Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Question about deleted thread?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:43 pm

Serious question about the deleted thread - Why was it deleted?

IMO there was a good debate going on, and no personal abuse?

Re: Question about deleted thread?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:44 pm

Absolutely pathetic mate.

Good debate, we didnt all agree but it wasnt abusive.

Loads of posters aint on here anymore, can seriously see me following suit.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:45 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:Absolutely pathetic mate.

The thing that pissed me off the most was I'd just written a massive essay in reply your post :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:48 pm

Dafydd wrote:

The thing that pissed me off the most was I'd just written a massive essay in reply your post :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

haha, in all seriousness, without spitting my dummy out, I honestly cant see what the problem was with it apart from the fact its nothing to do with Football, but then again, neither are half the posts on here.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:50 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:
Dafydd wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

haha, in all seriousness, without spitting my dummy out, I honestly cant see what the problem was with it apart from the fact its nothing to do with Football, but then again, neither are half the posts on here.

Hopefully a moderator will reply with a reason :ayatollah:.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:54 pm

I already know the reason mate, Bornsurvivor reported it, he already told us in a previous thread that he had reported a similar one and that no one listened until Clair deleted it.

So, to stop him from saying that only certain people get hered on here like he did earlier, someone has deleted it so he cant use it against the Mods at a future date.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:55 pm

MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:I already know the reason mate, Bornsurvivor reported it, he already told us in a previous thread that he had reported a similar one and that no one listened until Clair deleted it.

So, to stop him from saying that only certain people get hered on here like he did earlier, someone has deleted it so he cant use it against the Mods at a future date.

:lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:59 pm

bornsurvivor wrote:
MillarFromTheHalfWayLine wrote:I already know the reason mate, Bornsurvivor reported it, he already told us in a previous thread that he had reported a similar one and that no one listened until Clair deleted it.

No denial?

If that was the case, then surely the moderator should've used his own judgement to view the topic properly and see there was nothing wrong/contraversial about it?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:04 pm

I deleted it because there have been 2 or 3 other threads very similar to that one that also ended up being quite distasteful. There were a few unsavoury terms used in there tbh but deleted more for the reason that I know exactly what will happen a few posts down the line when the majority of users get on here, so it was more to prevent the same thing happening again!

Sorry people but we all know when most get home from work the thread would have spiralled out of control!

Btw - I also responded to 3 reported posts.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:05 pm

Merlin wrote:I deleted it because there have been 2 or 3 other threads very similar to that one that also ended up being quite distasteful. There were a few unsavoury terms used in there tbh but deleted more for the reason that I know exactly what will happen a few posts down the line when the majority of users get on here, so it was more to prevent the same thing happening again!

Sorry people but we all know when most get home from work the thread would have spiralled out of control!

Btw - I also responded to 3 reported posts.

Fair enough - Cheers for the response :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:29 pm

Dafydd wrote:
bornsurvivor wrote:

No denial?

If that was the case, then surely the moderator should've used his own judgement to view the topic properly and see there was nothing wrong/contraversial about it?

No denial, I did report it. Don't know if that's why it was deleted though. Glad to see Merlin deleted it for the right reasons.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:36 pm

To delete a thread because of what MIGHT be said is pathetic, if thats the case every thread ever started should be deleted. Bornsurvivor, why did you report it because surely nothing in it offended you as there was actually a sensible debate going on

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:38 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:To delete a thread because of what MIGHT be said is pathetic, if thats the case every thread ever started should be deleted. Bornsurvivor, why did you report it because surely nothing in it offended yoi as it was actually a sensible debate going on

I hardly class someone claiming all gay people spend the majority of their time "snogging and caressing" and having "high pitched effemenate voices" sensible debate.

Anyway, that thread was locked for a reason, let's not have to have this one locked too. ;)

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:40 pm

bornsurvivor wrote:
CraigCCFC wrote:To delete a thread because of what MIGHT be said is pathetic, if thats the case every thread ever started should be deleted. Bornsurvivor, why did you report it because surely nothing in it offended yoi as it was actually a sensible debate going on

I hardly class someone claiming all gay people spend the majority of their time "snogging and caressing" and having "high pitched effemenate voices" sensible debate.

Anyway, that thread was locked for a reason, let's not have to have this one locked too. ;)

And all of the arguments against that (which were quickly made, might I add) weren't balancing it out at all?

Annnnnd why would this one get locked? Unless you reported it and felt a moderator HAD to lock it. Or unless you get someone to bite and start dishing out insults.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Dafydd wrote:
bornsurvivor wrote:

And all of the arguments against that (which were quickly made, might I add) weren't balancing it out at all?

Annnnnd why would this one get locked? Unless you reported it and felt a moderator HAD to lock it. Or unless you get someone to bite and start dishing out insults.

To start with, I reported it when Taffy made the first comment about kissing and cudling. To be honest I was quite enjoying the debate after that.

Secondly, this thread will be locked if it turns into another thread like the one that was locked before and no, I haven't report it.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:44 pm

bornsurvivor wrote:
To start with, I reported it when Taffy made the first comment about kissing and cudling. To be honest I was quite enjoying the debate after that.

Secondly, this thread will be locked if it turns into another thread like the one that was locked before and no, I haven't report it.

This isn't going to turn into another thread like that. Because it'll end up getting locked again (Which I disagree with).

My point is that because of a few (and it really was a few) comments made we can't have a debate.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:02 pm

Guys chill out mun! :lol:

Everyone is entitled to an opinionated debate so long as it's kept clean and free from derogatory, sexist, homophobic, racist and discriminating comments or abuse. I think we all now how to maturely debate without lowering the tone? ;)
:ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:04 pm

Merlin wrote:Guys chill out mun! :lol:

Everyone is entitled to an opinionated debate so long as it's kept clean and free from derogatory, sexist, homophobic, racist and discriminating comments or abuse. I think we all now how to maturely debate without lowering the tone? ;)

You've just removed everything even remotely debateable :cry:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:12 pm

Dafydd wrote:

Nope, I removed a Topic that was heading down the wrong path.

As you might be aware, I am not the type of moderator that will just delete everything that is deemed taboo, I will give everything and anyone a fair crack.

The forum is becoming larger and larger, it has almost 51,000 topics, and almost half a million posts! This topic has been debated before and alot of abusive or offending terms were used, and the topics have survived, but Annis wants the board moderated properly and fairly and I will certainly do my best to keep it that way.

Also, with people joining everytime Annis allows new registrations alot of banned, alter-ego's and other forum members will sign up a new identity, come on here, and cause stress just because they can. they will soon get bored of their purposely agenda destroying bulit posts being edited or removed.

All the moderators here say is keep it clean, and lets not get like some of the other forums that are widely available on the net! ;)

I bet you £100 you could start that topic again, and debate it in a much more maturely fashion without having to spoil the thread. (not you in particular).

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:13 pm

bornsurvivor wrote:

In context. You and i both know that i never said anything about all gay people spending
the majority of their time snogging and caressing. It was because i personally find the
thought of two grown men in bed with a little child between them distasteful, that kind of
thing. Now i am not in ANY way suggesting they would feel the need to do anything untoward
towards a child, so dont go down there. As for the effeminate voices and why some Gay men felt
need to talk that way, you said i was talking shite. I then chucked in Julian Clary Dale Winton
and i think Alan Carr, to which you never really had an answer to.

To be honest I was just having a laugh. Lifes too serious as it is. I take the piss out of
everything. I have black friends (OH MY GOD)... i take the piss out of them, and their
colour, I DO have a couple of gay friends.. and to be honest THEY are more likely to take the piss
out of me than vice versa sort of "oh dont bend down like that in front of me, love!"...
I take the piss out of Paddies, Jews, Catholics, Protestants... Cos life is too f*cking serious.

But my mates arent insecure about their sexuality, colour or anything else, and will f*cking
slaughter me right back!!!... Knowing that i wont spit my dummy out

So frankly, you being pissed off and upset enough about that thread says a lot more about
you than it does me mate.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:15 pm

Merlin wrote:
Dafydd wrote:

Nope, I removed a Topic that was heading down the wrong path.

