Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" UP-TO-DATE NEWS ON CRAIG BELLAMY "

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:17 pm

Craig Bellamy flew back into the UK this weekend from being on holiday in America and also after spending time with the academy he funds in Sierra Leonne.

Craig wanted to see his son in his sports day yesterday but the request was turned down by Man City I understand as they wanted him to be in Manchester to sort out his contract and next move, those discussions have continued into today and are still ongoing.

Prior to going to Manchester, Bellamy has spoken with TG who again reiterated to him that Cardiff City want Bellamy back and TG has explained to Craig that he has spoken with Vincent Tan and told Tan that he would like Bellamy to return.

Depending on your view the next bit could be seen as disappointing or a positive move, I understand that Vincent Tan and Cardiff City will not be going above their offer of paying part of Craig's wages of £30k per week as they have set out a budget and they do not plan or expect to go over it.

Disappointing in that it could mean we miss out on Craig and positive in that we are keeping things in check and being prudent.

It does not rule out anything happening at all as we do not know as yet whether Man City have accepted Celtic's offer or maybe Craig could terminate the contract himself, they are some of many permutations but that is the very latest regarding Craig Bellamy.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52057 :ayatollah:

Re: UP-TO-DATE NEWS ON BELLAMY

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:19 pm

Gutted if we dont get him, but much happier the club is being sensible and not chucking cash around like poppers at a gay bar! What will be will be:)

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:23 pm

Cheers Carl :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:24 pm

Bellamy wouldn't be able to unilaterally terminate the contract without just cause.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:27 pm

nerd wrote:Bellamy wouldn't be able to unilaterally terminate the contract without just cause.

Correct mutual agreement is required. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:27 pm

Thanks Carl.

Very interesting, I do still believe that Craig will be a Cardiff City player by September.

I trust Malky though, and whatever happens, happens :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:29 pm

castleblue wrote:
nerd wrote:Bellamy wouldn't be able to unilaterally terminate the contract without just cause.

Exactly

And then it becomes incredibly complicate.

Bellamy hasn't requested a transfer. Man City want him off the books. Hence, Man City would be liable, depending upon contract terms, to pay off the remaining salary. It then becomes a case of Bellamy and Man City agreeing a sum of money acceptable to both to terminate the contract with immediate effect. From bellamy's perspective, 4.5m is a lot of money to leave on the table.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:30 pm

As far as I'm concerned, not letting the player go and see his lad in his sports day is just cause. Treating him like a prisoner mun.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:32 pm

nerd wrote:
castleblue wrote:

Exactly

And then it becomes incredibly complicate.

Bellamy hasn't requested a transfer. Man City want him off the books. Hence, Man City would be liable, depending upon contract terms, to pay off the remaining salary. It then becomes a case of Bellamy and Man City agreeing a sum of money acceptable to both to terminate the contract with immediate effect. From bellamy's perspective, 4.5m is a lot of money to leave on the table.

Could this happen? Shocked if it could.

Cheers Carl, BTW. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:33 pm

It depends on Bellamy now then coz Celtic will pay him about £70k+ per week wages on loan , if he comes to Cardiff then its either a free transfer or we pay between £2mil and £4mil transfer PLUS £30k per week salary ...... thats a lot of money for a Championship club to fork out !

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:38 pm

Lets be realistic unless we get Craig for what the Malaysisns have stated then lets move on. We do have other players and Bellars will be back at some point. :ayatollah:

Re: " UP-TO-DATE NEWS ON CRAIG BELLAMY "

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:39 pm

I honestly Believe Man City wont let it happen for Bells to Return to Cardiff City This coming Season, They want a lot more money back than Cardiff are prepared to pay. And anyone who Believes that Bells will play for FREE for Cardiff are Mad, Would you give up up to £5 Mill in wages ?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I honestly Believe Man City wont let it happen for Bells to Return to Cardiff City This coming Season, They want a lot more money back than Cardiff are prepared to pay. And anyone who Believes that Bells will play for FREE for Cardiff are Mad, Would you give up up to £5 Mill in wages ?

He shouldn't say it then Annis even in jest. Wish Bells all the best wherever he plays next season as i believe he will be back at some point.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I honestly Believe Man City wont let it happen for Bells to Return to Cardiff City This coming Season, They want a lot more money back than Cardiff are prepared to pay. And anyone who Believes that Bells will play for FREE for Cardiff are Mad, Would you give up up to £5 Mill in wages ?

He shouldn't say it then Annis even in jest. Wish Bells all the best wherever he plays next season as i believe he will be back at some point.

Steve, Steve Tucker, I think you will find Twisted Bells words in the Echo.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:52 pm

Lets be sensible here and buy within are means were in up 2 necks as it is with all our debt

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:53 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

All bellamy really stated was a desire to come back, he was being honest. He wants
to come back, its just might not be financially viable. No fault can be laid at anyones
feet over this.

