Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

transfer fees WILL the club pay them?

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:27 am

It seems quite clear that the club do not want to pay transfer fees for palyers but seem ok paying higher wages.Do you think that is the right way to go?Do you think they should pay transfer fees for better players (or players still under contract)?WHAT are your views on this topic?

Re: transfer fees WILL the club pay them?

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:31 am

john52 wrote:It seems quite clear that the club do not want to pay transfer fees for palyers but seem ok paying higher wages.Do you think that is the right way to go?Do you think they should pay transfer fees for better players (or players still under contract)?WHAT are your views on this topic?

it makes great business sense not too :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:41 am

john52 wrote:It seems quite clear that the club do not want to pay transfer fees for palyers but seem ok paying higher wages.Do you think that is the right way to go?Do you think they should pay transfer fees for better players (or players still under contract)?WHAT are your views on this topic?

Do you think there's a problem with the quality of the players signed so far? We need to jump on free transfers before someone else snaps them up, players currently under contract, should we want to buy them, obviously takes longer to sort out.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:44 am

We need to strike a balance between the two. It was mentioned on here more than a few times last season that Swansea did so well by creating a team harmony through their wage structure. We had too many players on different levels of earnings and there was less of a structure to what our players earned and too many big-time Charlies. If we have high levels of earnings here again this season, we will just be back in the same boat as last season

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:55 am

when the bosman rule come into play the transfer market took a hammering,the four players we have signed s far hve all now got a transfer value even though we had them for free,for me the goodwillie transer is an interesting one the club have said they were willing to pay 2 million but now they seem to be back tracking because of his off field problems but they weere aware of this before they bid

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:02 am

ffs .we signed 4 players that majority on here are over the moon with, they could of signed for many other clubs ,all had other offers, they were free signing who to say if fees had been required we might have still signed them as these players are mm s pick ,how stupid are people who think we have to pay to get quality, good example bothroyd avaliable on free is he any good . :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:06 am

im sure when the need to spend fees arrive we will spend what ever is needed :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:19 am

Haven't we agreed a transfer fee of £2m+ for goodwillie??

Personally I'm delighted with what we have brought it for nothing, how much would our signings would have cost had they been in contract?

I'm sure we will see some bids going in once there are no free transfers left who are good enough for our club :thumbup:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:23 am

troobloo3339 wrote:im sure when the need to spend fees arrive we will spend what ever is needed :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

:ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:23 am

Some common sense needs to be applied here.

If they are free because they have choose to run their contract down then makes tremendous sense to get them. The likes of Cowie and Conway, would have commanded a transfer fee for sure if they didnt run their contract down. Thats great business from our manager and the board.

If we were just picking up frees because other championship clubs didnt want them then I could see cause for concern.

I think the fact all 4 players we have signed were wanted by other clubs in this division, and Rangers, and then choose us speaks for itself.

Well done Malkay and Gethin.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:49 pm

yes i agree but i do have reservations as to whether they WOULD pay a reasonable transfer fee for a player

Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:09 pm

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52570

Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:18 pm

polo wrote:Some common sense needs to be applied here.

If they are free because they have choose to run their contract down then makes tremendous sense to get them. The likes of Cowie and Conway, would have commanded a transfer fee for sure if they didnt run their contract down. Thats great business from our manager and the board.

If we were just picking up frees because other championship clubs didnt want them then I could see cause for concern.

I think the fact all 4 players we have signed were wanted by other clubs in this division, and Rangers, and then choose us speaks for itself.

Well done Malkay and Gethin.

Amen.