As you might be aware, I am not the type of moderator that will just delete everything that is deemed taboo, I will give everything and anyone a fair crack.

The forum is becoming larger and larger, it has almost 51,000 topics, and almost half a million posts! This topic has been debated before and alot of abusive or offending terms were used, and the topics have survived, but Annis wants the board moderated properly and fairly and I will certainly do my best to keep it that way.

Also, with people joining everytime Annis allows new registrations alot of banned, alter-ego's and other forum members will sign up a new identity, come on here, and cause stress just because they can. they will soon get bored of their purposely agenda destroying bulit posts being edited or removed.

All the moderators here say is keep it clean, and lets not get like some of the other forums that are widely available on the net! ;)

I bet you £100 you could start that topic again, and debate it in a much more maturely fashion without having to spoil the thread. (not you in particular).

ah merlin :) you cant please them all !! you are one of the most active mods on here so i do praise your work

but like i the other day, dont delete the topics. maybe lock/close them, with a small reason. so people can see why it was closed and avoid this thread. and any problems to pm you or the person. saves confusion....i hope

but keep up the good work

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:16 pm

Merlin wrote:Nope, I removed a Topic that was heading down the wrong path.

:D We were trying to keep it as mature as possible, and for the most part it was! Someone always has to go and ruin it :roll: ;)

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:20 pm

f*cking gays spoiling the fun again are they ;) :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:22 pm

taffyapple wrote:
In context. You and i both know that i never said anything about all gay people spending
the majority of their time snogging and caressing. It was because i personally find the
thought of two grown men in bed with a little child between them distasteful, that kind of
thing. Now i am not in ANY way suggesting they would feel the need to do anything untoward
towards a child, so dont go down there. As for the effeminate voices and why some Gay men felt
need to talk that way, you said i was talking shite. I then chucked in Julian Clary Dale Winton
and i think Alan Carr, to which you never really had an answer to.

Not sure what context you meant when you said it then, was it only in the context of gay couples who adopt children?

And regarding the effeminate voices, if those are your examples of gay men then I imagine your examples of heterosexual men will be bruce willis and jean clade van damme?

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:23 pm

milly44 wrote:f*cking gays spoiling the fun again are they ;) :lol:

You're the kind of person that "lowers the tone"... ;)

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:24 pm

Merlin.

Thanks for letting us know the reasons mate, I know you have a thankless task.

What is sad though is that you deleted it on the basis of what it COULD descend into.

That basicly means that myself, Daffyd, bornsurvivor (who although he reported it) also said he was enjoying the debate, Taffy and whoever else who were having a tidy debate get that taken away from us on the basis that later on after work, some others might come on and ruin it.

Pretty sad realy and realy limits what this board can be used for.

There are loads and loads of posts on here that people could take offence to mate. There was a realy good to debate to be had there, the fact that it gets removed on the above basis surely adds more credibility for a members only forum.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:25 pm

Dafydd wrote:

correct, your just upset because your now unsure of how taffy and co will ''take you when you come out the closet'' :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:26 pm

Well I've just PM oned unamed member as well for something else, regarding retaliating to a post! Thanks Jezz, you're right about not being able to please everybody, but when people report posts for the reasons they state on their reports, they have to be acted upon rather than ignored!!!

and Milly! you can be responsible for editing/reporting your own homophobic comment there seeing as you are a mod! :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:27 pm

milly44 wrote:
Dafydd wrote:

correct, your just upset because your now unsure of how taffy and co will ''take you when you come out the closet'' :ayatollah:

:lol: Talking from experience I see.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:28 pm

Merlin wrote:Well I've just PM oned unamed member as well for something else, regarding retaliating to a post! Thanks Jezz, you're right about not being able to please everybody, but when people report posts for the reasons they state on their reports, they have to be acted upon rather than ignored!!!

and Milly! you can be responsible for editing/reporting your own homophobic comment there seeing as you are a mod! :lol:

Excuse me merlin, IM NOT HOMOPHOBIC........, ''IM NOT SCARED OF MY HOUSE'' :D