Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

BUY BELLERS NOT GOOD WILLIE

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:41 pm

just wondering why we,re prepared to pay 2 mill for untested kid (not that i mind)....and not bellers...if it was out of the 2 id rather us pay for bellers...but i also think that if the malaysians are willing to pay 2 mill for goodcock they,ll pay for bellers if they want him that bad seeing as we have a bit to spend this year....fingers crossed

Re: BUY BELLERS NOT GOOD WILLIE

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:44 pm

Adam
Taarat (sp?)
Sinclair

This league is all about exploding youth at the mo and Goodwillie could be the next big player in that sense. At two million he could be a steal to resell or for his worth in taking us up (preferably the latter).

Agree 100%

Goodwillie could be worth a lot of money in a season or 2 wheras bellers will be lookin at retirement, but obviously none of us know as of yet wot goodwillie is goin to be like down here

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:45 pm

I mean agree with main post . Cb for me

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:46 pm

as above, if we have 4 or 5 million to spend, it would be nuts to spend 3million on 1 player when we need to find another 9

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:46 pm

i know that ..i want bellers but im looking forward to this season,new faces all up to proving themselves and new manager.i also like the look of goodwillie i think he,d be good down here

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:48 pm

d20 wrote:just wondering why we,re prepared to pay 2 mill for untested kid (not that i mind)....and not bellers...if it was out of the 2 id rather us pay for bellers...but i also think that if the malaysians are willing to pay 2 mill for goodcock they,ll pay for bellers if they want him that bad seeing as we have a bit to spend this year....fingers crossed

I TOTALLY AGREE, GIVE ME BELLERS FIRST ANY DAY :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Much as though I think Bellamy is a great player, you won't get him to play every game, and he is always be one game away from a career-threatening injury. A young keen player with enthusiasm, and being paid about 20% as much,has to be a good shout.

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:00 pm

maybe we'l get bellamy aswell...

theirs gotta be a method behind this i'd like to see both at this club...

on the other hand bellamy was at a similiar standard too goodwillie at 21 if not worse, we could have a star here

Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:05 pm

Spending £4m on Bellamy is money we are guaranteed to lose on the players value where as goodwillie's value may increase. However it will be interesting to see which one has the most impact on our ability to get promoted which is worth far more than their resale value. Still crossing fingers that we get chance to find out the answer to that question by comparing them both this season in the same Cardiff line up.