Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Forensic accountant latest

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:09 pm

stickywicket wrote:What doesn't add is
Do you really belive VT would put money up front for the new management
team and new players if he thought he was liable for £24 million ?
Cardiff City is basically insolvent,it has been for a long time.
VT is keeping it afloat.
Our income streams don't match our debt.
If any of you believe VT will pay out £24 million you believe in pink elephants.

Thats a good point!! :shock:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:31 pm

VT is keeping it afloat.
If any of you believe VT will pay out £24 million you believe in pink elephants.

VT might not pay Sam/Langston £24m but it is my belief he will (along with other board members) have to pay Sam/Langston a sigifigant amount eventually.

VT has pumped £Millions into CCFC and if Sam/Langston took High Court action all that investment would be put at risk because as you say CCFC is techically insolvent and VT wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting all his money back.

IMO it would be far easier and better for the Malaysians long term plans to honour the 2009 agreement and pay Sam £10m. Langston could also receive shares and further payments in the event of promotion and in return they could give VT his much coverted stadium naming rights.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:39 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
VT is keeping it afloat.

VT might not pay Sam/Langston £24m but it is my belief he will (along with other board members) have to pay Sam/Langston a sigifigant amount eventually.

VT has pumped £Millions into CCFC and if Sam/Langston took High Court action all that investment would be put at risk because as you say CCFC is techically insolvent and VT wouldn't have a chance in hell of getting all his money back.

IMO it would be far easier and better for the Malaysians long term plans to honour the 2009 agreement and pay Sam £10m. Langston could also receive shares and further payments in the event of promotion and in return they could give VT his much coverted stadium naming rights.

Hi Tony,

The penny has just dropped on me about your avatar. Very good.

By keeping their shares to 49% the Malaysians are not liabel for the debt but the club will be which is then down to the board. If Sam demands the full lot back it is going to get messy.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:41 pm

" Fletcher " ......... " yes Mr Mackay ? " :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:48 pm

Bakedalasker wrote:
Hi Tony,

By keeping their shares to 49% the Malaysians are not liabel for the debt but the club will be which is then down to the board. If Sam demands the full lot back it is going to get messy.

Cheers Ian and I totally agree with you, things will get very messey if Sam/Langston flexes their muscles over this because the club is in breach of the 2009 agreement with Langston.

PS Porridge was one of my all time favourite TV programme's, so I was over the moon when our manager was another MacKay ;)

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:11 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Hi Tony,

Cheers Ian and I totally agree with you, things will get very messey if Sam/Langston flexes their muscles over this because the club is in breach of the 2009 agreement with Langston.

PS Porridge was one of my all time favourite TV programme's, so I was over the moon when our manager was another MacKay ;)

If the Malaysians have breached an agreement which may or may not have been valid at the time.

Who knows?

Things may well get messy; difference being the nuclear option sure as hell won't benefit Sam/Langston one bit, with the unsecured loan. others would get something back.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:26 pm

nerd wrote:

If the Malaysians have breached an agreement which may or may not have been valid at the time.

Who knows?

Things may well get messy; difference being the nuclear option sure as hell won't benefit Sam/Langston one bit, with the unsecured loan. others would get something back.

Well this is it though. Did the Malaysians sign the agreement or was it someone else. I could be wrong here but I have a feeling their names are not on it so therefore the debt could be down to others such as Borley, PMG and whoever else. If that is the case and Sam wins judgement he could quite easily turn his attention onto the likes of Borley and the other directors as they have capital. I'm not 100% sure how it works in a company but if you are a guaranteer of a personal debt you could be come liable.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:27 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:

VT isn't liable for 24 million, the club are,VT is a share holder of the club, and does not own over 49% of the shares, do you think he's kept it to that level by accident. The debt which they were aware of after the two due diligences they had and even the Forensic failure to find any wrong doing, could have been settled for less if the agreement in place had been kept to, and if the new management had not been given a workable budget, then any chance of the Premiership and the riches associated with it can be kissed goodbye, so they either continue to invest/gamble or they cut their losses and run, hopefully they stay and invest whatever it takes, but how long do you think they are prepared to do that for, another two years, ten years, who knows?

If it was insolvent, the governing bodies wouldn't let them trade and the League would throw them out.

VT is keeping it afloat.

He's playing a part in keeping it afloat,along with season ticket and match day sales and all the income streams associated with a business of this size.But so are Steve Borley, PMG, Mike Isaacs etc.

Do you mean our yearly income stream doesn't match our debt, because we wouldn't be unique on that front and in fact we'd be in company with some of the top clubs in the land.

VT isn't being asked to pay out 24 million, but the club will be made to honor any outstanding debt that is covered by a contractual agreement that the concerned parties have signed up to.

Thats a good point!! :shock:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:32 pm

BigGwynram wrote:[color=#0000FF]VT isn't being asked to pay out 24 million, but the club will be made to honor any outstanding debt that is covered by a contractual agreement that the concerned parties have signed up to.

"concerned parties", could get messy.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:50 pm

Sludge wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sludge wrote:be best all round if this was settled OOC

Agree with you Sludge but I can help thinking now that our saviours have made this a little more difficult.

maybe thats what they want

I am backing them to win , if winning is a term to use about this whole sorry affair

not sure it is

Sludge, for some reason you would back anyone to Win against Sam, even if it was the Jacks. Also anything against this Forum, You Also back, A FACT.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:59 pm

Sludge wrote:
Bakedalasker wrote:
Sludge wrote:be best all round if this was settled OOC

Agree with you Sludge but I can help thinking now that our saviours have made this a little more difficult.

maybe thats what they want

I am backing them to win , if winning is a term to use about this whole sorry affair

not sure it is

To win what Sludge, to win fair play, to win justice! or just to win in as much as they have bought something with agreements in place and they manage to get out of honoring the deal?

I just hope both parties can come to a mutually agreeable outcome and there is no need for winners or losers.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:36 pm

annis , thats nonsense , I just belive they are very shrewd businessmen

as for the forum you know full well I never slag it off I just stick up for the trust which is going to bring me into arguments with you and dayo etc who dont agree with it

its nothing personal :ayatollah:

Gwyn ..this is business ....winning means precisely that ...its a mucky game

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:28 pm

Sludge any of just posting as yourself tonight theres a good lad. Give the Warrior tag a rest tonight hey ! :evil:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:31 pm

All guesswork lads.

Nobody, including those of you who Sam is feeding information too know what cards VT and TG have to play.

One thing that is inescapable fact is they have put £12m in IN SHARES, not loans (although I expect they also have some of these), and thats not the sign of someone wh thinks things are going to go tits up.

They have also prepared another £20m of shares to be sold, which could be the solution to the problem.

As for people saying 'why don't they pay up now' well you wouldn't last 5 minutes in business -as the way of the world is pay at the last moment. Clearly VT doesn't think its the last moment yet.

Hopefully an agreement is sorted sooner rather than later, but I'd far prefer that £20m to be invested in our stadium and side.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:11 pm

Lawnmower wrote:All guesswork lads.

Nobody, including those of you who Sam is feeding information too know what cards VT and TG have to play.

Yeah but it is fun trying ot work it out.