Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bellamy on Cardiff City & Roberto Mancini

Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:50 pm

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballna ... -29018410/

Craig Bellamy has insisted Cardiff City remain his first choice for a move away from Manchester City - and revealed that he has not spoken to Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini for 18 months.

Bellamy, who has a year remaining on his contract in Manchester, spent last season on loan at his hometown club but does not want another loan move, preferring a permanent move away from Eastlands.

But the move depends on the wealthy Citizens paying up the final year of his deal.

He said: “If they pay me the final year of my wages, then I’m sure I can go wherever I want. In that case my first option would be Cardiff.”

However, a pay cut does not appeal, as he added: “I have my own academy in Sierra Leone, where I have to take care of 13 children, day in, day out. My wages are more important to them than they are for me.”

Bellamy also revealed he has not spoken to Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini for 18 months – and blames the Italian’s man-management style for the breakdown in communication.

The 31-year-old striker – expected to be left behind when City’s first-team squad fly to Los Angeles for pre-season training today – claims his career prospects at Eastlands stalled within days of Mancini being installed as successor to Mark Hughes in December 2009.

He claimed: “At present I expect to go back there and stay the whole year. And if Mancini is still there I’ll probably do very little. Obviously I won’t be involved with him and the first team.

“It was tough (when Hughes left) – it was like losing someone. It was probably as bad as losing a family member in some ways. I even struggled to eat for a few days.

“It was a totally different structure which affected me completely. Mancini told me to stay with the team all the time. We had longer training sessions, but with no intensity whatsoever.

“He seemed to know my knee better than I knew it myself. He tried to explain why I had problems with it and what I should do about it. When I told him my knee was hurting, he tried to tell me it wasn’t.

“Mancini wanted me to come in another day and do some work – but I told him I’d finished my work that day, that I was keeping to my own schedule.

“That was when he started about my programme, that I couldn’t follow my own schedule while he was the manager – and that I had to do what he was telling me.

“He said ’if you don’t you can go back home now. And don’t come in again’. I replied ’okay, no problem, I’m going home then’. That was a week after he’d arrived – and then he never spoke to me again.”

Re: Bellamy on Cardiff City & Roberto Mancini

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:01 pm

Mancini sounds a bit of a knob to me! :D

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:05 pm

Hang on, am I reading this right. Craig does not want a pay cut....? does he expect us to pay him the £90,000 a week he was getting at Man City.......?

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:08 pm

Seems like Mancini has a massive ego and anyone who disagrees with him is out the door. Certainly sounds like Craig doesnt want to take a pay cut because of his foundation, if thats the case he wont be coming back. Lets see if he keeps to his word.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:15 pm

fair play to bells. im not going to knock him for all the work he does for his acadamy. People in genral can say what they like about him, but you cant knock him for the works he does out there. If he comes back ''its a bonus'' if he doesnt we move on.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:16 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Hang on, am I reading this right. Craig does not want a pay cut....? does he expect us to pay him the £90,000 a week he was getting at Man City.......?

I'd say he means that he isn't going to buy out his own contract

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:26 pm

RichardBluebird wrote:Hang on, am I reading this right. Craig does not want a pay cut....? does he expect us to pay him the £90,000 a week he was getting at Man City.......?

Nope, he wants Man City to buy him out of his contract which will be around 4m.

There are a lot of options here. Perhaps another club will come in and split the
difference with City? I dont see us weighing in 2m for him.

Its obvious he wants to come here but the odds are stacked against it :(

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:39 pm

All but dead yet.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:55 pm

taffyapple wrote:

Nope, he wants Man City to buy him out of his contract which will be around 4m.

There are a lot of options here. Perhaps another club will come in and split the
difference with City? I dont see us weighing in 2m for him.

Its obvious he wants to come here but the odds are stacked against it :(

Persoanally I think £2 million plus wages could be much better spent, mainly due to the fact that his knee is on it's way out and who knows how long it will last, days weeks, months years who knows but it's too bigger risk for me.......

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:01 pm

I don't think so.The way I read it was that Man City could either pay him the final year of his contract and then let him go,in which case Cardiff would be his first option,or,they could put him in the reserves
and keep him up there.
It seems to me that given that situation,there may be a bit of room for a compromise deal to be struck.
However,I've no doubt that Malky will proceed with his squad-building on the assumption that Craig will
NOT be here next season.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:25 pm

I cant believe anyone really seriously thought any difference, its laughable some of the things people have been suggesting. No normal man gives up 4m for a years work especially when they are coming to the end of there career.

Ive said all along that the only options are if Man City pay him up in full and we take him on a free on a lower wage.
Or the loan back again as per the terms last season.

I still think one or the other will happen.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Surely if Man City pay his contract up {4 million] then that would be his wages for next season. Is that why he said he would play for us for nothing!

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:15 pm

canton blue wrote:Surely if Man City pay his contract up {4 million] then that would be his wages for next season. Is that why he said he would play for us for nothing!

This is what I thought when he said it.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:21 pm

Why should he take a pay cut?

Man City signed a legally binding contract for a certain amount of years. If they're not going to include him in the 25 man squad then their best bet is to loan him out wherever he wants to go and take whatever percentage they can so the loss is not as big.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:25 pm

Well obviously if Man City pay up the £4m to him in advance, then obviously he'd be happy to come and earn £30k a week at city.... And if Man City don't agree to pay it up - then 1. They will either sell him to another club (which Bellamy would then have to agree terms with - and he could be very difficult if he wanted to be and prevent a move from happening) or 2. they will let him rot in the reserves for a season and get nothing out of him (This option makes no sense though as Man City will still be wasting £3.9 million!) or 3. Loan him back out again - and pay a portion of the wages (although they won't have to pay all of his wages - Bellamy still has to agree terms on a loan move which once again - he could pull all the strings on)

Personally - this is a very touchy subject - but with Man City recently getting £300 million for the stadium naming sponsorship and the shirt sponsorship deal, What the hell is £4m to a multi billionaire?? who are willing to fork out £200,000 a week on Teves doing eff all as well! :shock:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Earnie is the new Bellamy

Be nice to have him here but im ready to move on

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:03 pm

Mafor wrote:Earnie is the new Bellamy

But you now have to ask is Bellamy worth 90.000 a week ? Is he still a 90.000 a week Player ? To command those wages you have to be a top Premiere Player. He was 2 seasons ago but is he now ?
Dont get me wrong we need Craig but we can't afford those wages to support an Academy in Sierra Leone.
We all now Craig at the moment is Mr Cardiff City i say that because a few seasons ago he said Liverpool was his team, But we cannot bankrupt ourselves to bring him here.

Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:36 pm

Anyone seen Blue Moon Rising when Mancini is stood in the background with his arms folded looking sheepish and Bellamy is walking round the dressing round geeing everyone up and trying to motivate them.

Absolutely class piece of footage - I truely believe Mancini saw Bellamy as a threat

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:04 pm

Nuclearblue wrote:

But you now have to ask is Bellamy worth 90.000 a week ? Is he still a 90.000 a week Player ? To command those wages you have to be a top Premiere Player. He was 2 seasons ago but is he now ?
Dont get me wrong we need Craig but we can't afford those wages to support an Academy in Sierra Leone.
We all now Craig at the moment is Mr Cardiff City i say that because a few seasons ago he said Liverpool was his team, But we cannot bankrupt ourselves to bring him here.

Steve, I'm not sure if you're missing the point here. If he gets paid out by mc, (£3.9m) then he will be offered £30k a week by city, but if they can't agree a mutual cancellation then Bellamy can not afford to lose his money.... Obviously Cardiff won't be paying anywhere near 90k a week! What he's basically saying is if he gets his entitled pay out from mc then he can afford to come to us....

Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:09 pm

Merlin wrote:
Nuclearblue wrote:

Steve, I'm not sure if you're missing the point here. If he gets paid out by mc, (£3.9m) then he will be offered £30k a week by city, but if they can't agree a mutual cancellation then Bellamy can not afford to lose his money.... Obviously Cardiff won't be paying anywhere near 90k a week! What he's basically saying is if he gets his entitled pay out from mc then he can afford to come to us....

