Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy interview in today's Telegraph .

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:23 am

Very interesting read and he clearly indicated why he needs to have his £80k per week salary to part fund his Acadamy / Foundation in Sierra Leone , plus the article also mentions why Man C wont loan him out this season .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... llamy.html

Re: Bellamy interview in today's Telegraph .

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:28 am

Another article on why he joined Cardiff etc

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/footba ... tball.html

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:33 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Another article on why he joined Cardiff etc

As Nerd said earlier in the week CB situation is all about reaching a mutual agreement regarding buying out his contract. Then it will be all about how much our club would be prepared to pay him but reading between the lines it seems he is resigned to the fact that our club will not splash the cash on him.

No doubt for me he wants to be at Cardiff again and one thing we all know about CB and that is he gets wehat he wants more than any other player I've known. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:38 am

My gut feeling is that he WILL be at Cardiff come September :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:52 am

Vintage 63 wrote:My gut feeling is that he WILL be at Cardiff come September :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

I've got the same feeling. :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:55 am

castleblue wrote:
Vintage 63 wrote:My gut feeling is that he WILL be at Cardiff come September :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

We usually all agree.
Gary and Martyn, I don't think City will pay his wages in full, So I personally can not see him coming that soon.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:58 am

Celtic just wont pay £80K per week on top of a transfer fee of around £4mil ...... infact even on loan Celtic cant afford him plus if you read between the lines then if a Man C pay off occurs Cardiff ARE his club of choice . Other options are a loan to a lesser Prem team which Bellars doesnt or a transfer but who can you see buying him ? Man C will be throwing away £80k per week if he stays and only £50k per week if he comes to Cardiff ....... watch this space :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:00 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Celtic just wont pay £80K per week on top of a transfer fee of around £4mil ...... infact even on loan Celtic cant afford him plus if you read between the lines then if a Man C pay off occurs Cardiff ARE his club of choice . Other options are a loan to a lesser Prem team which Bellars doesnt or a transfer but who can you see buying him ? Man C will be throwing away £80k per week if he stays and only £50k per week if he comes to Cardiff ....... watch this space :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Martyn, I can see this going on in to the season.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:06 am

Meanwhile Malky slowly but surely builds a decent team without him for now and NOT costing a lot unlike Leicester , Annis we do agree tho as in the fact Cardiff wont pay him full wages :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:23 am

Lads he will not be joining celtic I've mentioned this numerous times it won't happen however I'm confident that there will be a big decision this weekend regarding craig. :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:27 am

Forever Blue wrote:
castleblue wrote:

We usually all agree.
Gary and Martyn, I don't think City will pay his wages in full, So I personally can not see him coming that soon.

Annis;

Man City don't want CB and he doesn't want to be there in my opinion what he is saying is I've got a contract if you want me to go then pay it up. CB is holding the aces here and I think they will make an offer to settle his contract and then he will be a free agent.

Once that is done I think he will sign for Cardiff probably on a 2 year deal and not on £90k a week.

The question is will our owners still fancy paying the £30k a week because in my opinion that would be OK with CB.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:
Last edited by castleblue on Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:30 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Meanwhile Malky slowly but surely builds a decent team without him for now and NOT costing a lot unlike Leicester , Annis we do agree tho as in the fact Cardiff wont pay him full wages :ayatollah: :D :ayatollah:

I'm not getting to excited by the money Leicester are spending afterall they have the Swedish version of Dave Jones in Sven.
I mean Beckham and now Hargreaves :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It will all end in tears there in my opinion. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:31 am

Perhaps if he could persuade the Malaysians to invest in his Sierra Leone project then that might offset some of his wages? I was wondering if this was one of the reasons he had the meetings with them.

Speculation, but possible I would have thought.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:34 am

castleblue wrote: nnis;

Man City don't want CB and he doesn't want to be there in my opinion what he is saying is I've got a contract if you want me to go then pay it up. CB is holding the aces here and I think they will make an offer to settle his contract and then he will be a free agent.

Once that is done I think he will sign for Cardiff probably on a 2 year deal and not on £90k a week.

The question is will our owners still fancy paying the £30k a week because in my opinion that would be OK with CB.

