Cardiff City Forum

A forum for all things Cardiff City

Time to build a 'Team'

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:37 pm

I am now starting to think that Malkay Mackay was chosen (and not others who were possibly in the frame who needed to spend big to achieve....and then failed) as our manager because he built a fine 'TEAM' at Watford who worked hard and played in a certain syle but were quite the finished article. If he had then been given the funds could he have put a final polish on to that unfinished article?
Surely what he is now doing is putting together a group of players that hopefully can emulate what he achieved at Watford. HOPEFULLY this will be the start of the building process that will get us to where we want to go. This will OF COURSE take time and we must be patient (My God as Cardiff fans we have needed plenty of that over the years) and allow Malkay to do his job. PERHAPS this is why , initially, we are not seeing big money spent (or wasted) at this moment in time.
Whether we like it or not this was the Swansea blueprint and it has served them well. PLEASE can we accept that we may have to miss out on the Play-offs or automatic promotion this season? :ayatollah: :ayatollah:

Re: Time to build a 'Team'

Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:51 pm

Exactly, DJ did not only fail in getting us up, he has left us without a squad, and on the pitch back to square one. If we can give DJ 6 years we can give Malky plenty of time! :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:20 pm

brilliantbluebirds09 wrote:Exactly, DJ did not only fail in getting us up, he has left us without a squad, and on the pitch back to square one. If we can give DJ 6 years we can give Malky plenty of time! :ayatollah:

ONE MORE REASONABLE SUPPORTER !!!!!! :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:58 pm

Malky's building a team to play together. Dave Jones built a team..... of individuals!

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:14 pm

canton blue wrote:Malky's building a team to play together. Dave Jones built a team..... of individuals!

No what you mean......but perhaps thats where he went wrong? You can't build a TEAM of INDIVIDUALS. :lol: :ayatollah:

Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:15 pm

skybluebird wrote:
canton blue wrote:Malky's building a team to play together. Dave Jones built a team..... of individuals!

No what you mean......but perhaps thats where he went wrong? You can't build a TEAM of INDIVIDUALS. :lol: :ayatollah:

Oops I corected you....and I said no (Know) what you mean. :lol: :ayatollah: