Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Cardiff City creditor - Langston

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:20 pm

The Cardiff City board just need to face facts that they owe Langston £24 million plus interest. Stop all this dodging around, forensic accountants etc etc.... Just pay up! It makes the club look stupid, at the end of the day the loan-notes were signed by members of the current board, the loan is all above board and they need to just get on with it! Whether it be Sam Hammam behind Langston or Alan "fecking" Sugar - the debt has to be paid - End of. (Simple terms) - You loan money - you pay it back!

Just Saying :ayatollah:

Re: Cardiff City creditor - Langston

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:26 pm

Merlin wrote:The Cardiff City board just need to face facts that they owe Langston £24 million plus interest. Stop all this dodging around, forensic accountants etc etc.... Just pay up! It makes the club look stupid, at the end of the day the loan-notes were signed by members of the current board, the loan is all above board and they need to just get on with it! Whether it be Sam Hammam behind Langston or Alan "fecking" Sugar - the debt has to be paid - End of. (Simple terms) - You loan money - you pay it back!

Just Saying :ayatollah:

end of the day i think they are doing the right thing. i dont trust Sam & Langston as far as i can throw them. dont get me wrong im glad sam came to cardiff. but i personally believe sam & Langston as the same person and its a debt he has wrote himself, i could be wrong but thats my beliefs the only person that knows the truth is sam. i would do the same things as TG and VT :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:31 pm

But the current board of directors etc etc - know the debt is Legit as they signed it off, so why F**K about with it.....

I don't want this to be a Sam related thread tbh, I have not wrote it so that we can all have a moan/praise Sam again etc etc...
My point is "Just sort out a valid debt" and be done with it, stop beating around the bush, and accept - it would be morally wrong to try and worm their way out of it! at the end of the day it's somebody's money and livelyhood, just pay it off! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:32 pm

Im sure they are finding out whether its valid or not!

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:36 pm

Merlin wrote:But the current board of directors etc etc - know the debt is Legit as they signed it off, so why F**K about with it.....

I don't want this to be a Sam related thread tbh, I have not wrote it so that we can all have a moan/praise Sam again etc etc...
My point is "Just sort out a valid debt" and be done with it, stop beating around the bush, and accept - it would be morally wrong to try and worm their way out of it! at the end of the day it's somebody's money and livelyhood, just pay it off! :ayatollah:

cant say i blame you with the sam bit :lol:
but if they are legit then yes pay it off. but they are multi-billionaires in business they will know better than anything if the paper work dont make sence. keep the faith. im sure couple of weeks ago annis mentioned something along the lines of this. :ayatollah: not 100% so dont shout at me if he didnt :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:39 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:Im sure they are finding out whether its valid or not!

In my opinion - ABSOLUTE RUBBISH! :lol:

We all know there's a valid loan due to be payed - and they are pussyfooting around with it.... pointless.

Just sort it out.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:41 pm

bluebird7291 wrote:
Merlin wrote:But the current board of directors etc etc - know the debt is Legit as they signed it off, so why F**K about with it.....

cant say i blame you with the sam bit :lol:
but if they are legit then yes pay it off. but they are multi-billionaires in business they will know better than anything if the paper work dont make sence. keep the faith. im sure couple of weeks ago annis mentioned something along the lines of this. :ayatollah: not 100% so dont shout at me if he didnt :lol:

I won't shout at you - But Annis might if you have misquoted him! :lol:

Besides - TG is NOT the billionaire here, VT is. They might have the know how in businesses - but Football business is a whole new can of worms! Don't open it! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:42 pm

Totally agree! but if it's all valid then we need to find a way to pay this back and stick to it :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:52 pm

i'm glad you see things so black and white, ho w's about letting vt and tg run the business side of our club and we do what we do best and talk about football and support our team

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Merlin wrote:

We all know there's a valid loan due to be payed - and they are pussyfooting around with it.... pointless.

Just sort it out.

How do u know it's valid! Do u have access to the CCFC accounts and SH accounts?? No u dont so we all know shit really!!!! :lol:

We only speculate!!

Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:56 pm

just tell sam and lagstone... KNOCKED!!! :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:02 pm

thehumblegringo wrote:i'm glad you see things so black and white, ho w's about letting vt and tg run the business side of our club and we do what we do best and talk about football and support our team

Bit of a cop out kind of reply if you ask me! and if all our threads were only talking about onfield activities then this message board would not exist! :lol:

If we dont sort out this particular debt, the most historic and largest one we have, which was signed off by board directors then we might not even have a club to support if it ends up you know where!

I can not believe the Malaysians passed up a chance to pay it off before Dec31st last year at a cost of what? £8m was it! what a saving that would have been! Maybe if that happened then they'd be 51% shareholders now - and not 49%

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:02 pm

It is my honest belief that if Sam/Langston issued court proceedings they would be paid off very quickly.

I understand their loan is unsecured but the Malaysians have sunk so much money into CCFC they might actually take less of a hit by paying Sam/Langston off (either cash/shares or a combination of both) rather than let the club go into either administration or liquidation.

Probably Sam/Langston is holding off until they spot the most opportune time to make their move, which might have something to do with promotion to the EPL?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:03 pm

CraigCCFC wrote:
Merlin wrote:

Just sort it out.

How do u know it's valid! Do u have access to the CCFC accounts and SH accounts?? No u dont so we all know shit really!!!! :lol:

We only speculate!!

HENCE WHY I SAID at the start of my post - IN MY OPINION ;) cheers sweet cheeks. x

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:04 pm

Tony Blue Williams wrote:

It is my honest belief that if Sam/Langston issued court proceedings they would be paid off very quickly.

I understand their loan is unsecured but the Malaysians have sunk so much money into CCFC they might actually take less of a hit by paying Sam/Langston off (either cash/shares or a combination of both) rather than let the club go into either administration or liquidation.

Probably Sam/Langston is holding off until they spot the most opportune time to make their move, which might have something to do with promotion to the EPL?

Thank you! GOOD POST! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:06 pm

OK - got to pop out now, my daughters birthday today - so carry on debating without me for a while! enjoy the thread! :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:32 pm

I'd actually disagree.

Debt supposed to be 24m - yet Langston willing to accept a hell of a lot less than that for early payment? The "mystery" as to the people/person behind Langston? The Malaysians aren't wet behind the ears, that tends to give out a funny smell.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:41 pm

nerd wrote:

I'd actually disagree.

Debt supposed to be 24m - yet Langston willing to accept a hell of a lot less than that for early payment? The "mystery" as to the people/person behind Langston? The Malaysians aren't wet behind the ears, that tends to give out a funny smell.

Being willing to accept a lower amount would actually go in Sam/Langston's favour if this matter went to court, as they would appear to be reasonable and willing to settle the matter without the intervention of the courts.

The actual identity to who is behind Langston is one big red herring, there is an agreement that the money is owed to LANGSTON and that’s who gets paid.

If Langston turnout to be a company owned by Sam Hammam then frankly that is irrelevant and certainly not an excuse to avoid paying legitimate debt.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:44 pm

nerd wrote:

I'd actually disagree.

Sam was willing to accept a reduced payment when things were amicable between him and the Malaysians. I think it will be a lot different now that the Malaysians have made public the FA. I would expect him to want the lot back now.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:50 pm

why should the malaysians pay it it not there debt and they dont own it there mearly investers ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:59 pm

ANDYBLUE wrote:why should the malaysians pay it it not there debt and they dont own it there mearly investers ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Exactly why should they.

Although I am of the opinion Sam/Langston dont want to bring the club down they have no choice but to take the club to court. If the court favour Sam then it wil be interesting ot see how he goes about getting his money. It is OK winning a court enforcement, it is another matter when it comes to getting your money.

I have a feeling that a few of the board members could end up having to pay some of this debt and I just have another feeling some of them are swetting.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:45 pm

Some fans are keep going on and on about this langston debt. Just leave it to VT and DC they do know what they are doing.I worked for an american company years ago that signed a deal with a malaysian company, the cost and everthing came to about $46 million. After about 7months the us company got into some money problems, and so decide to claim all sorts of wrong doing by the malaysian company. No way said the malaysian company we do everything by the book. Usa company you can see us in court. Ok said the malaysian enter the forensic accountants. 3yrs later in court Malaysians awarded all cost and save them selfs $40million and the usa company CEO serving 4yrs behind bars. We had lost our jobs long by then,but what made it so funny was the forensic accountants had found a $15,000 payment that the us company could not account for and that was there down fall. Langstons or sam or who ever there are dont want to f##k with these people. They take no prisoners.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:00 pm

merlin you seem to want to spend the malaysians money ,any way you can ,2 of your threads i have read today , 1 telling them to pay langstone (who knows what is owed if any)2 implying we need to spend money on players if we are going to be succesful this season, are you a spendaholic or what :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:36 pm

Would you pay £24m :lol: to someone without knowing who they were and indeed if that (unsecured) debt had nothing whatsoever to do with you. A debt that was run up by some dodgy, shadowy character from the murky past and may have been invented by that someone to feather their own nest?

I'm pretty sure that our Malaysian investors have not become very wealthy by making stupid business decisions when some prick shouts "you owe me, pay up" & I'll trust them to deal with the situation as they see fit.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:41 pm

roystonblue wrote:Some fans are keep going on and on about this langston debt. Just leave it to VT and DC they do know what they are doing.I worked for an american company years ago that signed a deal with a malaysian company, the cost and everthing came to about $46 million. After about 7months the us company got into some money problems, and so decide to claim all sorts of wrong doing by the malaysian company. No way said the malaysian company we do everything by the book. Usa company you can see us in court. Ok said the malaysian enter the forensic accountants. 3yrs later in court Malaysians awarded all cost and save them selfs $40million and the usa company CEO serving 4yrs behind bars. We had lost our jobs long by then,but what made it so funny was the forensic accountants had found a $15,000 payment that the us company could not account for and that was there down fall. Langstons or sam or who ever there are dont want to f##k with these people. They take no prisoners.

I'd be interested to read a bit more about this, can you tell me the names of both companies please - there should be plenty of info for me to google relating to it, cheers :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:41 pm

troobloo3339 wrote:merlin you seem to want to spend the malaysians money ,any way you can ,2 of your threads i have read today , 1 telling them to pay langstone (who knows what is owed if any)2 implying we need to spend money on players if we are going to be succesful this season, are you a spendaholic or what :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Yes I am :D

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:09 pm

There must be something in the accounts that they are not happy about, to get forensic accountants in seems to imply (In my opinion) that they think there has been wrongdoing. Time will tell.