I agree with this and could Bellamy also consider sueing Man City for constructive dismissal, the same as Adebayor seems to be considering? :ayatollah:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sp ... m-out.html

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:12 am

This article is very interesting because it sets out CB's priorities and it seems those are still to preferably play for Cardiff but also to get the money he is due for his last year of his contract.

He would obviously be happy with a loan where Man City make up the wages the loaning club don't pay him but Man City don't want to do this. He has also stated he doesn't want to go to another premiership club.

Estimates of his weekly wage ranges from 70k-90k, taking an average of 80k and the estimate that a new club would pay him up to 30k then there is a 50k difference to make up or 2.6m over the year.

My thinking is that if Man City could get 4m for him then they could pay off Bellamy to the tune of 2.6m and still have change after agents fees etc. That sort of bid would only come from another premiership club and Bellamy is not keen on that. If they could get 3m then they would be able to pay him off and have no change, a fee of 1.5m would see them having to pay half of the 2.6m out of the transfer fee and half out of their own pocket.

Therefore I think they are holding out for 3m but as it gets closer to the transfer deadline then they may accept closer to 1.5m. If they don't then they will be paying him wages until at least Christmas with only option a loan deal to get some of the wages paid by another club.

So if he is Man City reserves all season then they pay him 4.16m wages, on loan it is 2.6m and with a 1.5m transfer it is effectively only 1.3m.

I'd be happy to pay 1.5m for him if the money truly is there to spend.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:15 am

100% all of this is just psychological smoke and mirrors

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:16 am

What if Leicester offer Man C the £4mil transfer fee and will pay him £80k per week ?? Stranger things happeing .

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:42 am

By the sounds of things Bellers might be in line for a gap year :lol:

I'm sure Man City wont want a cranky Bellers around for a year throwing chairs at people but no one seems forthcoming on buying him though.

I think this may drag on and Man City will end up giving in.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:08 am

Uefa's new financial fair-play rules came into effect this season. Clubs will be banned from europe if their outlay is substancially more than their income. Man City need to get him and others off their books to fall in line, Man City will be forced to come to some agreement to offload him and other high earners.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:16 am

In regard to Cbs wages I think the best we could do is £30,000 per week plus a big bonus if we go up! I'm sure we can agree something suitable with CB and I can see Man City just wanting him off the wage bill if he refuses to go elsewhere! Come end of August he will be home again!

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:09 am

Vintage 63 wrote:Another article on why he joined Cardiff etc

The full article is a long but excellent read and gives you a real insight into Bellamy and what is important to him. He clearly states that his first preference if he leaves Man City is to come home to Cardiff. But and it's a big But he doesn't want to give up his wages due because he needs it for his Academy in Sierra Leonne.

I think something will break shortly between Craig and Man City and they will agree to pay up the balance of Craigs contract but at a reduced rate the balance that Craig is then owed perhaps 1.5m could then be made up by the next Club he signs for whoever that might be :D

Come on Craig come home :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:25 am

castleblue wrote:

Annis;

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

I'm confident that the Malaysians will be happy to continue with the agreement they had last year. So much so I feel this will be aside to the budget they have given MM. MM has signed up some good freebies at the moment, I think this has impressed the Malaysians, so far it looks like things could end up under budget.

bluebird58 wrote:Perhaps if he could persuade the Malaysians to invest in his Sierra Leone project then that might offset some of his wages? I was wondering if this was one of the reasons he had the meetings with them.

Speculation, but possible I would have thought.

I dont think persuasion is needed here.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:16 pm

Great read, but to me it doesn;t sound that positive in regards of him coming back to us.
I hope he does and I hope you all are right. Roll on next season.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:50 pm

Sounds like wages are what's important for him. I think he'll probably end up having his contract torn up at Man C and he'll end up at the club offering to pay him the most (which probably won't be us).
This is completely the opposite to what Steve Tucker's Echo article suggested a few months ago.

Hope I'm wrong - it was a pleasure watching CB play for City last season.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:17 pm

craig said he will only play for us or man city, i believe him, he will not have to sign for any other team ,even if man city agree a deal with say liecester, he says no that means no, mark my words, bellamy will be hear at some stage next season ,my prediction is, we will pay him 30k a week , man city will pay him 3 mill to rip up his contract ,man city save 1.5 mill bellamy gets 4.5 mill in total next season, same as his contract now everyone happy :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: