Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " UP-TO-DATE NEWS ON CRAIG BELLAMY "

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:23 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:he said he would pay for free for us in the press so why would the only paying 30k be a stumbling block :lol:

come on that was a total miss-quote and was said tongue in cheek by Bellamy :roll: :roll: :roll:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:24 pm

I think a move to Celtic for someone with Bellamys fitness problems would be madness, especially as he seems against actually moving to Scotland, travelling on planes and not preparing properly will surely just cause injury to someone who has a very particular fitness regime, which seems to have prolonged his career, when at one stage he was looking finished.
He would be best served to come to an agreement to terminate his Man City contract, and take £30k wages at Cardiff, with a massive promotion bonus, maybe £2million.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:27 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I honestly Believe Man City wont let it happen for Bells to Return to Cardiff City This coming Season, They want a lot more money back than Cardiff are prepared to pay. And anyone who Believes that Bells will play for FREE for Cardiff are Mad, Would you give up up to £5 Mill in wages ?

some people only believe he would play for city for free because bellamy actually said that in an interview printed in the echo(in truth knowing the echo it could have been another made up story)and no nobody in there right mind would give up 5 million but there is an opportunity for bellamy to come to an agreeent with man city to settle his contract,lt be fair its not like he s on hs last fiver is it

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:35 pm

His son came 2nd in the egg and spoon race aswell.................he was well gutted! :D

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Us paying 30k a week in the championship is the maddest thing, we could get two very decent players for same amount. Bells is class but we have got to start being realistic

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:45 pm

Thanks Carl in a way there is still hope then ? :ayatollah:

Leytonstoneblue wrote:He would be best served to come to an agreement to terminate his Man City contract, and take £30k wages at Cardiff, with a massive promotion bonus, maybe £2million.

I think a 2 million bonus would just about cover Bellamy's current wage.

70,000 x 52 = £3,640,000
30,000 x 52 = £1,560,000
------------------
£2,080,000

im glad that the club are keeping an eye on finances,like someone else said maybe we could do well without craig :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Its nice to see that the malaysians have a budget and will not stray away from it as Annis said earlier bellamy is not going to play for nothing and never probably said that so lets just accept we cant afford him and move on we have exicting times ahead of us Craig Bellamy is not the be all and end all so lets just move on :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:51 pm

How many years has Bellars still got on his Man City contract?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:54 pm

thanks carl :ayatollah:

Re: UP-TO-DATE NEWS ON BELLAMY

Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:17 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Gutted if we dont get him, but much happier the club is being sensible and not chucking cash around like poppers at a gay bar! What will be will be:)

Love it, poppers rock

Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:49 pm

bluebird1977 wrote:he said he would pay for free for us in the press so why would the only paying him 30k pw be a stumbling block :lol:

Steve Tucker the Reporter, I think you will find Twisted Bells words in the Echo.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:11 pm

Surely not being picked in the managers 26 and no possibilities of first team football for an entire season gives bellers some ammo.Did he sign a contract to play for Man City or a contract to go out on loan year after year,not sure of the legalities,have I got it all wrong?..............

Bluebird till I die
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_9142803
listen
http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_9142803

Club won't even listen to my CCFC song,what do you think I should do? :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:16 pm

Anyone actually know how many years Bellers actually has left on his Man City contract?

Because on most websites it says he has 2 years left but Malky said on Talksport this morning that he has 1 year left!

Or perhaps he has 1 year left with Man City having an option to extend it another year?

I want Bellers back! :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:26 pm

I am trying to understand why Man city would allow him to go out on loan for a season then let him leave on a free,why would any club do that,they will probably terminate his contract,that suits everyone.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:12 pm

Knock it on the head i say.

Lets go after realistic targets...

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:20 pm

dazzyt wrote:I am trying to understand why Man city would allow him to go out on loan for a season then let him leave on a free,why would any club do that,they will probably terminate his contract,that suits everyone.

Where does it SAY HE CAN LEAVE ON A FREE ? ? ? ? ?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:00 pm

i personally though would rather
spend the 2 million on bellers and bring in another striker on a free etc... that pay 2 mil for goodwillie..

a full pre season for bellers and to start the season flying i think he would be the key asset this yr..

dont forget last yr, he had no pre season as was a bit part player until xmas... after xmas we all know how much of a difference he made..

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:22 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:Us paying 30k a week in the championship is the maddest thing, we could get two very decent players for same amount. Bells is class but we have got to start being realistic

I totally agree with you. As much as I would love to have him back with us I think it would be complete madness to pay that much on one player and put all our eggs in one basket. We desperately need to build a much bigger stronger squad and in our financial position I think it is irresponsible to pay one player £30k per week even if Tan is willing to do so. We are not financially secure enough to go taking gambles like that. What if we fail to get promotion again (which is very likely). I think we should move on and hope that we can get Bellamy to join us in some sort of coaching job when he retires. Got no problems whatsover with him just training with us though next season. At least he could still pass on some advice to our younger players while keeping himself fit.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:36 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:It depends on Bellamy now then coz Celtic will pay him about £70k+ per week wages on loan , if he comes to Cardiff then its either a free transfer or we pay between £2mil and £4mil transfer PLUS £30k per week salary ...... thats a lot of money for a Championship club to fork out !

Celtic fan here, there is no way Celtic will pay him £70k p/w. At a push I think £40k tops and that might be with a little bit of help from Dermot Desmond.

I would love to see Bellers back at Celtic, but I don't see it happening tbh. We had all this speculation last summer and he ended up going to you guys.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:37 pm

The Sultan wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:It depends on Bellamy now then coz Celtic will pay him about £70k+ per week wages on loan , if he comes to Cardiff then its either a free transfer or we pay between £2mil and £4mil transfer PLUS £30k per week salary ...... thats a lot of money for a Championship club to fork out !

Celtic fan here, there is no way Celtic will pay him £70k p/w. At a push I think £40k tops and that might be with a little bit of help from Dermot Desmond.

I would love to see Bellers back at Celtic, but I don't see it happening tbh. We had all this speculation last summer and he ended up going to you guys.

Welcome :ayatollah:

They have got it wrong, Lennon has offered to pay £55,000 a week, Celtic Save on No signing on Fee and No Buying Fee.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:48 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
The Sultan wrote:

Welcome :ayatollah:

They have got it wrong, Lennon has offered to pay £55,000 a week, Celtic Save on No signing on Fee and No Buying Fee.

Thanx. :D

I have been on the Celtic message board I post on all day and haven't seen that, hope your right though. :mrgreen:

It just seems like a non-starter to me, what with him supposedly training with CC, flying up for games and being allowed to miss some mid-week games. I don't see Lenny taking a gamble on disrupting the team spirit he fostered last season for a deal like that.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:50 pm

I have been on the Celtic message board I post on all day and haven't seen that, hope your right though. :mrgreen:

It just seems like a non-starter to me, what with him supposedly training with CC, flying up for games and being allowed to miss some mid-week games. I don't see Lenny taking a gamble on disrupting the team spirit he fostered last season for a deal like that.[/quote]

I promise you a lot of that is exaggerated. :ayatollah:

Also Cardiff have only offered £30,000 a week towards his wages, compared to Celtics £55,000 a week.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:57 pm

Forever Blue wrote:I have been on the Celtic message board I post on all day and haven't seen that, hope your right though. :mrgreen:

It just seems like a non-starter to me, what with him supposedly training with CC, flying up for games and being allowed to miss some mid-week games. I don't see Lenny taking a gamble on disrupting the team spirit he fostered last season for a deal like that.

I promise you a lot of that is exaggerated. :ayatollah:

Also Cardiff have only offered £30,000 a week towards his wages, compared to Celtics £55,000 a week.[/quote]

I suppose we'll just have to wait and see, in the meantime, fancy taking Loovens back? :lol:

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:02 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
dazzyt wrote:I am trying to understand why Man city would allow him to go out on loan for a season then let him leave on a free,why would any club do that,they will probably terminate his contract,that suits everyone.

Where does it SAY HE CAN LEAVE ON A FREE ? ? ? ? ?

Annis, he means if he goes out on loan for the season his contract then runs out next summer and he can leave for free

Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:58 pm

Cheers for the update

Well I cant say im surprised, I love City as much as Bellamy does, but would I leave nigh on 5million on the table to play for them? No and anyone who isnt moderately retarded wouldnt either.

Some times we just have to accept that as much as both parties want it to happen, it just isnt possible.

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:30 pm

As a Celtic Supporter, I not really sure if it is right to bring him back up to Scotland.

Anyway, i heard that we have a friendly against you lot sometime soon, has anyone heard anything ?

Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:54 pm

July 20th by all accounts fella

Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:16 pm

Forever Blue wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:
Forever Blue wrote:I honestly Believe Man City wont let it happen for Bells to Return to Cardiff City This coming Season, They want a lot more money back than Cardiff are prepared to pay. And anyone who Believes that Bells will play for FREE for Cardiff are Mad, Would you give up up to £5 Mill in wages ?

He shouldn't say it then Annis even in jest. Wish Bells all the best wherever he plays next season as i believe he will be back at some point.

Steve, Steve Tucker, I think you will find Twisted Bells words in the Echo.

Annis....

Steve Tucker?? Twist words?? Arrange a story to meet his own deranged agenda??

Surely not??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: