Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

WHEN WE WERE AT NINIAN PARK I USED TO SAY THAT WHEN WE

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:21 am

MOVE to the New Stadium OUR COSTS WILL TRIPLE.
I took a right slating on the other mb at the time and was laughed at lol.

I keep getting asked wheres all our money going ?

Well in My Opinion other than
PR's wage and the players approx £1.2 Mill a month

We have now got 2 Senior Stadium Managers approx on upto £200,000 between them a yr and cars ect.
We have a media manager who is approx on 4 times our previous one.
We have 4 managers in the Club Shop.
We have 3 Ticket office managers.
We have tripled the stewards.
We have a manager for every section of the New Stadium on match days.
We have trebled the staff for the commercial dept ect.
We have staff in the premier seating beyond yet we only sold 900 out of 2,500 which we have spent over £2 Mill promoting it in the last 3 years.
We have staff behind the scenes which half the time are doing nothing in my opinion.
I could go on and on and on.

Yet less is now spent on Scouts and the Youth Academy, in My Opinion.

We averaged 18,000 approx at Ninian Park, We average 20,000 approx in THE NEW STADIUM.
Surely this is one of the reasons why we are loosing so much money and its PR's job to cut this in half.

The FACUP games Bristol C(6,700 approx) and Leicester(10,500 approx), I rang them and Begged them to shut half the ground, to save on costs and make a better atmosphere it fell on DEAF EARS.
:evil:

Re: WHEN WE WERE AT NINIAN PARK I USED TO SAY THAT WHEN WE

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:23 am

The staffing does seem to be a complete joke.

We need looking at as a club, from top to bottom.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:24 am

We have 4 managers in the Club Shop

come on the club shop is huge :lol: thats crazy 4 managers for that place.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:25 am

It is so stupid, Behind the scenes we need a huge shake up. PR needs to shake some people up.

We need someone like Karen Brady, she went into Birmingham and sack loads of people and ordered everybody to turn off all light and heating. Now that is what we need some one with a bit of authority.

:ayatollah:

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:28 am

chums and gravy trains come to mind :evil:

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:29 am

ihatealiens wrote:chums and gravy trains come to mind :evil:

THATS THE BIGGEST PROB,The board and main staff are virtually all ex Leeds chums in My Opinion.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:30 am

Forever Blue wrote:

THATS THE BIGGEST PROB,The board and main staff are virtually all ex Leeds chums in My Opinion.

and look what happened to them

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:41 am

Can I be a manager?

Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:53 am

Forever Blue wrote:

jobs for the boys ?

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:34 pm

Forever Blue wrote:MOVE to the New Stadium OUR COSTS WILL TRIPLE.
I took a right slating on the other mb at the time and was laughed at lol.

I keep getting asked wheres all our money going ?

Well in My Opinion other than
PR's wage and the players approx £1.2 Mill a month

We have now got 2 Senior Stadium Managers approx on upto £200,000 between them a yr and cars ect.
We have staff in the premier seating beyond yet we only sold 900 out of 2,500 which we have spent over £2 Mill promoting it in the last 3 years.
We have staff behind the scenes which half the time are doing nothing in my opinion.

Yet less is now spent on Scouts and the Youth Academy, in My Opinion.

We averaged 18,000 approx at Ninian Park, We average 20,000 approx in THE NEW STADIUM.
Surely this is one of the reasons why we are loosing so much money and its PR's job to cut this in half.

The FACUP games Bristol C(6,700 approx) and Leicester(10,500 approx), I rang them and Begged them to shut half the ground, to save on costs and make a better atmosphere it fell on DEAF EARS.
:evil:

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:37 pm

Yet still ridsdale can't see it and yet still he won't step down. Maybe it's time for someone inside the club to give him a push? Or at least get the staff there to form a delegation to show him what's going on and why he doesn't need all this over-staffing

Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:50 pm

Maybe the Manager of the Millennium Stadium could give them a few pointers!

Man U got the right idea Stewards do it for the love of the club! no wages there

The shops 4 Managers ALL need sacking cos they are fooking shite anyways - no socks from oct- jan for the kids kits - explain why father christmas could not get them when he is sooo magic!

this could go on n on n on! :lol:

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:01 pm

I thought the club said that our break even figure is 18,000 crowds..Is that not the case now?

Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:02 pm

I'll just give a brief summary of the changes I would make...

Considering the former leader of Cardiff Council earned just over £100,000 a year I find that salary laughable. The Stadium Manager should be on £80,000 maximum and even that is being generous! I can see why two are needed because it's a 24 hour job which involves covering two sports teams. However, the salary is too much.

Not acceptable. Why do they even need a media manager? No advertising is done through the media, the website is rarely updated enough and no PR released from the club is good news, if it ever is! Again, on too much. I'll do this job for £15k a year! I'd do a better job as well.

I don't understand. Why? Two managers maximum. One for Cardiff City FC and one for Cardiff Blues... if that!

They still couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery! Get rid of two of them.

Bigger stadium equals bigger running costs. I assumed we would take on more. To be honest, looking around the stadium at the last few games the number of stewards has seemed sparse considering the area they cover so I don't really have a problem with this.

Again, not too bad due to the running costs of such a big stadium. It's more the salary figures they are on that I would be interested in.

If the commercial revenue reflects these changes and makes it worthwhile then fair play but if not, why do we have so many when our commercial department from the outside doesn't look to have changed much. In fact, I would say that our half of the 'superstore' is now actually smaller than the little club shop was... in stock anyway. Compare our shop to other clubs and we are not maximising our commercial revenue in my opinion.

The Premier seating issue needs to be addressed. We are losing a lot of money due to the club not doing anything about it. Give the seating to school kids, put on a special school party where the kids can buy pop and crisps during the match. We could make an extra few thousand every home game by doing that. The kids might get free seats but the money they and their parents will bring in through food and drink purchases will make it worth doing.

I agree and I have always thought this. There are so many clinger ons. We need to get brutal. Every business has felt the pinch of the recession and it's time Cardiff City FC staff did.

Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:26 pm

Zabier wrote:I'll just give a brief summary of the changes I would make...

Considering the former leader of Cardiff Council earned just over £100,000 a year I find that salary laughable. The Stadium Manager should be on £80,000 maximum and even that is being generous! I can see why two are needed because it's a 24 hour job which involves covering two sports teams. However, the salary is too much.

Not acceptable. Why do they even need a media manager? No advertising is done through the media, the website is rarely updated enough and no PR released from the club is good news, if it ever is! Again, on too much. I'll do this job for £15k a year! I'd do a better job as well.

I don't understand. Why? Two managers maximum. One for Cardiff City FC and one for Cardiff Blues... if that!

They still couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery! Get rid of two of them.

Bigger stadium equals bigger running costs. I assumed we would take on more. To be honest, looking around the stadium at the last few games the number of stewards has seemed sparse considering the area they cover so I don't really have a problem with this.

Again, not too bad due to the running costs of such a big stadium. It's more the salary figures they are on that I would be interested in.

If the commercial revenue reflects these changes and makes it worthwhile then fair play but if not, why do we have so many when our commercial department from the outside doesn't look to have changed much. In fact, I would say that our half of the 'superstore' is now actually smaller than the little club shop was... in stock anyway. Compare our shop to other clubs and we are not maximising our commercial revenue in my opinion.

The Premier seating issue needs to be addressed. We are losing a lot of money due to the club not doing anything about it. Give the seating to school kids, put on a special school party where the kids can buy pop and crisps during the match. We could make an extra few thousand every home game by doing that. The kids might get free seats but the money they and their parents will bring in through food and drink purchases will make it worth doing.

I agree and I have always thought this. There are so many clinger ons. We need to get brutal. Every business has felt the pinch of the recession and it's time Cardiff City FC staff did.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:32 pm

the staff out numberr you in the premierr seating.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:41 pm

At least we aint got an IT Manager...sorry BJ :oops:
Did anyone else catch Keith Harris on 5live on Saturday telling listeners how he was trying to broker a deal to sell Man Ure....isnt this Muppet on OUR Payroll??ABSURD!!! :evil:

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:07 pm

Thats the Diffrence if it was Riddlers busines he'd be keeping costs down. But as it is a football club and it's the Fans money he dont give a f**k.

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:35 pm

Wasn't Keith Harris brought in to bring new investment to the club? Wasn't he hired 3-4 years ago? How much investment have we earned? I'd say he's not worth the money. I'll find us investment and I won't even ask to be paid!

Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:52 pm

Keith Harris???We'd have been better off with feckin Orville!! :evil: