Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Jimmy Floyd

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:18 pm

What did you guys think of him whilst he was here. His pace was off but he had to have one of the best shooters i seen in a city shirt.

Re: Jimmy Floyd

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:23 pm

i like him...and that goal against wolves!

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:26 pm

Dazzatim wrote:i like him...and that goal against wolves!

Oh m8 that was a cracker wasnt it.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:45 pm

Ripped us off with his contract and was past it but Fowler and Jimmy was exciting times

Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:50 pm

Well passed it was he not.

Cant complain to much because we got a few games out of him unlike Fowler and Koumas our other big names we have had.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:00 pm

Yeah, I thought Hasselbaink did well. Fowler was a waste and Hasselbaink shouldn't have started the FA Cup Final instead of Thompson but he was alright whilst he was here.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:09 pm

Preferred Nathan Blake to be honest with you.... and his goals! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:24 pm

The contract situation soured things a little but i'll always have a lot of time for Jimmy, he loved our fans and wasn't a big time charlie. Even when you see him on SKY today he still only has nice things to say about us. Although his legs were gone i couldn't fault Jimmy's effort and commitment to the club - unlike f**k face fowler.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:47 pm

He had a big part to play in us getting to the FA Cup Final with his storming goal against Wolves and he also set up the other goal with a clever flick through the defence. The contract balls up was down to Ridsdale :twisted: and so you couldn't blame Jimmy for wanting what he was entitled to, did a decent job for us so he gets a :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: from me.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:52 pm

and so you couldn't blame Jimmy for wanting what he was entitled to

most people blame Jones for the same so im sure they will.

As for Jimmy, he was pretty poor if we are honest, he did have some good moments and did manage to play a decent amount of games but his legs were well gone, his shooting generally poor and offered little. His goal against Wolves though was world class.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:06 pm

Great goal vs Wolves !

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:57 pm

I still think about the FA Cup goal he scored in front of the old Canton Stand where he turned and dummied his marker a beauty before curling on (excuse the pun!! :oops: ) into the top corner!!

A site to see....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:47 pm

Did he really screw us with his contract or was it more Ridsdale Bullshit ?