Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Leadership Qualities

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:53 pm

Now that we have a new manager who do think Malky will select to be team captain this year with the CURRENT squad, last year we had a man with all the credentials to lead the team in Craig Bellamy he had passion, desire and a will to win and never give up he also wasn't afraid to tell his team mates to wise up if they were starting to play shit. Mark Hudson was vice captain but tbh as much as he started to play well last season I don't think he possesses the qualities to become a good captain ie someone who is commanding and shouting orders to the players on the pitch. I don't know much about our new signings but something tells me i think we're gonna have a new leader on the pitch this season if we don't have Bellers in the side I think it could be Don Cowie what does everyone else think do you think Hudson will be captain or will we have a new leader on the pitch

Re: Leadership Qualities

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:56 pm

Hudson or mcphail

Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:56 pm

ball boi

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:13 pm

ccfcninian wrote:Now that we have a new manager who do think Malky will select to be team captain this year with the CURRENT squad, last year we had a man with all the credentials to lead the team in Craig Bellamy he had passion, desire and a will to win and never give up he also wasn't afraid to tell his team mates to wise up if they were starting to play shit. Mark Hudson was vice captain but tbh as much as he started to play well last season I don't think he possesses the qualities to become a good captain ie someone who is commanding and shouting orders to the players on the pitch. I don't know much about our new signings but something tells me i think we're gonna have a new leader on the pitch this season if we don't have Bellers in the side I think it could be Don Cowie what does everyone else think do you think Hudson will be captain or will we have a new leader on the pitch

Hudson actually does communicate with the other players ? :?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Gerrard ? :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:49 pm

Kevin McNaughton or Don Cowie.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:54 pm

Just because a player shouts it doesn't make them a good captain. I'd your boss constantly shouts at you, in the end you take what they say with a pinch of salt. It's all about respect and IMO a captains role is more off the pitch than on it.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:28 pm

RyanYdwI wrote:Gerrard ? :ayatollah:

I think it could be Gerrard, Hudson or Cowie :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:25 pm

Whoever the capt is, as for qualities i would insist on:
A thourogh knowlegde of the "ETHOS" OF CARDIFF CITY
A unquestioned believe to the cause.
To show:
commitment
loyalty
integrity
passion
Heart on sleeve type attitude
willing to die for the cause
A educated footballer, who can read a game and talk on terms with his manager
ABOVE ALL, COMMANDS RESPECT FROM HIS TEAM MATES, THAT WILL FOLLOW HIM INTO NO-MANS LAND.
And a manager that will back him all the way, or fall on his sword if it went wrong.
I think we are getting ready guys, lets follow our leader. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:30 pm

supercoops wrote:Whoever the capt is, as for qualities i would insist on:
To show:
commitment
loyalty
integrity
passion
ABOVE ALL, COMMANDS RESPECT FROM HIS TEAM MATES, THAT WILL FOLLOW HIM INTO NO-MANS LAND.
And a manager that will back him all the way, or fall on his sword if it went wrong.
I think we are getting ready guys, lets follow our leader. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great post :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:35 pm

ccfcninian wrote:
To show:
commitment
loyalty
integrity
passion

cheers mate.. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:43 pm

ccfcninian wrote:
To show:
commitment
loyalty
integrity
passion

Agree with that great post.

Respect from team mates is vitally important, some need a kick up the bracket, others need a little TLC, so someone who is able to do both those things and still hold that respect will do a fine job IMO. Hard to choose any individual yet as our squad is still growing in numbers, but Gerrard certainly would be the first over the trenches if the going got tough.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Didn't Gerrard end up as captain for Hull City whilst on loan for them last season?

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:49 pm

ccfcninian wrote:Didn't Gerrard end up as captain for Hull City whilst on loan for them last season?

Yeah believe so, can't fault his commitment to the cause, his downfall could possibly be his temper.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:53 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:
To show:
commitment
loyalty
integrity
passion

Agree with that great post.

Respect from team mates is vitally important, some need a kick up the bracket, others need a little TLC, so someone who is able to do both those things and still hold that respect will do a fine job IMO. Hard to choose any individual yet as our squad is still growing in numbers, but Gerrard certainly would be the first over the trenches if the going got tough.

As long as manager and capt got a clear understanding of what is expected, and can be relayed to the team both off/on the pitch, and the players have faith in their desicions.. we will be ok :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:04 pm

CF64 BLUE wrote:
ccfcninian wrote:Didn't Gerrard end up as captain for Hull City whilst on loan for them last season?

Yeah believe so, can't fault his commitment to the cause, his downfall could possibly be his temper.

Bellers has a temper too I think Gerrard could have matured since coming back from Hull

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:40 pm

2blue2handle wrote:Hudson or mcphail

Mcphail cant be a captain as he will not start a game :lol: