Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" Earnies first interview !!!! "

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:08 pm

EARNIE RETURNS:
Posted on: Wed 06 Jul 2011

"It's going to be very, very special pulling on that blue shirt again - I can't wait!"

These were the words of a thrilled Robert Earnshaw, speaking for the first time to cardiffcityfc.co.uk following his return to Cardiff City.

"I wouldn't say the time's flown by," Earnie told us. "I've experienced such a lot in the last seven years since I left Cardiff for West Brom, but I'm delighted to finally be back here and I'm raring to get going again!

"I don't think the option of coming back to Cardiff had really been on before now. Obviously this time I was out of contract and felt that a move back to Cardiff could happen. I feel I can come back to my hometown Club now and give my best years.

"There was interest from other parties and options for me to look elsewhere, but I looked at the situation carefully and decided that this was the best place for me to come and play football again.

"The Club needs a lift and needs to be in the Premier League, and that's what I'm here to help us achieve. I feel great and I'm delighted to be home."

The thirty-year-old Welsh international had previously been at Nottingham Forest, though on expiration of his contract felt that a return home at this stage of his career was the correct choice.

"I think if I was thirty-five or thirty-six and looking to play one or two more years before ending my career then I wouldn't have come back to Cardiff City," Rob continued. "It just wouldn't have been right for me to do that at that stage I don't think.

"I'm still looking to improve and contribute to a successful team. I feel I can do that at Cardiff and I know I've got a lot of time left and a lot to offer. I know we and I can be successful."

Undoubtedly Earnie returns to a very different Club from the one he departed in 2004. But the Zambian born Bluebirds icon was adamant that certain things rang as true today as they did back at Ninian Park, saying: "Win, lose or draw I'll be giving everything out there in a Cardiff shirt as always.

"One thing Cardiff City supporters expect, regardless of the result, is total commitment from the players. If we give everything as a team then it'll go a big way to helping us achieve our goals.

"So much has obviously changed here, not to mention the obvious things like the new stadium and training facilities. It's going to be a new and different Cardiff City experience for me in many respects, but what I'm looking to do here is to carry on where I left of.

Re: Earnies first interview !!!!

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:15 pm

Awesome, that first quote in particular made the hairs on my arm stand up ("It's going to be very, very special pulling on that blue shirt again - I can't wait!"). Can't wait for the start of the season now :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:20 pm

i'm a fully grown (a bit too much) 32 year old....and my eyes just welled up reading that :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:22 pm

SeanJr wrote:Awesome, that first quote in particular made the hairs on my arm stand up ("It's going to be very, very special pulling on that blue shirt again - I can't wait!"). Can't wait for the start of the season now :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

this what we need players with passion and drive not these big earning pre madonnas who dont give a sh*t regarding the club and the fans :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:23 pm

Thats the attitude we want, which makes his signing so much more significant IMO as was when Bellamy was here.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:35 pm

Wow, got so emotional reading that, beyond amazing the commitment that earnie will bring to us :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:41 pm

more of a worthy sticky, than some of the rubbish up here :lol:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:45 pm

milly44 wrote:more of a worthy sticky, than some of the rubbish up here :lol:

about time you done something decent ;) ;) :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:48 pm

It's been emotional :ayatollah: :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Excellent words from a man with blue blood! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:21 pm

ADAM PRICE wrote:

:lol: Sniper ;) (Milly)

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:30 pm

Merlin wrote:
ADAM PRICE wrote:

:lol: Sniper ;) (Milly)

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:36 pm

I love Earnie. Cant wait to see him back in a blue shirt. He's got a great attitude and has always been totally respectful when playing against us. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: " Earnies first interview !!!! "

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:16 pm

The second coming has arrived......one love :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:58 pm

Just got back from hols from a very hot and sunny Ibiza to a wet Wales but Earnie has signed so I am chuffed to bits now :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:35 pm

I love Earnies smiling face

Who are Chopra and Bothroyd anyway ----forgot

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:13 am

Better players out there. No place for romance in football.