Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Belief is building!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:22 pm

MMs conduct in the media and the transfer market has been virtually faultless up until this point...its going to be hell of a disappointment when he makes a mistake! :lol:

He's making Del boy look like Trigger with his wheeling an dealing - Taylor, Conway, Cowie, Earnie, and now Gunnarrson all on frees...leaving a sizeable chunk of the transfer budget availablefor a certain player at Eastlands I would imagine ;)

I for one cannot wait to watch his team play at CCS - a young, hungry, cohesive outfit who are training to play the game the right way whilst seemingly unifying the whole club...it could well be a hugely enjoyable season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Belief is building!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:44 pm

You never know ! :ayatollah:

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:41 pm

I Think this is the tactic, the Eastland’s player has been now linked to every club in the world which i believe is mere subterfuge. I think the people behind the scenes have become fairly good spin doctors and pulling in a few favors from influential Scottish managers to create more diversion was a masterstroke. If you think about it the previous link with Celtic was a complete joke, as if he was going to be living here and going there to play, this only makes sense to an idiot or an English journo, or of course someone from Talksport

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:54 am

jhippno wrote:I Think this is the tactic, the Eastland’s player has been now linked to every club in the world which i believe is mere subterfuge. I think the people behind the scenes have become fairly good spin doctors and pulling in a few favors from influential Scottish managers to create more diversion was a masterstroke. If you think about it the previous link with Celtic was a complete joke, as if he was going to be living here and going there to play, this only makes sense to an idiot or an English journo, or of course someone from Talksport

Good points :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:22 am

I hope there is more synergy with the youth team this season and getting them to play the same way as the first team :ayatollah:

Also any plans to play more reserve games this season? I still think it is a big ask for fringe players or players returning from injury to step straight into the first team without playing a game or 2 for the reserve team :?:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:34 am

Excellent post :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:21 am

Got to agree. The signings we have made without spending a penny just shows what an attractive option we now are to players who can chose to go anywhere. oh how times have changed :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:54 am

JonScam wrote:MMs conduct in the media and the transfer market has been virtually faultless up until this point...its going to be hell of a disappointment when he makes a mistake! :lol:

He's making Del boy look like Trigger with his wheeling an dealing - Taylor, Conway, Cowie, Earnie, and now Gunnarrson all on frees...leaving a sizeable chunk of the transfer budget availablefor a certain player at Eastlands I would imagine ;)

I for one cannot wait to watch his team play at CCS - a young, hungry, cohesive outfit who are training to play the game the right way whilst seemingly unifying the whole club...it could well be a hugely enjoyable season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Spot on Jon :ayatollah: This i hope is the way things work out at Eastlands :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:54 am

Middlesboro buit a great team last summer

but they were shiiite

Norwich and Swansea expected mid table

With this many changes and a new manager Its a lottery who knows how it will transpire

Still i know what you mean-- change in itself breeds optomism --im excited

Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:41 am

I don't really share this optimism.

I would expect nothing more than mid-table this season, consolidation as the newbies and the gaffer all get to know the old heads in the team and we get the debts sorted out.

I've said it before and I will again, this is a three year job for Malky and I won't be judging him until well into next season, not this one.

Once again it seems the expectations and excitable attitude of our fans has outstripped the reality. It's a worry, but as long as it gets the fans on their feet, into the ground and stood up and singing I don't mind.

As long as the boos stay away. It'll help that we won't have to measure ourselves up against the inbreds from down West this season - and we can focus on what we're doing - I know that they won't be doing that, that's for sure.