Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Worst City Player/players of all time??

Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:48 pm

Iwan Redan,Bywater,J lloyd Samuel,Fuuuck the names go on :lol:

Re: Worst City Player/players of all time??

Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:53 pm

Steve Maclean's got to be up there! Still can't believe we had £1m from Plymouth for him :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:59 pm

Bluebird1993 wrote:Steve Maclean's got to be up there! Still can't believe we had £1m from Plymouth for him :lol: :lol:

Eddie Johnson- as much as I loved him he was utter garbage

Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:59 pm

Kelvin Ethutu .

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:03 pm

Warren Feeney. At least Eddie Johnson scored once in a while. :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:03 pm

Billy Woof and Kevin Meacock spring to mind anyone remember them :old:

Oh and Toshack (Cameron not John) :D

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:04 pm

Turnbull :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:07 pm

Or Tony Warner! he was a complete head case,i remember Kidderminster in 2004 when it went to pens, he was kicking the posts with delight as we only just won :lol: :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:09 pm

john swincondorph or what ever! :lol:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:17 pm

without a doubt Cameron Toshack was the worst we ever had, and could possibly be a contender for the worst footballer of all time!

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:18 pm

The last 3 seasons I've managed to get to quite a few games unlike the previous 20 odd seasons before then due to me now being near in back in the UK. So I can only really judge on the last 3 seasons and to be honest it is frightening to think who we have had here in that time.

It is a difficult call to make due to the amount of competition but for me the worse player we have had in the last 3 seasons is Bywater. He played the majority of games for us in his time here and I can only recall him making one decent save and that was at Palace. He came here becuase of our injuries crisis with our goalkeepers so the fact he was replaced by one of them who had not quite recovered from injury tells its own story.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:24 pm

JLS
Commingues
Bywater

for various reasons.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:28 pm

Bywater was just another 1 of Jones's Pointless Signings! i mean the names Go on,Samuel,maclean,taiwo,turnbull,feeney,Keogh,etuhu, etc, dont get me wrong he gave us a few memories but the guy was completly clueless with his tactics and the majority of his signings!

Malky Mackays Barmy Army!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:42 pm

Nathan Wigg or Cameron Toshack.

Both should never have been near a football pitch, never lone playing on the one owned by my wonderful club!

Nathan Wigg, away at Bury on the last day of the season many years ago (I can't be arsed checking exactly when) showed what he was all about!

The ball came to him in our own half and he swung wildly and hit about 100 feet straight up. When the ball came down a tried to hoof it clear and sliced it straight into touch. I sang "Nathan WIgg's a skill machine" (to the tune of Sex Machine) in his honour!

Anyone who listed JLS, Keogh, Etuhu, Feeney, even Bywater don;t know you're born!

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:56 pm

Peter Zoiss & Andy Kerr would top the list for me. Utter shite.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:48 pm

I never liked Tony Carss, Jorn Schwinkendorf, Rhys Weston, Dave, Lee Baddeley, Lee Naylor,

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:09 pm

Steve Grapes

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:22 pm

leo fortune west,eddie johnson,konstantdropalopalyis, and sorry to say lee naylor :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:56 pm

krab wrote:leo fortune west,eddie johnson,konstantdropalopalyis, and sorry to say lee naylor :ayatollah:

LEO FORTUNE WEST F OFF! watch season review of division 2 he was involved in nearly every goal. yes it was because of his height. but he done his job!
PLUS as famous win over leeds who set up the late goal? LEO!!!

sorry you have upset me :twisted:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:00 pm

dai thomas and steve lynex ... stand out for me! ... but its an endless pit!

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:04 pm

Can't believe Pat Heard hasn't had a mention yet. Him and Nathan Wigg wouldn't get in a Welsh League side. It's an insult that they graced our beloved Ninian Park! Two absolutely atrocious footballers.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:10 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
krab wrote:leo fortune west,eddie johnson,konstantdropalopalyis, and sorry to say lee naylor :ayatollah:

LEO FORTUNE WEST F OFF! watch season review of division 2 he was involved in nearly every goal. yes it was because of his height. but he done his job!

you are wearing thoase rosey specs again,he was a donkey,but a loveable donkey :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:14 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:

was it the stoke play off game(my memory is not what it was)when he just had to keep the ball in the corner,he lost the ball,they ran up pitch and scored,bloody donkey :D :D :ayatollah:

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:41 pm

Lee jarman, no idea how it made it professional.
Last edited by Taff on the Mersey on Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:42 pm

For the deal he signed for and for what he did (nothing) is Warren Feeney

Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:14 pm

LETHAL, LETHAL LYNEX!!!! Awful

It's the stikers that were poor i mostly remember - Jason Byrne, Feeney, Cam Toshack, Steve Maclean (Leo was an enigma - effective and very bad at the same time!) Morris Scott and vincent perricard

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:06 pm

Anyone remember Jeff Chandler, about the same time as Lynex. They were City's answer to Abbot and Costello.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:58 am

Blue'76' wrote:Anyone remember Jeff Chandler, about the same time as Lynex. They were City's answer to Abbot and Costello.

Jeff Chandler, God he was abysmal ..

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:07 pm

Bywater
JLS
Naylor
Weston
Eddie
Feeney
Jason Byrne
Etehu - However you say it
Comminges

The list goes on

Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:14 pm

The honour goes to Eddie.

Especially as he was rumoured to be on £20,000 a week. It was also rumoured DJ thought he was having a season long loan of a different Johnson from the USA.