Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Mixed messages on Craig

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:05 am

These past few days has seen mixed messages on the continuing story of CB. Is he coming? Is he going? Lets be frank he was on a year long loan and has returned to Manchester City. Craig tried his best to get us to the Premiership and unfortunately his & our dream failed. I for one would like to thank him for his efforts and wish him every success whatever is now in front of him.

Would I want him back you bet your life I would the man's pure class with the pace of a throughbred. Does MM want him??? who knows but the signings he has brought in really excites me for the coming season. Buying Craig given where we were financially 12 months ago was never going to happen. Another period of loaning him back to us again not going to happen. Craig wants to play football he's not in the first flush of youth and to be honest, as other posters have said £30K a week would bring in another two quality players either free or loan.

Craig Bellamy is a Cardiff boy who wants the best for his home town club. Thank you for last years efforts I for one am glad to have seen you play in a Bluebird shirt and the free kick in your first game was pure magic. Good luck this year whoever is lucky enough to secure your services. I still hope you can turn out for us either in the Championship or next year in the Premiership.

Re: Mixed messages on Craig

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:12 am

bethanmattsgrampy wrote:These past few days has seen mixed messages on the continuing story of CB. Is he coming? Is he going? Lets be frank he was on a year long loan and has returned to Manchester City. Craig tried his best to get us to the Premiership and unfortunately his & our dream failed. I for one would like to thank him for his efforts and wish him every success whatever is now in front of him.

Would I want him back you bet your life I would the man's pure class with the pace of a throughbred. Does MM want him??? who knows but the signings he has brought in really excites me for the coming season. Buying Craig given where we were financially 12 months ago was never going to happen. Another period of loaning him back to us again not going to happen. Craig wants to play football he's not in the first flush of youth and to be honest, as other posters have said £30K a week would bring in another two quality players either free or loan.

Craig Bellamy is a Cardiff boy who wants the best for his home town club. Thank you for last years efforts I for one am glad to have seen you play in a Bluebird shirt and the free kick in your first game was pure magic. Good luck this year whoever is lucky enough to secure your services. I still hope you can turn out for us either in the Championship or next year in the Premiership.

Whatever Craig decides, I wish him luck too!! We all know he wants to come here, but
none of us can expect him to come here for nothing, or for Man City to just give him away.
He has a short career, a young family.. if anyone on this board expects him to play for
nothing then they are deluded. I live in hope, i think he'd love to be part of a concerted
attack on this Division this season, but if not, its a huge chunk of money that can be spent
elsewhere

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:21 am

taffyapple wrote:
bethanmattsgrampy wrote:These past few days has seen mixed messages on the continuing story of CB. Is he coming? Is he going? Lets be frank he was on a year long loan and has returned to Manchester City. Craig tried his best to get us to the Premiership and unfortunately his & our dream failed. I for one would like to thank him for his efforts and wish him every success whatever is now in front of him.

Whatever Craig decides, I wish him luck too!! We all know he wants to come here, but
none of us can expect him to come here for nothing, or for Man City to just give him away.
He has a short career, a young family.. if anyone on this board expects him to play for
nothing then they are deluded. I live in hope, i think he'd love to be part of a concerted
attack on this Division this season, but if not, its a huge chunk of money that can be spent
elsewhere

I agree with all that but one thing that hasn't been clarified is if Craig doesn'tcome back ( :cry: ) will the money earmarked for his wages be given to MM :?:

Last season we were told VT paid it out of his own pocket and it was treated as a separate investment. Therefore I wouldn't presume that if Bellers doesn't come then the money will automtically go into MMs player budget (the alledged £20m).

I'd still rather have Craig playing than the money in the bank because I think his influence was immense, as well as his ability. Whatever happens I hope it's resolved in the next week or so :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:51 am

I agree 100% with the above; Craig first and foremost as to look after his Family and despite his wealth with probably 2 years of his playing career left must maximise his earnings.

People are forgetting that Craig didn't have to come to us last Season but he did so because he had the dream of helping to take us to the Premiership and if some of the other players had shown half the passion and work rate of Bellamy then we would have achieved that dream.

The only thing i think Craig may regret is saying he would be back here next Season and offering to play for free (IF he did actually say that) however he his under contract to Man City and they want the best deal for them :( I cannot see how any of our fans can now turn on Craig and all I can say is they have short memories :roll:

I will never forget is goal at the Liberty and the celebrations that followed it for that alone he deserves legendary status and as far as i am concerned there will always be a home at the CCS for him and if not this Season I hope he finishes is career with his home town Club :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:58 am

When he hit the shot at the Liberty it seemed to take forever to reach the goal but what followed was one of the wildest celebrations I have ever witnessed.

Thank you Craig, whatever you do! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: