and do not want to make the same mistake twice, WE WILL KNOW WITHIN A WEEK :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I think Merlin did some figures on an older post saying it would cost Man City £3.5m if he sits in the reserves all season. surely there is some sort of logic to cancel his contract to save this amount of money and get him off their books.

Even if Celtic pay 80% of his wages they are still going to have to pay 20% all season. If they cancel his contract they will pay zero.[/quote]

This is factually incorrect because if MAN CITY cancel the contract they will owe bellers £3.9m in wages!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:04 pm

Merlin wrote:
Cardiff Crazy wrote:

This is factually incorrect because if MAN CITY cancel the contract they will owe bellers £3.9m in wages!!!![/quote]

What if he agreed to a mutal cancellation?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:06 pm

I suppose we'll see what gets said during his talks soon?

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:11 pm

I know what's been said in the media but no way is Bellers going to hive up on nearly 4m just to play for us. I can't believe anyone woul expect him to.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:12 pm

If Bellamy turns his back on City this season and plays for Celtic instead I think many City fans will not want him back at the club after that. I can't believe he would jeapordise his chances of being involved with Cardiff in the future by going to Celtic on loan when there doesn't seem to be a whole lot extra on offer from Celtic. I hope he sticks to his guns and pushes for a move back to Cardiff even if it means we don't get him until the day before the transfer deadline or when the loan window opens after that.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:12 pm

they wanted his input, Alan shearer sighned the contract then said he didnt want it malcky got the job he dont want bellers simple as

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:18 pm

2blue2handle wrote:

I know what's been said in the media but no way is Bellers going to hive up on nearly 4m just to play for us. I can't believe anyone woul expect him to.

I wouldn't expect him to give up the £3.5m. If we are offering £30k a week thats £1.5m. Give him £500k signing on fee and something like £1m bonus if we go up.

This way he will barely be out of pocket. I know its easier said than done but I honestly think if he wants there are ways to make it happen.

I think the problem is Man City want a fee.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:20 pm

Ian Trumps Blue Army wrote:

they wanted his input, Alan shearer sighned the contract then said he didnt want it malcky got the job he dont want bellers simple as

Ian :ayatollah: Why did MM say that Bellers had the X FACTOR - And now does not want him :?:

Are we going to see Bellers now team up with Ant And Dec,And not Cardiff or Celtic :?:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:22 pm

TopCat CCFC wrote:
Ian Trumps Blue Army wrote:

Ian :ayatollah: Why did MM say that Bellers had the X FACTOR - And now does not want him :?:

Are we going to see Bellers now team up with Ant And Dec,And not Cardiff or Celtic :?:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: Well said Tony

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:24 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
TopCat CCFC wrote:

They do, but they can't force him to go to Celtic or anyone ese. That's down to one person.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:37 pm

Yeah, he will be with Ant & Dec, Gerrard & Keinan!

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:01 am

TOPCAT CCFC you normally or close to the facts regarding Bellers , im a Tavi regular like you . Terry Sean David and Donie are good friends of mine i also know Craig hes gentleman who speaks from the heart with true passion and honesty if its possible for him to join City this season then he will , providing everyone is singing of same hymn sheet . If i was a betting man i'd put my money on him joining Celtic . Think City are leaving too much too Craigs love of City hoping he rules with his heart . Man City pre season starts Tuesday so thats when things should start rolling . Clintysablue had his finger on the pulse regarding Bellers but he got banned from forum because he was too outspoken for some of the wimps on this forum but he stated facts . People and few others who for some reason only known to them seem to bullshit bout Craig pretending they know stuff that they really dont or wont . Give Donie big Terrry Bish my regards next time your in Tavi cant wait to get few Magniers in Tavi with them soon . If Bellers hadve got us into the Premier league all the fools on this site that claim to know all bout him would be praising from the rooftops instead they slate him . He.ll do what he thinks is best for him and his great family . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: