Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

owen hargreaves

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:13 am

been relseased by man u
is a good player if he could stay fit
not many premiership teams would want to take a chance on him due to his injury history

would you sign him ?

i.m.o, i would take him on trial.. play him in our pre season games and if he can prove his fitness sign him on a 1 year contract with the option so sign a longer contract if he can stay fit and perform well.

the only problem with him is he probably has a huge wage.. he would have to take a wage cut to come here.

whats your opinions ?

Re: owen hargreaves

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:16 am

Good player when he was in Germany, if he's free why not id like him, if we give him a pay as you play contract bring him in. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:19 am

Haha I was about to make this post! :lol:

I agree, I think take him on a trial and if he proves himself, sign him on a pay as you play. I think he would take the pay cut too, I think it's probably about the football for him.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:19 am

lagerlewis wrote:Good player when he was in Germany, if he's free why not id like him, if we give him a pay as you play contract bring him in. :ayatollah:

good shout, hes on youtube proving his fitness, hes dessprate to find a club. Could be a good signing as we are short in midfield.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:22 am

WASTE OF TIME

hes like riggott... finished

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:22 am

I think he is done as a player. How many games has he played in the last 3 years?

He would be another Riggot.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:23 am

Cracking player. Get Bellamy's mate Raymond Verheijen to look after him. Hopefully then he could play 30 plus games :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:31 am

TheMortgageAdvisor wrote:I think he is done as a player. How many games has he played in the last 3 years?

He would be another Riggot.

Maybe but if we offer a pay as you play contract he will do the job, You can say the same about Owen but wed snap him up if we had the choice, its obvious the bloke wants to prove himself and im sure hed take a huge pay cut beggers cant be choosers after all..

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:40 am

If he could get fit,he would be an excellent buy!Big IF tho :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:45 am

do you think if man utd could get him fit they would keep him? come on guys "if we can get him fit"

if he can't get all the fitness and help at man utd then he aint gonna get it here, the lads finished

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:18 am

He is fit as a flea look at all these vids - he gotta be worth a shot on a pay as you play basis, he gotta lot to prove - :ayatollah: - http://www.youtube.com/results?search_q ... hargreaves

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:39 am

Leave the crocked piece of shit to rot.
He chose england over wales remember,arsehole

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:40 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaLTtdr9wkc

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:44 am

moz-dublin wrote:Leave the crocked piece of shit to rot.

So did Michael Owen TBH when it comes to International success England are more attractive than wales any day. Im pround to be welsh but if i was offerd a place in the England team id bite the fuckers hand off for it.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:06 am

i mentioned this yesterday and got shot down

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14035688.stm

think if we did a pay as you play offer and depending on home many appearances he actually makes , he gets a contract activated. ie pay as you play.. 30 appearances and then gets a deal...

utd bought him for 17 mil...

id give him a go , strict fitness tests pre season and a tough medical... go from there...

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:34 am

lagerlewis wrote:
moz-dublin wrote:Leave the crocked piece of shit to rot.

So did Michael Owen TBH when it comes to International success England are more attractive than wales any day. Im pround to be welsh but if i was offerd a place in the England team id bite the fuckers hand off for it.

You cant be that proud to be welsh if you would play for england

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:48 am

give him a go. Get him in training and involved in pre season games and see what happens! However im sure there will be plenty of clubs who will take a punt on him! If fit he could be unreal at this level but obviously a stringent medical and pay as you play contract must be in place!

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:54 am

Gave me a laugh just before lunch. Avoid, avoid, avoid, even on a pay as you play deal. It sends out all the wrong messages to our players

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:57 am

lagerlewis wrote:So did Michael Owen TBH when it comes to International success England are more attractive than wales any day. Im pround to be welsh but if i was offerd a place in the England team id bite the fuckers hand off for it.

When did Michael Owen ever do that? I don't think, to the best of my knowledge, Wales ever thought of trying to recruit Michael Owen. He has always considered himself English and the country he played for was never an option