Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Can us Bluebirds go up this season, is so how?

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:22 pm

Each season, Cardiff City Football Club have progressed, but now with a new generation dawning, can we go that one better again and this time get promoted??
What do u think Bluebirds?? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Can us Bluebirds go up this season, is so how?

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:24 pm

yeah why not! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:25 pm

Be happy with a top 10 finish this season TBH... :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:26 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:yeah why not! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

but why, how, what players??? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Yes don't see why we couldn't, new manager has come in and has been fantastic so far and has made some excellent signings, the whole vibe of the club has changed (for the better) and with the best fans in the world behind a very good squad we're destined for the big time sooner rather than later :ayatollah: :D :D

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:27 pm

gwbluearmy! wrote:
brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:yeah why not! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

but why, how, what players??? :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Just get the numbers in, i don't really care about names as long as they want to play for the club and are of good quality, Mackay's tactics and attitude could get us up! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:28 pm

Bluebird_steve wrote:Yes don't see why we couldn't, new manager has come in and has been fantastic so far and has made some excellent signings, the whole vibe of the club has changed (for the better) and with the best fans in the world behind a very good squad we're destined for the big time sooner rather than later :ayatollah: :D :D

ur right with the best fans!! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
but we were the best fans last year:L :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:31 pm

gwbluearmy! wrote:
Bluebird_steve wrote:Yes don't see why we couldn't, new manager has come in and has been fantastic so far and has made some excellent signings, the whole vibe of the club has changed (for the better) and with the best fans in the world behind a very good squad we're destined for the big time sooner rather than later :ayatollah: :D :D

We've always had the best fans :D ,the difference this year is MM and the fact that he is building a TEAM instead of the bunch of individuals that played under DJ and they will play for the badge instead of themselves :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:33 pm

Bluebird_steve wrote:
gwbluearmy! wrote:

We've always had the best fans :D ,the difference this year is MM and the fact that he is building a TEAM instead of the bunch of individuals that played under DJ and they will play for the badge instead of themselves :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

this should be exactly what happens :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: but is that enough to get us promotion??
We need to get a couple of house hold names, bellamy etc. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:44 pm

but we were the best fans last year:L :ayatollah:[/quote]

We've always had the best fans :D ,the difference this year is MM and the fact that he is building a TEAM instead of the bunch of individuals that played under DJ and they will play for the badge instead of themselves :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote]

this should be exactly what happens :D :ayatollah: :ayatollah: but is that enough to get us promotion??
We need to get a couple of house hold names, bellamy etc. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:[/quote

Yes It would be nice to get house hold names (especially bellers) but it's not essential as you just have to look at Norwich and even the jacks, they went up without the big names but with very good squads :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:50 pm

Big names arent as important as a passionate manger who can get the best out of his players. I'm looking forward to this season more so than any other if we get there (promotion) great as long as we dont go into the season expecting it. Onwards and upwards :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:55 pm

last season Swansea and Norwich had players from liverpool and chealse who were on lone, or even baught, the couldn't quite make it at those clubs, maybe we could do the same??

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:58 pm

gwbluearmy! wrote:last season Swansea and Norwich had players from liverpool and chealse who were on lone, or even baught, the couldn't quite make it at those clubs, maybe we could do the same??

yeah know what you're saying but they weren't in the class of bellers were they, they were just very good championship players which seems to be what we're doing this season which I am actually very excited about :ayatollah: :D

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:20 pm

Bluebird_steve wrote:
gwbluearmy! wrote:last season Swansea and Norwich had players from liverpool and chealse who were on lone, or even baught, the couldn't quite make it at those clubs, maybe we could do the same??

yeah know what you're saying but they weren't in the class of bellers were they, they were just very good championship players which seems to be what we're doing this season which I am actually very excited about :ayatollah: :D

good point !

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:24 pm

im not saying yes nor am i saying no

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:10 pm

i'd love to say we are going to smash it...

but i think we will adapt our game to slick style of football
which is basically your stereotypical good championship side...

and their are loads

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:01 pm

I think we've got a good chance of being competitive this season under Malky and we could do good things if the team gels. But I don't think Malky should be under any pressure to deliver promotion in his first season - should be allowed time to build a team and squad.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:46 pm

Bluebird_steve wrote:Yes don't see why we couldn't

I do.

Unrealistic expectations borne from the last 4 years at this club and the hundreds of "new" and vaguely plastic fans that may have turned up of late (the boo boys, basically).

A brand new squad.

A brand new manager. Brand new coaching staff.

All have to gel.

This doesn't happen straight away.

We need to give it time. IF we go up; chuffed.

If not, but we show signs of eradicating the debts and surviving in this league and gelling as a team and as a club, then still, chuffed.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:36 pm

I agree with the last two posts, I'm looking forward to a season with less expectation. Building for the future takes time, and I'm willing to give our new manager the time he needs, I'm just glad we've got one who's like a breath of fresh air.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:12 pm

i have more expectation this season than last. be disappointed with anything outside top 6. be a strong league this year a top 6 finishing will be hard though.