Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

" West Ham and Malky " Update " "

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:49 am

Had a meeting down the club regarding restrictions and ticket allocation for the forthcoming fixture at Upton Park last night. There are definitely pending problems on the horizon with the MET and SAG (safety Advisory Group) requesting certain types of restrictions, and then Cardiff City Football Club fighting for a better deal for us. At the moment there is a Mexican standoff situation arising. I been asked not to put the proposals in the public domain yet, but I will say in fairness to our club they are fighting tooth and nail for the best deal on our behalf, and refusing to accept what restrictions are trying to be imposed on us.

On another note I had an opportunity to meet Malky! What a breath of fresh air. Didn’t realise how Tall he is!! a passionate, hard working bloke who won’t suffer fools. He is keen to have lots of interaction with the supporters, and also the team which is music to our ears. He wants to set up forums around South Wales in relax atmospheres for QA session bringing along a couple of players, so I’ve been tasked along with the club and other supporters groups to set these forums up throughout the year. He has been very complimentary about our support and is looking to play the modern game of football where he expects players to be fit and work hard.

I am now looking even forward to the future after meeting him I think he will be the man to finally unite the club.

Re: West Ham update

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:53 am

What? A manager that wants fans on his side and is happy to take questions and opinions? can't be right :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:55 am

sounds great, better than that c**t dave moans :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:59 am

Thanks for the info.
Definetly positive regarding Malky.

I hope to god WHU is not a bubble. The idea of travelling to Cardiff from London to go back to London, then back to Cardiff and then back to London is not amusing.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:00 am

Brilliant news ...... get Malky up at Cwmaman Club like Sam did with Jeanne and Prior altho the consumtion of sheep's testicles can be overlooked this time :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:05 am

CF14-SE14 wrote:Thanks for the info.

I hope to god WHU is not a bubble. The idea of travelling to Cardiff from London to go back to London, then back to Cardiff and then back to London is not amusing.

I reckon it will be a bubble. I expect what the club are fighting for is the amount of tickets.

:( :( :(

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:07 am

Uncle Fester wrote:

I reckon it will be a bubble. I expect what the club are fighting for is the amount of tickets.

feck sake and all that on a sunday! :evil:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:09 am

Nice one Vince, that is positive news

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:11 am

CF14-SE14 wrote:
Uncle Fester wrote:

feck sake and all that on a sunday! :evil:

Sorry mate, I'm not saying it will be a bubble, but I certainly expect it will. :(
Hope it's not though, especially for exiles like yourself.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:26 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Brilliant news ...... get Malky up at Cwmaman Club like Sam did with Jeanne and Prior altho the consumtion of sheep's testicles can be overlooked this time :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Aberdare Rugby Club Mart ;) :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:42 am

blueheaven wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:Brilliant news ...... get Malky up at Cwmaman Club like Sam did with Jeanne and Prior altho the consumtion of sheep's testicles can be overlooked this time :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Hope the catering is up to it then Jeff , and that means NO sheeps balls :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:57 am

If you register as an Away Member you won't have to do this...exciles are exempt from bubbles and they just post your ticket out to you. Had to do this for Bristol City away a few years ago. Register (if not already) then contact the club when tickets are released.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:17 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:
blueheaven wrote:

Hope the catering is up to it then Jeff , and that means NO sheeps balls :lol: :lol: :lol:

I was at that infamous gathering at Cwamman and Gareth ended up on the front page of the Echo when it featured Sams visit i actually sampled the sheeps testicles :oops: but i am sure it turned out later that it was one of Sams
jokes and what we eat were not actually sheeps balls but there again knowing Sam we will probably never know :D

Anyway sheeps balls definitely off the menu at the Rugby Club :lol:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:09 pm

Great news Vince, perhaps he can get the players on away games to come over and clap us as well, whether they win, draw or lose, or is that pushing it too much...lol :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:51 pm

GREAT NEWS Vince regarding Malky :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Dave Jones put a Barrier between Our Club/Team and Fans, THE FUTURE NOW LOOKS BRIGHT :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:06 pm

fingers88 wrote:

If you register as an Away Member you won't have to do this...exciles are exempt from bubbles and they just post your ticket out to you. Had to do this for Bristol City away a few years ago. Register (if not already) then contact the club when tickets are released.

Being an ex-pat myself I have never asked for exemption from bubble trips, never had to tbh. However I do know a number of us ex-pats that have been given exemptions specially for the Leeds away game last season. I know a few that live in Leeds and they were allowed to go straight to the ground. I actually joined the forum coach at Derby hence why I did not request exception.

Anyway, I'm certainly going to be asking for it for the WHU game.

Re: " West Ham and Malky " Update " "

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Malky do the :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:11 pm

Great post Vince. The dawn of a new era :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:15 pm

Carefull of what we ished for :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:04 pm

Great news, i was at Cwmaman Club sheeps gonards were ok but Haggis and oat cakes much better :D We want Malky walking round the pitch :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:05 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:Carefull of what we ished for :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

oh will you cheer up u grumpy barthplug :D

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:18 pm

malky is a breath of fresh air to our club , malky do the ayatollah :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:06 am

fingers88 wrote:

Cheers, I didn't know you could ask for exemption, there's not been that many bubbles since I've moved away. I'm an away member anyway so that's all positive. :ayatollah:
Still rather no bubble though.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:23 am

Thats all excellent news Vince, I will be in Turkey when we play West Ham so best of luck to all those travelling and I hope any problems with travel arrangements are resolved. Also any chance of a Q&A asession in Bridgend mate