Just one of those things.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:54 pm

Thanks Carl, is there any more news/updates coming soon?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:54 pm

Bellemy quote;

"THIS IS MY CLUB THESE ARE MY PEOPLE"

Let's hope it is and we are????? :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:57 pm

taffyapple wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

All bellamy really stated was a desire to come back, he was being honest. He wants
to come back, its just might not be financially viable. No fault can be laid at anyones
feet over this.

Just one of those things.

Correct Dave :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:01 pm

would love to see it happening but if it dont thank you craig for last year
and well done to VT & DC for not throwing money around

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:02 pm

it's a positive that city offering 'only 30k' as in if he doesn't come then thats 2 quality players we can get in his place. I would love to have him back but I think 30k is too much for one player for us.

also Mackay has been very quiet on Bellamy, does he want him or not or malaysians going for him regardless????

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:05 pm

Cardiff are playing hardball with Man city, we are not going to say that we will pay more, even if we are, its just business, it's not over yet by a long stretch, I believe that we will know something before the weekend, good or bad!

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:06 pm

Talk Sport (I know) .... Just said he was going to be loaned to Stoke!!

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:08 pm

Annis

I don't think it's about if CB will play for nothing as Nerd has said £4.5m is a lot of money for him to leave on the table. But if he could agree an amount of money to cancel his contract, say £3m, and lets face it as he has 2 years left on his contract at Man City they would save £6m plus NI that's quite a saving to Man City.

I think in employment terms these are called compromise agreements and lets face it Man City need him gone and Mancini doesn't want him so it's perfect for a compromise agreement.

The whole thing about waiting a year is that CB will still have a contract paying him £4.5m in place so if it's all about money why move?

CB more than any player I can think of has got the moves he wants exactly at the time he has wanted them. I know Celtic are in the box seat here but I still think whilst there is time there is hope here. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I believe he'll join Celtic because Man City will favour him going there because they can pay more in wages.

Then I think he'll sign for us on a free next summer and work his way into the coaching set up along the way.

CB39 - True Cardiff legend whatever happens.

:ayatollah:

Oh and the Riddler has brought Plymuff for a quid!

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:11 pm

castleblue wrote:

Annis

I don't think it's about if CB will play for nothing as Nerd has said £4.5m is a lot of money for him to leave on the table. But if he could agree an amount of money to cancel his contract, say £3m, and lets face it as he has 2 years left on his contract at Man City they would save £6m plus NI that's quite a saving to Man City.

I think in employment terms these are called compromise agreements and lets face it Man City need him gone and Mancini doesn't want him so it's perfect for a compromise agreement.

The whole thing about waiting a year is that CB will still have a contract paying him £4.5m in place so if it's all about money why move?

CB more than any player I can think of has got the moves he wants exactly at the time he has wanted them. I know Celtic are in the box seat here but I still think whilst there is time there is hope here. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes I agree with you Gary, but other people on here and especially the Snipers mb, were saying Carl was talking Bolloxs ect, because Bells will play for nothing for us lol.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:16 pm

carlccfc wrote:Craig Bellamy flew back into the UK this weekend from being on holiday in America and also after spending time with the academy he funds in Sierra Leonne.

Craig wanted to see his son in his sports day yesterday but the request was turned down by Man City I understand as they wanted him to be in Manchester to sort out his contract and next move, those discussions have continued into today and are still ongoing.

Prior to going to Manchester, Bellamy has spoken with TG who again reiterated to him that Cardiff City want Bellamy back and TG has explained to Craig that he has spoken with Vincent Tan and told Tan that he would like Bellamy to return.

Depending on your view the next bit could be seen as disappointing or a positive move, I understand that Vincent Tan and Cardiff City will not be going above their offer of paying part of Craig's wages of £30k per week as they have set out a budget and they do not plan or expect to go over it.

Disappointing in that it could mean we miss out on Craig and positive in that we are keeping things in check and being prudent.

It does not rule out anything happening at all as we do not know as yet whether Man City have accepted Celtic's offer or maybe Craig could terminate the contract himself, they are some of many permutations but that is the very latest regarding Craig Bellamy.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52057 :ayatollah:

Annis, I supose this will be an early indication of just how much the Malaysians WANT Craig....

IF it is as much as they stated (and don't forget the Shearer incident is supposed to have been partly created by the 'return of Bellamy') then one way or another it WILL be done....

Interesting days, which I believe will depend on Mancini City's stance and Craig's determination to come to an amicable agreement to cancel his contract with at least SOME sort of recompense for himself to counterbalance the money he would (in all reality) lose by coming 'home' to Cardiff, albeit on a suitable 'bonus' package WHEN we take Swansea's place at the top table!! :lol: :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:22 pm

Celtic fans I know are not happy about them paying out huge wages for Bellamy and allowing him NOT to train with Celtic and to allow him to live in Cardiff and fly up for games then fly back , plus rumour is he will be also allowed to miss some midweek games . They aint a happy bunch !

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:22 pm

he said he would pay for free for us in the press so why would the only paying him 30k pw be a stumbling block :lol: