Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Bluebird till I die update...Thank you Julian Jenkins

Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:20 pm

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_9142803

Want to thank Julian Jenkins and the club for their co-operation and giving my song Bluebird till I die their blessing although! ...I'll be there will take priority which I fully support.It was not my intention to write a song while the campaign was in progress it just happened like most songs do.I will be working on adding the new players to the song and additional guitars this evening(then off for a quick pint) 8-),I see the Jacks got a song and I can honestly say not as good as our songs cos they will always be second best to us in everything they do....Cheers for the support....

Take a listen if you haven't already

http://www.reverbnation.com/play_now/song_9142803

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Bluebird till I die update...Thank you Julian Jenkins

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:50 pm

Great tune. Can't see why the club can't play it during the warm prior to " I'll be there ". With time the fans would learn the words and sing along. It would make for a great atmosphere. Plus it would be " our song " not one adapted for us.

As for Julian Jenkins, I have nothing but praise for him and the superb job he does. When we moved to the new stadium I had my leg in a temp brace and couldn't sit in my new seat. Julian arranged for me to sit in the premier seating where I had space for my outsretched leg. At no extra cost just so that I wouldn't miss any games. Fantastic customer service.

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:54 pm

Yes Great Tune, CONGRATULATIONS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 7:57 pm

Jenkins learnt his skills working with .... hmmmm Daya :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Top bloke he is too!

Have the tust or Sludge been in touch ? would you let them sell your tune in aid of the statue fund?

Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:52 pm

Excellent tune, :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Love to hear that on a match day. :)

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:22 pm

g8 tune m8 hope ccfc play it next season :ayatollah:

Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:26 pm

Much better than I'll be there to be honest. Well done mate, good tune.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:53 am

After speaking to Ali today I am glad to say the song will be on the playlist on matchdays,I am currently adding the names of the new players and a few surprises will be in there.A final version will be ready for the Celtic match.
I will post the lyrics here, on all CCFC facebook pages and my reverbnation page.I am also writing a story board for a video which I will produce and edit myself...checkout my CCFC promotion run in trailer I made at the end of last season.

http://youtu.be/emUWzM6QpL0

I have told Ali I would be prepared to donate a percentage of any takings to the charity of the clubs choice and if that is the statue fund I would be delighted.This song is not about anything other than the club I love and if it helps people and at the same time fulfills my dream of having my track played at the club then that will do for me.

:old: I Will be a Bluebird till I die :old:

Mackay is what we needed,new staff,new stadium,new song

:ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Thank you for your support,I'll let you all get back to reading Annis's book

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:08 am

Will it be available on iTunes to download ? :ayatollah: :D

Sun Jul 10, 2011 2:17 am

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:Will it be available on iTunes to download ? :ayatollah: :D

I will be having further discussions with the club and hopefully it will be available to download.All news will be posted here first.The home of CCFC supporters. :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:47 am

really enjoyed that well done :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:17 am

Cracking song mate it got me singing it straight away, but why dont you try and write one that can be our anthem type thing if you know what i mean, a song with no players names in then it could be played and sang for many years not just for one season, i liked james fox wembley song bit you can only play it for so long, we need a new song that all the fans can belt out for years to come best of luck with this song like i said its a cracker :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:33 am

evans above wrote:Cracking song mate it got me singing it straight away, but why dont you try and write one that can be our anthem type thing if you know what i mean, a song with no players names in then it could be played and sang for many years not just for one season, i liked james fox wembley song bit you can only play it for so long, we need a new song that all the fans can belt out for years to come best of luck with this song like i said its a cracker :ayatollah:

I was going to post the same as this. A timeless version rather than players names. They will not be here one day, but the song and fans remain. :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Cracking tune BTW. ;)

Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:47 am

Good effort that very catchy be great if we could ge 20,000 + singing that at the CCS :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:01 pm

evans above wrote:Cracking song mate it got me singing it straight away, but why dont you try and write one that can be our anthem type thing if you know what i mean, a song with no players names in then it could be played and sang for many years not just for one season, i liked james fox wembley song bit you can only play it for so long, we need a new song that all the fans can belt out for years to come best of luck with this song like i said its a cracker :ayatollah:

Excellent comment mate and very constructive,If people want an anthem I will work my socks off to come up with something but songs don't come easy and it can be difficult to get it right.After more than 20 years writing I finally came up with this and I feel I have hit the spot with this one. I am more than happy to play around with the lyrics once this is complete and do a version that does not include names,sort of a song that can be recycled,would it cause confusion?......what do the fans think?

Keep the comments coming this song is for the club :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:21 pm

Great song and catchy too which is the key to all singalong songs, I really think that with some minor tinkering to get rid of the names that this could become one of those timeless anthems, I'm singing along already. Great work.

Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:27 pm

It would be great if you had a video to it like you singing the song in front of Canton Stand, with fans behind you singing a chorus and maybe a few players would pop a long to join. Its just an idea :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:37 pm

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:It would be great if you had a video to it like you singing the song in front of Canton Stand, with fans behind you singing a chorus and maybe a few players would pop a long to join. Its just an idea :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Great idea i recon, maybe we could use this forum as a vehicle to find out how many people would be interested in going along to a match early for the sole reason of making the video

Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:58 pm

[quote="Jes"]Great song and catchy too which is the key to all singalong songs, I really think that with some minor tinkering to get rid of the names that this could become one of those timeless anthems, I'm singing along already. Great work.[/quo

Excellent comments mate,unfortunately the names are going to remain on this one as time is a factor,It needs to be completed for the Celtic game BUT!
As we speak I am thinking of lyrics that could be timeless and If I manage to get decent lyrics I will do another version/we can have 2 versions,no harm in that.........If anybody has ideas for lyrics that can replace the players names then please post them here and I will see if I can use them.Cheers

Sun Jul 10, 2011 1:04 pm

BluebirdCarwyn wrote:It would be great if you had a video to it like you singing the song in front of Canton Stand, with fans behind you singing a chorus and maybe a few players would pop a long to join. Its just an idea :ayatollah: :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Brilliant idea,would be nice if CCFC would supply the film crew,maybe the forum can push this idea.