Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Craig Bellamy - Man City - Contract!

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:22 am

Craig Bellamy has stated his wages are more important to his own academy kids in Sierra lionne than himself. He WILL NOT walk away from the remainder of his contract which stands to pay him £3.9m! And I don't blame him, at the end of the day a contract works BOTH ways and Man City entered into it as well. Craig wants Cardiff, and Man City don't want Craig. I think they might have to stump up the cash!

Watch this space!

Re: Craig Bellamy - Man City - Contract!

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 am

If bellamy wants his 80k a week he wil have to stay at Man City

They wont do a deal like last year and no one is going to pay him more than 30k

Bellers is holding the Ace cards if is a stand off but unless he wants to have a year off gardening leave he will have to accept a settlement.

My guess is that hw will be signed by a club like Stoke or Bolton or West Ham for a fee of three million with 30 k a week wages.

Malkey doesnt want him in my opinion.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:45 am

I dsagree! No manager in the league would refuse a talented local lad with premiership qualities!! Malky will want Bellamy, as he brings more than quality to a football club. It's all about Bellamy and man city coming to an agreement! I can't see him playing for anyone but Cardiff, and man city won't want to pay £4m in wages to a player they won't use....

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:17 am

Merlin, totally agree with u, however I'm led to believe from a very close and I mean close source that we may get news on craig this sunday!!! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:20 am

Didn't Malcky recently say that the deal wont happen so he is isn't giving it any attention? I havent really been convinced that malcky wants him either in all honesty! I never get the vibes that he will do his best to bring him into the club! He might just be realistic and playing it down but thats the feeling i get!!

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:28 am

No Malkey did not say that, listen to the interview that someone posted last night, he keeps refering to Cardiff City as "WE" when saying about our club, last 7 minutes or so sounds like he is still playing for us :thumbup:

http://www.epltalk.com/craig-bellamy-in ... sive-32859

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:33 am

Merlin wrote:I dsagree! No manager in the league would refuse a talented local lad with premiership qualities!! Malky will want Bellamy, as he brings more than quality to a football club. It's all about Bellamy and man city coming to an agreement! I can't see him playing for anyone but Cardiff, and man city won't want to pay £4m in wages to a player they won't use....

Agreed, this whole situation was always going to pan out like it has because Man City do not want him as a player or on their books and they want to get as much for him as possible. So there is 0% chance that CB will be contracted to MC at the start of the season. CB has stated many times that he wants Cardiff and does not see the need to go anywhere else. Even the money argument to support the Sierra Leone kids is a little farfetched. It is stated that there are 13 kids relying on his wages. These kids must be living it up on £6923 per week each; I am guessing that living costs in this part of the world are not too high??

CB states that he still has not even spent his Newcastle United money and this was money earned 6 years ago and if he has been earning a couple if Million a year since you can see that money is not necessarily short, even if he is supporting his charity. Perhaps the Malaysians want to invest in the Sierra Leone charity and also turn it into an academy?? This would be a low cost feeder for our own academy.

All this aside with the problems that Man City have with many high profile unused and unwanted players they should be mindful that this has a good chance to dissuade other high profile prospective players to avoid them as if favor goes against they may be left out to rot. Adebeyour has today slated Man City for leaving him out of the pre-season U.S tour and not having the balls to tell him face to face, this sets a bad president that I am sure Man city would be well advised to resolve as they do not want to have the reputation of a club which shits on people.

The Press/public relations spin machines are all in full effect and it’s going to end up becoming a game of chicken and see who blinks first. Mackay thus far has spent nothing on transfers and would likely have a few quid in his back burner, DG and CB will be the planned purchases

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:07 am

Igovernor wrote:No Malkey did not say that, listen to the interview that someone posted last night, he keeps refering to Cardiff City as "WE" when saying about our club, last 7 minutes or so sounds like he is still playing for us :thumbup:

http://www.epltalk.com/craig-bellamy-in ... sive-32859

He also states in that last seven minutes that if he and man city can come to an agreement over his contract (a buy out) there is only one place he his going, cardiff city!!!!!

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:42 am

Ok thats a fair one and listening to that has made me more optimistic about the situation!! I wish they would hurry up and sort something out! The speculation is killing me!

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:49 am

Like I said ages ago, he isn't going to just give up on nearly 4m.

We will get him if man city pay him up
Or
Loan him like last season.

To me these have only ever been options.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:52 am

mjm never says he doesnt want bellamy all he has said is he is man city player i will only talk about my players he keeps his intersts close to his chest so as to stop others usurping our targets,rightly so in my opinion

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:06 pm

Personally hope he doesn't join if we are going to buy him for 4 million rather get Maynard Bellamy only has 2 years max left