Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Really Hope Earnie does'nt do a Koumas

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:04 pm

I really hope the signing of Earnshaw is a successful one, I do still think Earnies quality and he was excellent for us when he was here this season coming i believe he can take us up however i thought the same when Koumas came back to us last season. Koumas imo did a great job for us on his first spell but last season i know he had his issues and maybe injury problems but for me was a dissapointment but maybe DJ didnt give him much of a chance soi im hoping Earnie will be in the starting lineup regualr on not sitting on the bench !!! opinions ??

Re: Really Hope Earnie does'nt do a Koumas

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:10 pm

I think a bit of optimism is called for here. Koumas had injuries. Bit early to be thinking negatively methinks.. AS SUCH, so to speak

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:16 pm

no chance earnie knows all about what it means to play for us ...he,ll be a gem...he knows its all about effort ...unlike bothroyd

Re: Really Hope Earnie doesant do a Koumas

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:20 pm

Koumas head was gon, and he is at the end of his career. Different story will Earnie, he is coming home with still a couple of years in him. He is also moving home, close to his family and playing for a team he has supported all his life. So at the moment I think Earnie is on top of the world. :ayatollah:

I think with most of the outside pressures gone. Like where to live,which schools for the kids, babysitters etc. Earnie can just go out and enjoy his football.

Roll on next season :ayatollah:

Re: Really Hope Earnie doesant do a Koumas

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:23 pm

When Koumas came to us he was really unfit and was a bit part player at Wigan, plus I believe he'd lost faith in his own ability, Earnie on the other hand is fit and was an integral part of the Forest set up, he was in the starting line up 28 times last season and will be fired up to show us that he's still got that goal touch.

I'm not getting carried away by the romance of Earnie returning to the nest, when he was with us before he was always likely to get a goal or two, but was equally likely to be subbed as he was sometimes failing to make an impact ( remember the play off final v QPR)?

Earnie will score important goals for us of that I'm sure, but I've always thought that other parts of his game can be improved a little, he's a poacher plain and simple and as long as he gets good service from our playmakers he'll score.

So can't see him doing a Koumas on us, he'll pull his weight and put the hard yards in and hopefully give us around 15 goals next season. :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:26 pm

Its a easy one

Koumas didnt play for a whole season before he came to us whilst earnie was fit and proved to be a decent player for forest last season :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:43 pm

Warren of Merthyr wrote:I really hope the signing of Earnshaw is a successful one, I do still think Earnies quality and he was excellent for us when he was here this season coming i believe he can take us up however i thought the same when Koumas came back to us last season. Koumas imo did a great job for us on his first spell but last season i know he had his issues and maybe injury problems but for me was a dissapointment but maybe DJ didnt give him much of a chance soi im hoping Earnie will be in the starting lineup regualr on not sitting on the bench !!! opinions ??

Warren, You cant even compare them, Koumas always had problems, but in the past his talents were able to keep them hidden, Earnie is a True Professional to Football and Will continue to be a Legend. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:44 pm

earnies a cardiff boy. He'll fire himself up to perform for us, no doubt about that.

Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:44 pm

no way he will do a koumas, earnie was sharp & seriously on form towards the end of last season, look what he did to the jacks when he came on in the playoffs & the way he played for wales in the last 2 games!! he will do cardiff proud I am sure!! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:11 am

Earnshaw actually likes playing football and not a gambler

im sure he will love being back here koumas on the other hand his mind was always off the pitch

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:38 am

Forever Blue wrote:
Warren of Merthyr wrote:I really hope the signing of Earnshaw is a successful one, I do still think Earnies quality and he was excellent for us when he was here this season coming i believe he can take us up however i thought the same when Koumas came back to us last season. Koumas imo did a great job for us on his first spell but last season i know he had his issues and maybe injury problems but for me was a dissapointment but maybe DJ didnt give him much of a chance soi im hoping Earnie will be in the starting lineup regualr on not sitting on the bench !!! opinions ??

Warren, You cant even compare them, Koumas always had problems, but in the past his talents were able to keep them hidden, Earnie is a True Professional to Football and Will continue to be a Legend. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

What i mean is when Cardiff players come back to the city i hope their second spell is a success, really i should have mentioned chopra aswell as he was dissapointing for me last season round same as Koumas for example Getting my hopes up for something big to happen within the Bluebirds im sure Earnei will be a bigger hit than These 2. However i still think Chopras gonna come back to haunt us next season as i think it was a mistake in selling him before we had a new appointment. Koumas was a massive dissapointment for me last season considering his last stint if my point makes sense :lol: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: