Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Re: Leicester to bid £4.5 million for Maynard!!!

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:54 am

I'm pretty sure all clubs (including Leicester) entered into a gentlemans agreement regarding these fair play rules about finances. It's not actually a rule but all 24 championship clubs agreed to try and abide by the same rules. Leicester however seem to have their own plans. They are fked if they don't go up

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:47 am

is it me or are leicester the new man city of the championship? they've bought the bloody league like QPR did

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:49 am

Is there anyone they're not after?? They can splash the cash all they want, money dont buy you a team.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:56 am

supercraig039 wrote:Is there anyone they're not after?? They can splash the cash all they want, money dont buy you a team.

QPR done it, and they finished top of the league. not looking forward to play leicester

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:10 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:
supercraig039 wrote:Is there anyone they're not after?? They can splash the cash all they want, money dont buy you a team.

QPR done it, and they finished top of the league. not looking forward to play leicester

It took them a few years and a fair amout of chopping and changing of managers to eventually get there, think im just trying to clutch at straws in the hope that Leicester dont run away with the league :lol:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:14 am

Bridgend_bluebird wrote:is it me or are leicester the new man city of the championship? they've bought the bloody league like QPR did

How exactly did QPR buy the League {last season]?

They were the best of an average division.

It'll all go pear shaped for Leicester.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:16 am

Danny Says wrote:
Bridgend_bluebird wrote:is it me or are leicester the new man city of the championship? they've bought the bloody league like QPR did

How exactly did QPR buy the League {last season]?

They were the best of an average division.

It'll all go pear shaped for Leicester.

im pretty sure they bought alot of players last season. Best of an average division or bitterness? ;) :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:51 am

This time last year there was a clear favourite for the league because of their pre-season spending. Middlesborough.

Wonder what happened to them ;)

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:53 am

LlwyncelynBlue wrote:

This time last year there was a clear favourite for the league because of their pre-season spending. Middlesborough.

Wonder what happened to them ;)

bare in mind they bought alot of scottish players :lol:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:09 am

they still have sven as manager mind guys.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:01 am

I said weeks ago when they were after this player or that player and snapping up the other thatthey are beginning to build with a definate signal of intent to go up. However if they don't go up an after all nout is guaranteed in this league, how many of the cheques being written out will become 'loan notes', just like hammam did to us.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:18 pm

If they continue to spend it will take at least the first 12 games to gel and even then it isn't a given.

They've bought in some good players but they've heaped massive pressure and expectations on themselves.

They were 10th last season without being of any significant importance in the league and only really had King and Bamba who were stand out players.

They'll need more than 4 players to be a credible threat this season I think, particularly for automatic promotion

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:43 pm

What would they want with a cricketer? :old: