Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

JAY AND EARNIE

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:22 pm

I know Jay didnt do himself any favours after xmas, but am i the only one that thinks him and Earnie would be fantastic together?

Re: JAY AND EARNIE

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:25 pm

Yeah you are :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:27 pm

with the strikers that are left, and quotes of 2-3 mil, id think we should make a careful consideration of re signing jay..

people asking what about mccormack i def would prefer jay to him..

10k a week on a 2 yr deal is only just over 1mil in wages..

does he want to come back? does mm want him? do the fans want him?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:47 pm

Jimbo27 wrote:I know Jay didnt do himself any favours after xmas, but am i the only one that thinks him and Earnie would be fantastic together?

Jimbo, look at Earnie's interview above and he mentions that he and the fans demand 100% whilst in a City shirt. Jay went missing when we needed him most last season. Jay and Chopra can go and do what they like and we will see where they are and where we are come next May :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:50 pm

Id prefer Ross any day tbh ! I thought chops should of gone before him the first time !

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:00 pm

BEEP AHM wrote:
Jimbo27 wrote:I know Jay didnt do himself any favours after xmas, but am i the only one that thinks him and Earnie would be fantastic together?

Jimbo, look at Earnie's interview above and he mentions that he and the fans demand 100% whilst in a City shirt. Jay went missing when we needed him most last season. Jay and Chopra can go and do what they like and we will see where they are and where we are come next May :ayatollah:

I don't think Jay went missing when we needed him. I think the supply to him went missing. He performed in the big games against the big teams. I wouldn't mind having Jay back but I can't see it happening.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:20 pm

Valleybluebird wrote:Yeah you are :lol:

do you really think its that outrageous? On his day Jay is the best target man in the championship, he can hold the ball up and play deep and Earnie can stretch the back 4 with his pace and get in behind them! To me its perfect! No one can deny that before Jay's England call up he was in the top 3 players in the division. We can get him back on a FREE! What other target man with his quality is available on a free right now?

I completely agree that after his call up he wasnt the best, and their are plenty of questions marks regarding his attitude, but surely no one can say that he isnt a talented footballer, and when his head is right, he can be dynamite! Personally i think Jones let him get away with murder, whatever he did Jones would start him regardless. Mackay wouldnt stand for any messing and hopefully Jay will realise now that clubs aernt exactly beating his door down that he has to eat some humble pie and work hard!

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:21 pm

I don't think we can expect to see Jay back.

This is the first time I think for 3, maybe 4 years where the club has really felt together. Pro/Anti Ridsdale, pro/anti DJ and what 'ave you.

Malky seems to want to bring the team closer together, to trust and play for each other and for the badge, and based on his last interview the fans as well ( :ayatollah: ), so I don't think we can see expect to see a player who divides the fans as much as Jay.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:22 pm

RyanYdwI wrote:Id prefer Ross any day tbh ! I thought chops should of gone before him the first time !

I liked Rossco but him and Earnie wouldnt work together as they are both too small and would take up the same positions. I also think that Ross had more to his game than Chops! Jones ruined Rossco when he needlessly resigned Chopra!

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:25 pm

In regards to the question Jimbo I agree with you mate, Jay and Earnie would be an aswome partnership.

Would I want Jay back? Not sure to be honest, I would probably lean more to the 'yeah get him back' than the 'feck him' but only slightly.

:ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:53 pm

No, I agree....but Jay would need to eat some very humble pie beforehand!! :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:57 pm

I'd like to see Jay and Goodwillie

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:58 pm

A Jay that wants to play, A Jay that dosent take the piss out of its Fans yes defo. But Jay is a lazy selfish Player and after his antics last season should never ever pull on the Cardiff City top again.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:00 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:A Jay that wants to play, A Jay that dosent take the piss out of its Fans yes defo. But Jay is a lazy selfish Player and after his antics last season should never ever pull on the Cardiff City top again.

^^^^^^THIS

Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:17 pm

Nukes - can't fault what you say! Jay would have to eat some serious humble pie but on paper I think they would be terrific together! Unfortunately if Jay had the right attitude he would have been a premier league player years ago! Just wonder if Malky could sort him out or if he's a lost cause

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:21 am

didnt these fans who support jay bothroyd witness him falling over like a pussy every game? these were important games we needed to win only for him to sit on his arse waving his hands in the air crying to the ref..
could have been a great player but shite gutless attitude..

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:25 am

Jimbo, I think you are spot on mate.

JB was our best player and we should have bent over backwards to keep him here. Everyone saying that he went missing clearly didn't see the QPR game! And they also forget that the universaly accepted reason why we lost to Blackpool was Jay went off early on.

Get him back here or he'll warm the bench for Everton!

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:16 am

a season is 46 league games not just a few, players who pick what games to perfomin are a waste of space as far as im concernrd

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:22 am

completely understand what everyone is saying but lets not forget the guy still got 20 goals last season, including some very important ones against the likes of QPR and Leeds. He is still better than most other target men who are currently available and better value! I dont think his talent is questioned, its whether Mackay feels he could sort out his attitude and get him firing in every game. Before this season I think most would say that Jay was our most vital player and had showed a good attitude, something obviously went badly wrong after xmas but i still feel he could be a good player for us. You just have to take the rough with the smooth