Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

2 ex City players enter 1st stage of management !

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:56 am

Aberaman Athletic are delighted to announce the appointment of a new management duo in Lee Jarman and Aberdare born Lee Phillips. Two highly experienced players looking to make their name in Welsh League management. 33 year old Jarman made 91 appearances for Cardiff City between 1995-1999 making his debut for them in a 3-2 win over Gillingham in the Football league trophy, last season he was at relegated Haverfordwest County in the Welsh Premier. Lee Phillips who is 32 made 16 appearances for Cardiff City, his debut coming in a 3-2 win over Hartlepool Utd. Latterly Phillips has been playing in the Welsh Premier for Llanelli and Carmarthen Town, making over 120 appearances for Llanelli over 2 spells.

Both players have played for Llanelli in the UEFA Cup. Jarman was part of the squad that came runners up in the Welsh Premier in 2010. Phillips captained Llanelli to the League Title during his first spell there.

The 2 of them will start pre-season training this Saturday with an open training session, players old and new are welcome to attend. All are requested to meet at Aberaman AFC Clubhouse at 11.30am, Saturday 9th July 2011.

The Club would like to thank Matt Collins and Greg Palmer for all the hard work they put in last season ensuring that the club retained its Division One status. Collins resigned recently due to a change in his work patterns.

Re: 2 ex City players enter 1st stage of management !

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:13 am

I will try and find my boots mart are you going to join me for pre season training :D

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:45 am

evans above wrote:I will try and find my boots mart are you going to join me for pre season training :D

Im not flying back from hols for a run out , no sorry . You go tho Tony , there's free Strongbow afterwards :lol:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:47 am

Vintage 63 wrote:
evans above wrote:I will try and find my boots mart are you going to join me for pre season training :D

Im not flying back from hols for a run out , no sorry . You go tho Tony , there's free Strongbow afterwards :lol:

now im tempted, bet chopra wished he had gone there now

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:50 am

Give him 2 or 3 more seasons and you never know :lol:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:55 pm

Best to luck to them :ayatollah: