Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

We Need A New goalkeeper

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:01 pm

which GK would you like to see?

i've said either Neil Alexander or Scott Loach

feel free to leave your thoughts guys and girls :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: We Need A New goalkeeper

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:03 pm

Marshall is fine!

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:03 pm

Don't think we need one at all.
Alexander would be a backwards step in what we got. Haven't seen enough of loach but we have two high earning keepers so signing another would be a bit crazy.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:04 pm

Cymru Am Byth wrote:which GK would you like to see?

feel free to leave your thoughts guys and girls :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Want want want :lol:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:07 pm

i just feel that Marshall is a bit weak in the penalty area, he doesn't command the box from corners,
and Heaton had nerves that wrecked him last season, and that resulted in Bywater.

Also, if one gets injured, we have a 19 year old GK in Jordan Santiago, who isn't experienced enough in my eyes

it's just my opinion, i may be wrong :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:09 pm

No we dont.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:16 pm

carlos cudicini on loan as he's third choice at spurs.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:20 pm

robert green may be available,

Jordan Santiago wont get any experience if we dont play him, seen him a couple times he not too bad

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Cymru Am Byth wrote:which GK would you like to see?

marshall or heaton are my choice :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:25 pm

A goalkeeper is last on the list in my opinion

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:25 pm

andythomas2 wrote:robert green may be available,

Jordan Santiago wont get any experience if we dont play him, seen him a couple times he not too bad

That will all change this season, especially with the reserve team fixtures and the additions of under 21's playing in the reserves as well. Which wont overload the 1st team at the same time.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:30 pm

There's gonna be a new goalkeeping coach (at least I hope so), so maybe he can sort out Marshall's apparent weakness in dominating his area, as for Heaton's nerves that's a little more worrying. I'd start with Marshall, don't see the need for a new goalie.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:08 pm

Meh Hennesey :lol: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:16 pm

Bring back Enckelman............

PLEASE

LMAO............joking

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:17 pm

Lornegan from Preston on a free

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:23 pm

dont think we need to spend money on a keeper, the ones we have are good enough and can improve..

if a better replacement becomes available for free then its worth looking at, but feel we need the cash to be spent else where.

we still need a couple of strikers and midfielders.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:44 pm

Keepers generally do not peak until 29-30 years old, Heaton is 25 and Marshall is 26 - THEY WILL IMPROVE!!!

Also don't generally buy the whole Heaton nerves thing - he was in many big games last season and played well, also against Middlesborough i was behind his goal and you could see he was not 100% recovered from his injury, Heaton is ny #1 choice next season - lets not waste money