Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: " Aron Gunnarsson "

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:03 pm

taffyapple wrote:Whittingham
Gunnarsson
Cowie
Conway

You'll struggle to find a better midfield in this division.

Those four could do a job in the Premiership together. Fact.

^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^
^^^
^
THIS

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:44 am

That's to be seen yet !

Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:49 am

I really do hope we sign him as he would be a brilliant signing. I have always admired him as a player, even before he joined Coventry and he was with AZ Alkmaar. I really do think that with Gunnarsson and Cowie in the centre of midfield, with Conway on the left wing and a new right winger who is a great crosser of the ball and who has lots of pace, we would have one of, if not the best midfield outside of the Premiership. Added to that the possible partnership of Goodwillie and Earnshaw upfront, I'm sure that we will be challenging for promotion this season.

Bloooooooooooooooooooooobirds

The future looks so bright for all City fans these days.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:02 am

Gunnarsson stats ...... regular player but doesnt chip in with many goals , BUT ???

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... son_id=140

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:39 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Gunnarsson stats ...... regular player but doesnt chip in with many goals , BUT ???

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/playe ... son_id=140

How many has Mcphailure scored Martyn :lol:
A great new fresh start with some very promising players coming in :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:30 am

hope its true,would be a great addition to the team :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:43 pm

would he need a work permit cos hes from iceland? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:54 pm

SamCCFC1927 wrote:would he need a work permit cos hes from iceland? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'd imagine he'd already have one as he been working in britain already. Not sure how long they last mind. I don't remember Ndumbu Nsungu needing one for us before.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:19 pm

I'm so exicited about the new campaign, having a new passionate manager is the best thing along with players who want to prove their worth :ayatollah: I can see us, the fans being more vocal this season! :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:20 pm

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

CARDIFF SECURE GUNNARSSON MOVE
Posted on: Fri 08 Jul 2011

Cardiff City are pleased to announce the signing of former Coventry City free-agent and Icelandic international Aron Gunnarsson. The paperwork has been completed and is now subject to Football League approval along with the matter of training compensation between both clubs.

Midfielder Aron becomes the Bluebirds' fifth summer signing and on Saturday morning will travel with Malky Mackay's squad for the pre-season trip to Spain.

The first chance to see Aron in the blue of Cardiff, along with all of the new signings and squad will be on Wednesday July 20 as we host Celtic at Cardiff City Stadium. For tickets follow the link below.

Twenty-two year-old Aron began his professional career in his homeland with Akureyri in 2005, before moving to Dutch side Alkmaar the following season. In 2008 he moved to England and Coventry City, spending three seasons with the Sky Blues prior to the expiration of his contract at the end of last season.