Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHITTS GOING NOWHERE

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:28 pm

mackay said in press conference he's going no where and he wants to build team around him.good news,I think mackay will get the best out him.

Re: WHITTS GOING NOWHERE

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:30 pm

If True fantastic news :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

That is fair enough and a good move but he needs to surround Whitts with hard tackling midfielders.

Great news. :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:31 pm

Hope so.

Quality player, its a shame some of the peanuts in the stands cant see that.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:32 pm

Exactly what i wanted to hear

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:35 pm

So are we saying then that Whitts now has more chance of the centre MF spot than Mac Phail alongside Cowie ??

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:37 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:So are we saying then that Whitts now has more chance of the centre MF spot than Mac Phail alongside Cowie ??

Whitts is best out wide.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:45 pm

One of the best things malky has said :D.
But please play him on the wing!

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:47 pm

i hope he stays i think whitts his a class act :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:58 pm

great news big asset 2 our side cumon tha bluebirds :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:59 pm

Great news, assumed once norwich paid over the top for pilkington that he would stay cos MM rebuffed any overtures from norwich. Whitts was brilliant at the back and of last season and if MM builds a team around him, that will further give him the chance to showcase his excellent passing and shooting skills :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:51 pm

Hope so, quality player, agreed need to allow him to drift wide to stretch the field.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:58 pm

Vintage 63 wrote:So are we saying then that Whitts now has more chance of the centre MF spot than Mac Phail alongside Cowie ??

Whitts needs to be played wide its his best position, no real pace but his quality is exceptional. and lets not forget unlike bellamy he does track back to help the full back. Bellamy needs to be played up front if he comes back

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:06 pm

Yes Yes Yes Yes, please make this happen. Whitts in the middle and McPhail on the bench.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:50 pm

Happy days ! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:03 pm

I'd play diamond to be honest at the moment, possible line up, including other targets.

Heaton

Taylor
Gerrard
Hudson
McNaughton

Cowie (CDM)
Conway (LM)
Whitts (CAM) - free role
Burkes replacement (RM)

Earnshaw (ST)
Another Striker, Possibly Goodwillie or Bellamy (doubtful)

Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:41 pm

tom270790 wrote:

Whitts needs to be played wide its his best position, no real pace but his quality is exceptional. and lets not forget unlike bellamy he does track back to help the full back. Bellamy needs to be played up front if he comes back

WHAT??? Whitts tracks back unlike Bellamy? Bellamy runs about 5 times as far as Whitts in every game!

I cannot understand what games you have been watching (certainly nt BUrnley away when he refused to go within 10 yards of an opponent). Whittingham would struggle to tackle my 3 year daughter!

That said, if we surround him with players to do his share of the work then his passing, crossing and free kick abilities can shine!

Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Howey1927 wrote:
tom270790 wrote:

WHAT??? Whitts tracks back unlike Bellamy? Bellamy runs about 5 times as far as Whitts in every game!

I cannot understand what games you have been watching (certainly nt BUrnley away when he refused to go within 10 yards of an opponent). Whittingham would struggle to tackle my 3 year daughter!

That said, if we surround him with players to do his share of the work then his passing, crossing and free kick abilities can shine!

Iv seen whitts play since he came here and bellamy does not track back he may run alot yes but all of that is up front leaveing the full back to get skinned (naylor, JLS) he needs to be played wide where he scored most of his goals and bellamy needs to play up front where he can attack and not worry about running back to the other side of the pitch.

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:07 pm

ngriffiths wrote:mackay said in press conference he's going no where and he wants to build team around him.good news,I think mackay will get the best out him.

Have told everyone this, told me to many times how happy he is

Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:44 pm

Fantastic news. Its like making another signing.
Great player. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:42 pm

I agree wid u polo some fans don't know have a clue and they are the ones who always pipe up when the chips are down whitts for me is pure class and like someone else said a couple of hard tacklers around him and earnie making runs whitts will run the show and earnie will bag a shed full! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:05 pm

Gr8 news, always liked Whitts tbh,
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:08 pm

cecilccfc wrote:
ngriffiths wrote:mackay said in press conference he's going no where and he wants to build team around him.good news,I think mackay will get the best out him.

Have told everyone this, told me to many times how happy he is

In my mind, Whitts best position is centre midfield. we played a home game last year (cant remember which), where he looked like Beckham. Put a ball trough for Chops which he scored.

Wouldn't sell him for several million.

Him and Cowie will do us proud.
:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:40 pm

polo wrote:

Whitts is best out wide.

Disagree i think he is better in the middle

Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:08 am

johnnyjan4-69 wrote:
polo wrote:

Whitts is best out wide.

Disagree i think he is better in the middle

Agree to disagree then but I would point to the fact he had his best season for us out wide, and cant tackle which is a must for a centre midfielder.