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:03 pm

Merlin wrote:Well obviously if Man City pay up the £4m to him in advance, then obviously he'd be happy to come and earn £30k a week at city.... And if Man City don't agree to pay it up - then 1. They will either sell him to another club (which Bellamy would then have to agree terms with - and he could be very difficult if he wanted to be and prevent a move from happening) or 2. they will let him rot in the reserves for a season and get nothing out of him (This option makes no sense though as Man City will still be wasting £3.9 million!) or 3. Loan him back out again - and pay a portion of the wages (although they won't have to pay all of his wages - Bellamy still has to agree terms on a loan move which once again - he could pull all the strings on)

Personally - this is a very touchy subject - but with Man City recently getting £300 million for the stadium naming sponsorship and the shirt sponsorship deal, What the hell is £4m to a multi billionaire?? who are willing to fork out £200,000 a week on Teves doing eff all as well! :shock:

Good post above Merlin :ayatollah: This is so spot on ;) There are a few other scenarios which could take place.

Here is just 1 - RM has a budget to buy and sell - So if he is able to sell the likes of SWP : GIVEN : JO : SANTA CRUZ : ADEBAYOR: ONHUAH : TEVEZ : To name just 7 ;) MAN CITY might cut their losses with BELLERS ( imo ) :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:22 pm

None of us would leave that sort of money to play for Cardiff when you can collect it and just move here next season with the money in your pocket.

We have to be realistic here guys

Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:56 pm

Siren1927 wrote:None of us would leave that sort of money to play for Cardiff when you can collect it and just move here next season with the money in your pocket.

We have to be realistic here guys

We understand that! BUT - What will he do in the meantime? :roll:

I think that there MUST be a way out for Craig....

Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:07 am

i still believe that bellars will be a cardiff player next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:39 am

thewelshfella wrote:i still believe that bellars will be a cardiff player next season :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

mate put a women on moving her tongue around makes me cringe every time I catch a glimpse of it not good. :o

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:52 am

Bellamy was told that He is not going to be needed by Man City this season, he was also told that he will not be travelling on the pre-season training abroad with the team.

I'm not sure what Mancini is playing at, and I think the guy is a right bloody egotistical arse hole (thats my opinion btw!) but no matter what happens - I still cant see the club allowing him to stay there against Mancini's wishes and pick up £4 million quid doing eff all.....

Mancini will probably look to at least find a way to make money out of him from moving on, the only way that can be done is through a player sale, (which Bellamy will pretty much orchestrate!) or a LOAN deal - which neither party wants, unless the loan is back to Cardiff (but then you have the issue of how much Wages Man City are willing to pay!)

Tough one huh. :roll:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:26 pm

Merlin wrote:Bellamy was told that He is not going to be needed by Man City this season, he was also told that he will not be travelling on the pre-season training abroad with the team.

I'm not sure what Mancini is playing at, and I think the guy is a right bloody egotistical arse hole (thats my opinion btw!) but no matter what happens - I still cant see the club allowing him to stay there against Mancini's wishes and pick up £4 million quid doing eff all.....

Mancini will probably look to at least find a way to make money out of him from moving on, the only way that can be done is through a player sale, (which Bellamy will pretty much orchestrate!) or a LOAN deal - which neither party wants, unless the loan is back to Cardiff (but then you have the issue of how much Wages Man City are willing to pay!)

Tough one huh. :roll:

Then, if Cardiff loan Bellamy for around £30k per week from Man City, it's effectively like Bellamy being our player as he would see his contract out with MCFC and then join us properly the season after if his knee is still ok. Man City would surely prefer this as it saves them a third of his wages which is around £1.5 million by my recknoning, rather than paying the full £4.5 million.

Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:07 pm

The major problem is that Man City just don't give a f**k.

They don't need to sell to buy players.

They don't give a f**k about Bellers and there is f**k all Bellers can do.

You can't play hardball with a club that has so much money.